Vision Issues with Nolva-What to do For PCT

thetopdog

Hey guys, I recently ran a 12 week cycle of Test E 600mg/week along with NPP 300mg/week for the first 10 weeks. It's been a little over 3 weeks since my last injection of test. While I was on test I started developing gyno so I took some Nolva and Letro which got rid of the gyno, but I now have a black "floater" in my eye. I read that Nolva can cause these issues and I don't want to risk the health of my eyes so I'm wondering what options I have for PCT. I have Nolva, Clomid and Torem on hand, but they all are associated with vision issues so I'm a little worried. I've run both Clomid and Nolva many times in the past with absolutely no vision issues, so I'm not sure why I'm experiencing issues now

Another thing to note is that I haven't lost any size or strength at all even though my last test injection was 23 days ago. I'm also still vascular and I'm not experiencing any libido/erection issues at all. I'm not sure why this is, since in the past I've experienced the typical symptoms (loss of size and strength, lethargy, decreased libido, etc.) associated with coming off cycle.

Any feedback? Should I roll the dice with a low dose of clomid (not really eager to try Nolva again since it led to my vision issues in the first place) and/or torem? Should I just try low-dose Arimidex by itself (I've read somewhere that Arimidex could be used as an alternative to Clomid or Nolva)? Should I just not bother doing PCT at all since I'm not really feeling any negative effects from being off-cycle (is it possible some of my gear was fake and I've actually been "off cycle" for longer than 3 weeks?). I want to recover fully, but I really can't afford to do anything to compromise my vision. For background, I'm 32, 5'10, 212lbs, ~11% bf, and this was my 6th cycle

I think your rolling the dice by not running something. I would definitely go with clomid + torem. Or even just clomid if you have to. Get a SERM in there asap. No AI's... yes dex will work after a very rough first period, but not nearly as well as SERM therapy.
Also, despite though you usually have symptoms by now you're not really that far out... there's most likely a good deal of androgens still floating around you. Expect the crash in another week or so. Would definitely recommend getting a SERM started before then.

I think your rolling the dice by not running something. I would definitely go with clomid + torem. Or even just clomid if you have to. Get a SERM in there asap. No AI's... yes dex will work after a very rough first period, but not nearly as well as SERM therapy.
Also, despite though you usually have symptoms by now you're not really that far out... there's most likely a good deal of androgens still floating around you. Expect the crash in another week or so. Would definitely recommend getting a SERM started before then.

I agree with this 100% man.....

Thanks guys. So you think I should try clomid? I'm just terrified of any long-term vision issues, I'd honestly rather deal with having to be on TRT for the rest of my life than compromising my vision. Do you guys have any links or information regarding the visual side effects associated with these drugs and what I can do to try to mitigate them?

Thanks guys. So you think I should try clomid? I'm just terrified of any long-term vision issues, I'd honestly rather deal with having to be on TRT for the rest of my life than compromising my vision. Do you guys have any links or information regarding the visual side effects associated with these drugs and what I can do to try to mitigate them?

Vision issues are generally very rare, even with Tamoxifene which has the highest probability it would seem. There's also a good chance your current vision issue is entirely unrelated to the nolva.

I would run clomid + torem if I were you, just monitor your vision and any sign of adverse effects drop them both. I really doubt you'll have much issue though man... it is quite rare.

This is a long read and it doesn't cover that much detail on all three really.. but it does basically highlight that nolva is the 'riskiest' ...if you want the info:
Breast Cancer Medications and Vision: Effects of Treatments for Early-stage Disease

Last edited:
Vision issues are generally very rare, even with Tamoxifene which has the highest probability it would seem. There's also a good chance your current vision issue is entirely unrelated to the nolva.

I would run clomid + torem if I were you, just monitor your vision and any sign of adverse effects drop them both. I really doubt you'll have much issue though man... it is quite rare.

This is a long read and it doesn't cover that much detail on all three really.. but it does basically highlight that nolva is the 'riskiest' ...if you want the info:
Breast Cancer Medications and Vision: Effects of Treatments for Early-stage Disease

Thanks a lot man, I really appreciate it

Back