UK Forum Members Only - Blood Tests

Lucky13

Cycle, test, HGH
What's the simplest way for me to get a blood test in the UK, I'll need my liver, test and colesterol levels checked...I'm gonna find it hard just walking into my Dr's and just asking for it since she's gonna turn round and ask "why?"

Sure I could make some shit up about feeling depressed and maybe I have low test levels but 2 other tests at the same time! she's not gonna buy that.

Anyway advise from UK posters only please as the US medical system is a shite load different.

be honest with your doc, tell them you use gear and ask for the relevent tests, your doctor has to keep what you tell them confidential and they would much rather give yu a few simple blood tests then dealt with you when your body is bust

I see no real reason to tell your doc your on steroids to get a simple blood test. Go to a walk in clinic...just tell him what tests you want and leave it at that. You have to understand that the majority of doctors, as great as they are, are not informed as to our specifc situation and, for the most part, won't be of much help. The only time I would tell a doc about useage would be if it was a very serious issue or if they were knowledgeable about steroids and bb'ing.

No way I'm gonna advise my Dr i've been on steroids that will affect my life insurance, and also if I decide to take out private health care later...I don't think there are many guys from the UK on this board so no worries I will try a UK board

TERESKAN said:
im from the UK and i told my doctor.

Well respect for telling your doc but if it's now in ur records your life insurance and private health care, if you ever decide to have some may be affected....although I guess your health is more important...

I have found a place in the UK that does blood tests but it's in London...not exactly a walk in center :D

Go to your doc (or another if she knows you too well) and say you are rapidly losing weight over the last few years; and ask for test levels checked.
Alternatively, if the doc fills in a card for you with what to test so you can go to the lab to have it done (not all docs do it that way!), add test to that chart to be tested.
I did both, plus later on I also told my doc I was on steroids when I started a year later. No worries. He checks me up regularly.

Now how could it effect youre insurance if you tell youre doc something confidental?
As they are not allowed to tell anything or put anything in youre records if you tell them not to.

I don't think you can tell your DR what they can and can't put into your records.....when you get your life insurance they will certainly look at your medical records....a

Lucky13 said:
I don't think you can tell your DR what they can and can't put into your records.....when you get your life insurance they will certainly look at your medical records....a

they do not look at your medical records at all when you seek life insurance, yes you need to state any illnesses or serious injuries you may have sustained but your medical records are totally confidential between yourself and your doc.

Also if my body ever did take a funny turn and i was rushed to hospital and wasunable to tell the doctor what was wrong with me having my doctor know about my steroid use could help the doctors make me good again.

All true and good points TERESKAN I'll have a chat with my doc and feel things out before admiting anything.

Back