Weight lose for women.

C Wood

How much weight lose per week is considered acceptable for women?My wife just spent 3 days in the hospital for a gallstone issue and needless to say we answered a number of questions.One point of contention was a 300 lb female nurse ripped my ass because she thought that my wife weight lose over the last 3 months was excessive.She was 5'5" 145 lbs until 2004 when she ballooned to 220 lbs because of her hypo thyroid.She takes 200mg Synthroid daily.

On march 1st she weighed 223 lbs on our Wi scale.She just tipped the scale at 195 lbs ten minutes.Is this too much to fast for a woman.I lift with and train men so I'm clueless on dieting for women.

I like the KISS approach so she doesnt get frustrated and quit like a million times before.

I've been with her for 23 yrs and this is the first time I've seen an honest effort to help herself.I want to be as supportive as possible and keep her going in the right direction.

Any thought or advice would be appreciated.................

Last edited:
So in 8 weeks she lost 30lbs, thats 3.75 pounds a week. I usually wont let myself loose more than 2lbs a week because I think if I loose more, more of it is muscle.

But then again being that heavy at 5'5" would have its risks too.

Just make sure she is doing it safely and getting enough cals.

Congrats to her on losing the weight tho!!

She lost 30 lbs in 90 days.She isn"t starving,just not eating garbage and drinking diet Coke like before.A little bit of discipline goes a long way.

If she get's to her goal of 140 lbs I'm buying her a set of fake boobage and a tummy tuck.

If she had a lot of weight to lose this is normal.

However I'm with Blondie....I don't like losing more than 2 pounds a week for fear of losing muscle.

So in 8 weeks she lost 30lbs, thats 3.75 pounds a week. I usually wont let myself loose more than 2lbs a week because I think if I loose more, more of it is muscle.

But then again being that heavy at 5'5" would have its risks too.

Just make sure she is doing it safely and getting enough cals.

Congrats to her on losing the weight tho!!
A buffed hard body like you losing over 2 lbs a week wouldn't be good.I think the first 40 lbs or so will come off quick then it's gong to get more challenging.We eat the same stuff,I just eat 3 times as much as she does.She is getting 2000-2200 calories a day and hasn't complained once about being hungry.

This may be suprising but she doesnt have any health issue's yet other then her thyroid.She'll be 41 next week.

BP is always in the 110/65 range pulse is 55-60.She isnt diabetic,has a total cholesterol of less then 100 without meds.She doesn't smoke and might drink a case of beer and a couple bottles of wine a year.

Her weight loss and effort have done wonders in improving our relationship.The last 3-4 months have been extremely challenging for us and this is a HUGE step in the right direction.
I'm pumped about it.

A buffed hard body like you losing over 2 lbs a week wouldn't be good.I think the first 40 lbs or so will come off quick then it's gong to get more challenging.We eat the same stuff,I just eat 3 times as much as she does.She is getting 2000-2200 calories a day and hasn't complained once about being hungry.

This may be suprising but she doesnt have any health issue's yet other then her thyroid.She'll be 41 next week.

BP is always in the 110/65 range pulse is 55-60.She isnt diabetic,has a total cholesterol of less then 100 without meds.She doesn't smoke and might drink a case of beer and a couple bottles of wine a year.

Her weight loss and effort have done wonders in improving our relationship.The last 3-4 months have been extremely challenging for us and this is a HUGE step in the right direction.
I'm pumped about it.

good suggestions, i may try too

One point of contention was a 300 lb female nurse ripped my ass because she thought that my wife weight lose over the last 3 months was excessive. QUOTE]

And thats why she is a 300lb nurse.

congrates bro. take that little lady out for a good time.

One point of contention was a 300 lb female nurse ripped my ass because she thought that my wife weight lose over the last 3 months was excessive. QUOTE]

And thats why she is a 300lb nurse.

congrates bro. take that little lady out for a good time.
I had to be nice to the nurse due to the situation.My initial thought was if I wanted advice on how to weigh 3 bills with 60% BF you'd be the person to ask.:hahano:

We've cleaned up her diet even more and document what she eats daily.She is beginning to grasp the concept of if you dont put excess calories in you dont have to burn them off later.

I just gave her 500 bucks this morning to buy some new clothes.I hope I have to do that several more times in the future.

that will make her feel good, give her an extra little push.
Good Man. she must know you love her.

