ways of lowering RBC value other than giving blood

droid

1- I have been on HRT for a year now and my RBC keeps getting a little higher every six months and I am in fear they are going to make me go with a lesser dose or discontinue me. Does anyone know of an alteranative way to lower red blood cell count other than giving blood.

2- Can a high RBC cause blood pressure to go up because of thicker blood?

3- Red cross now has a process where they can take 2 pints of just red blood cells. Instead of the usual one. But you have to wait every 112 days to donate again. Does anyone have an opinion on which may be better for keeping RBC low?

DROID

Getting rid of excess blood is the only way I know of.

I was in a similar situation as you, where my doc wanted me to cut back on my HRT dosage.

I couldn't ethically give blood because of being on real cycles and because of recent tattoos, so I got him finally to set up a couple of philebotomy sessions. Those fuckers use a 14g harpoon, they make a 18g drawing pin look more like a slin pin........LOL

StoneColdNTO said:
Getting rid of excess blood is the only way I know of.

I was in a similar situation as you, where my doc wanted me to cut back on my HRT dosage.

I couldn't ethically give blood because of being on real cycles and because of recent tattoos, so I got him finally to set up a couple of philebotomy sessions. Those fuckers use a 14g harpoon, they make a 18g drawing pin look more like a slin pin........LOL

Did you have bllod work after the sessions and did it work? How often do you go. How many pints of red did they take from you?

DROID

All blood ranges are back to normal now. I only had to go twice, they were actually back to normal after the first time. Had a pint taken both times.

Back