Warning to those that are harrasing our members & trolling

Mr P

Super Moderator
First I want to point out to all members that it is ok when newbies ask questions, I understand new members should first do their own research and read the stikys as there's lots of useful information there...
We need to keep in mind that we were all newbs and everyone learns something new everyday, please be patient and supportive when replying to these type of threads.. if you're gonna post something stupid and unconstructive don't post anything.
For those that continue with this you will be given a warning and if u don't comply you'll be banned.

we are rounding up those who cannot seem to be civil on the forum and we will show you the door.. be kind to each other.. we are here to share knowledge and have a good time while doing it..

enjoy ology

:dance2:First time I came on here was a different name I had never touched a as and came right out first post asking where I can get some lol. The responses scared me away but then a few months later I came back with my new identity 49ER!! So I understand we were all new and asked stupid stuff in the beginning

While I agree that we all need to entertain the new members a little, some of the recent posting by a select few (including that of bumping 11 year old threads simply for shits and giggles) needs to be stopped. Blatant trolling to entice a fight here. We want quality information on the forums, not something thats cluttered with crap. That scares new members away far quicker then some of us "testing" the newbies.

My $0.02, yes I know you didn't ask for it, and at the end of the day it's your house.

While I agree that we all need to entertain the new members a little, some of the recent posting by a select few (including that of bumping 11 year old threads simply for shits and giggles) needs to be stopped. Blatant trolling to entice a fight here. We want quality information on the forums, not something thats cluttered with crap. That scares new members away far quicker then some of us "testing" the newbies.

My $0.02, yes I know you didn't ask for it, and at the end of the day it's your house.

I understand how frustrating it is when a newb just start posting senseless post starting trouble, but there is nothing wrong with bumping an old thread as long as the post is constructive and Ology is all our home as long as we fallow the rules ;)

Mr P,

I completely agree that recently its gotten completely out of hand with almost every newbie being bashed & accused of being a troll, etc - this isn't tolerable.

However, this all started when there were certain members that were CLEAR trolls (ojand, etc) and the admin didn't allow you mods to ban them when it became clear that this was the case.
Because the admin didn't allow this, the members here assumed that the trolls were being given free will to do whatever they want - as a result, members who aren't trolls got caught up in the crossfire.
Basically, had the obvious trolls been banned immediately would all this other bashing have occurred? I seriously doubt it.

I'm not defending the unacceptable responses some newbies have gotten from members here, I'm simply pointing out how we got to this point so that HOPEFULLY we all learn how to avoid these situations in the future :)

I understand how frustrating it is when a newb just start posting senseless post starting trouble, but there is nothing wrong with bumping an old thread as long as the post is constructive and Ology is all our home as long as we fallow the rules ;)

I appreciate your response. Thank you.

I could never be mean to someone after looking at my first post lolol. I'll have to dig it up it's pretty comical.

I'll agree some of the questions seem redundant by new members, BUT with that being said, how we respect each other should never change. I may say mother fucker more then 99% of other respected mods or other older members, BUT let's not bash the ones that don't know. Just point them in the direction to fucking kill it:)

Mr P,

I completely agree that recently its gotten completely out of hand with almost every newbie being bashed & accused of being a troll, etc - this isn't tolerable.

However, this all started when there were certain members that were CLEAR trolls (ojand, etc) and the admin didn't allow you mods to ban them when it became clear that this was the case.
Because the admin didn't allow this, the members here assumed that the trolls were being given free will to do whatever they want - as a result, members who aren't trolls got caught up in the crossfire.
Basically, had the obvious trolls been banned immediately would all this other bashing have occurred? I seriously doubt it.

I'm not defending the unacceptable responses some newbies have gotten from members here, I'm simply pointing out how we got to this point so that HOPEFULLY we all learn how to avoid these situations in the future :)

Please call me P :),
Now, about administration ignoring this issue I can tell you they have been busy, it's not that they allow this kind of behavior. Ology is not the only Job they have, you know how it is, we each have our regular jobs, etc ...
Every board has has their share of trolls, we just have to send a strong message so they can leave and troll somewhere else. I think we're all here to share our knowledge, learn and help each other.

Many times the newbies ask what is to us stupid Q's but remember they haven't done research because they didn't know where and what to look for, and or just didn't even know there was something to learn except where to purchase so they cold just stab their asses and get big.

There go.... we listen and gently talk it out and suggest and point in the right direction. THEN if the still persist in being ignorant, defiant, argumentative and rude we can let them go away and tell them we are trough with them and the such !! :)

Many times the newbies ask what is to us stupid Q's but remember they haven't done research because they didn't know where and what to look for, and or just didn't even know there was something to learn except where to purchase so they cold just stab their asses and get big.

There go.... we listen and gently talk it out and suggest and point in the right direction. THEN if the still persist in being ignorant, defiant, argumentative and rude we can let them go away and tell them we are trough with them and the such !! :)

Well said old man :)

I have to say that I am VERY good at doing research - it is a passion of mine and I enjoy reading endless pages of technical info. That said, there is so much technical info that new members are supposed to read that even I had troubles going through it all and remembering even half of it. I fully expect new members to actually try to read all the info, but I also fully expect them to fail to remember much of it at all. Showing them the specific thread where their question is answered is good, while giving a very basic answer to help them find the more in depth one.

Either I caught you all on a good week when I joined up, or my time in the Navy caused me to not care about being bashed around a bit...but I do not remember being hit upon as hard as the new guys have been recently.

I could never be mean to someone after looking at my first post lolol. I'll have to dig it up it's pretty comical.

Totally agree but when people keep asking why their ass smells on cycle? Well that's bit to much. Like I said in previous posts, this forum is for real men mad women who want true results and do thing the right way!

Totally agree but when people keep asking why their ass smells on cycle? Well that's bit to much. Like I said in previous posts, this forum is for real men mad women who want true results and do thing the right way!

Funny, but maybe a valid question...jeez ! feel bad for his wife :worried:

I think this is like everything in life, your attitude is everything, some have crappy attitudes and follow their inflated ego, and this is why they reply the way they do, u don't have to be an a$$hole to get your point across, vet or not.
New members don't always read and research on their own, is it frustrating ? yes, is like having your 4 year old on the back of your car asking are we there yet?", are we there yet ? u have to have patience, and if u don't have anything constructive to add, simply, don't post anything.
I think we all have gone thou the "newb" phase at some point and have posted plenty of "dumb" questions, if u can't contribute with a constructive reply, simply ignore the thread.

Good to know. I also like how the mods here seem to have our (girls') backs too. Some guys can be stupid on threads started by females, runs them off. So it means a lot!

Those that troll and don't take serious usually don't have a successful AAS career and also give it the bad name it has amongst the general population of non users and the average joes.

Back