Good Man. she must know you love her.
I have for 23 yrs.I'm giving her all the help I can because she is putting forth good effort.I'm the type of person that will move mountains to help a person that tries to help themselves.I wont lift a finger to help someone that wont help themselves.I'm the same way with my employees and children.I always tell them "Show me some effort and we"ll talk" when they want something.

I just love people that bust ass and try hard at everything they do.

I haven't told her this but I think she realizes this is her LAST shot at getting a handle on her weight with me.If she quits or blows up again I'm filing for divorce and moving on.Our kids are out of the house so I wouldnt be nuking the family like before.I married a 140 lb woman not a 225 pounder.I dont expect a 41 yr old to look like she did at 18 but she can still look good for her age.I'm just not attracted to big women,I can't help it.There is a difference between love and attraction.

I hope she follows through with the plan because I prefer to grow old with her.If we divorce she will be absolutely devastated and will likely blow up to 300 lbs if that happens.

Last edited:
I have for 23 yrs.I'm giving her all the help I can because she is putting forth good effort.I'm the type of person that will move mountains to help a person that tries to help themselves.I wont lift a finger to help someone that wont help themselves.I'm the same way with my employees and children.I always tell them "Show me some effort and we"ll talk" when they want something.

I just love people that bust ass and try hard at everything they do.

I haven't told her this but I think she realizes this is her LAST shot at getting a handle on her weight with me.If she quits or blows up again I'm filing for divorce and moving on.Our kids are out of the house so I wouldnt be nuking the family like before.I married a 140 lb woman not a 225 pounder.I dont expect a 41 yr old to look like she did at 18 but she can still look good for her age.I'm just not attracted to big women,I can't help it.There is a difference between love and attraction.

I hope she follows through with the plan because I prefer to grow old with her.If we divorce she will be absolutely devastated and will likely blow up to 300 lbs if that happens.

You clearly don't love her. There is more to love than just a "physical attraction".

Oh my God CWood....how awful.

A relationship....1/3 mental attraction, 1/3 physical attraction, 1/3 emotional.

Or for some people 1/4 mental, 1/4 physical, 1/4 emotional and 1/4 spiritual.

Either way it seems you have put 100% onto the physical unfortunately.

You need to be up front with your wife about how you will divorce her if she doesn't lose weight. She deserves to know what kind of man you are, if she doesn't realize it already.

You've been with her for years, and you still haven't developed a connection that goes deeper than the physical? So sad.

Weight can be lost. Mental and physical attributes are harder to change.

I like the "I married a 140 pounder....not a 225 pounder. Interesting logic. You also married a 20 something.....not a 40 something. Better get rid of her....she's aged!!!

I hope she's never dyed her hair either! Or tried new clothing styles! Or changed her taste in foods, movies, music! Because THAT'S NOT WHAT YOU MARRIED GODDAMIT!

Okay everybody let me fill you in on something.My wife has dogged the fuck out of me for years.She used our kids to manipulate me in huge ways.I wont go into the 100k she stole from me to feed her gambling addiction.Her entire family covered for her,boy that makes it difficult at the family reunions.Cutting me off from sex in March because I reduced her monthly allowance from 2k a month to 1200 when my multi million dollar business fell apart over the Winter.That is her pocket change,she hasnt worked outside the home or paid a bill since 1995.She lived the lifestyle of a wife who's husband had a income between $300,000 to $420,000 a yr for about 12 yrs running.

The physical attraction aspect is only part of the problem.The biggest problem we have is she does everything she can to stay distant from me.I hate short hair on women so she goes out and gets a bull dyke haircut.I dont like excessive ink on women so she goes out at 38 and gets 5 HUGE tats.I'm not into big women so she gains 30 lbs to make a point I guess.I like to hug,kiss and cuddle,she says leave me alone and has always been like that.All the women in her family are cold toward their men or have been divorced mutiple times.Well I have something called pride and when my 200+lb wife blows me off I take steps to not get blown off anymore.

Maybe I'm just running my mouth and venting a little.We've had stress in our life like never before right now.A short list in the last 60 days.

I had to put my German Shepherd to sleep due to cancerous tumors after 9 yrs of companionship.I've had dogs my entire life and he was my favorite.Breeder is family and told me if I drive to UP of Michigan he'll give me a $800.00 puppy for free.

Two of my bearded dragons died.

Oldest son and his GF moved out to take care of grandparents,we miss them dearly.

A business I slaved to start has collapsed after 17 yrs,were not broke but the days of living large are over for now.

My father has had recurring heart problems and will likely go under the knife again shortly.

Stepmother had 2 stents put in 6 weeks ago after a heart attack.

Mother compound fractured her wrist getting out of a pickup truck.Slipped on wet running board and fell.

Wife has been hospitalized 4 times in last 2 weeks due to ulcers and stress related issue's.

This is the biggest problem right now.My 18 yr old son,his gf and their 5 month old daughter moved out last week.We've had the baby with us since birth and now we're going to be lucky to see her once a week.I rocked her to sleep,fed her and changed diapers at 3AM with a smile.We feel the double whammy because our baby, all 230 pounds of him moved and took his daugther with him of course.We feel like she was OUR baby after having her so long.He has also been my training partner for 5 yrs now he lives 50 miles away.I feel lost at the gym without him.........I have IPA pro's I can train with but I prefer his company.

MM thank you for pointing out my stupid thinking.I wish you could reach through my monitor and slap me upside the head for being an idiot.

She has agreed to the following

A more feminine hairstyle.

Losing weight and she is doing that.

This is HUGE,no more blowing me off physically or emotionally.Just because she is pissed about whatever she wont cut me off anymore.I told her point blank if you do that to me again you may as well tell me to bang someone else.

My checklist

Sell my race car to collect some cash and calm her fears of me drag racing at 215 mph.It's a expensive hobby we cant afford anymore and every time I strapped in it scared her till I was stopped and out of the car.

This is hard to type but I'll seek treatment for depression if this cloud doesnt lift.A guy I just met about 3 weeks ago mentioned it when going over some things related to my health and life.

I really think that your wife's weight is the least of your problems or concern at this point.
If you're not able to make your marriage work based on the type of people you are as individuals and what you can bring together as a couple....then perhaps it's not meant to be.
Perhaps counseling for both of you will have you guys will help you resolve any personal issue that you have.

CWood.....perhaps you should have told us the WHOLE STORY before making yourself come across as a shallow idiot.

What the fuck did you expect people would think with your original "My wife is fat and if she doesn't lose weight I'm booting her to the curb

to give the guy a break i read that and knew that there had to be something more. i didn't make a comment on it due to that.
i've seen and had my own problems and can tell when someone is also. i never had them to that extent.
but C Wood with all the loses you have been put through the lose of that wife of yours will hurt the most. not the money the cars the life style. they hurt but i to struggle with that i used to drag race and have a great life. but got divorced and now pay out the ass to take care of my kids. i've been rebuilding for the last 5 years but it has been a lonly road. good luck bro. i hope all works out for you.

I really think that your wife's weight is the least of your problems or concern at this point.
If you're not able to make your marriage work based on the type of people you are as individuals and what you can bring together as a couple....then perhaps it's not meant to be.
Perhaps counseling for both of you will have you guys will help you resolve any personal issue that you have.
Thanks for solid advice without childish name calling.I want my wife to be healthy.Her entire family is full of morbidly obese women with constant joint pain,surgeries and all the obesity related issues that come with weighing 300-400 lbs.I never told her I was going to leave her either.I don't want to scare her into weight loss with a threat of divorce.I will state very clearly that obese people that dont address their addiction disgust me.If that makes me shallow then oh well I guess I'm a shallow 250 lb guy with 15%BF.

The long and short story is we're not getting divorced.We're getting used to our new life,6 months ago we had a home with six people and a dog,now it's just us.

I think our biggest problem is we're simply bummed out because of all the changes.And the biggest one is our 15 lb bundle of sweetness granddaughter isnt living with us anymore.I wish she was here to wake me up at 3AM for a bottle.It is way to quiet around here now............

CWood.....perhaps you should have told us the WHOLE STORY before making yourself come across as a shallow idiot.

What the fuck did you expect people would think with your original "My wife is fat and if she doesn't lose weight I'm booting her to the curb

I'm a self made idiot that has done 38 million dollars worth of business in the last 15 yrs.I'm cool with it.

to give the guy a break i read that and knew that there had to be something more. i didn't make a comment on it due to that.
i've seen and had my own problems and can tell when someone is also. i never had them to that extent.
but C Wood with all the loses you have been put through the lose of that wife of yours will hurt the most. not the money the cars the life style. they hurt but i to struggle with that i used to drag race and have a great life. but got divorced and now pay out the ass to take care of my kids. i've been rebuilding for the last 5 years but it has been a lonly road. good luck bro. i hope all works out for you.
Thanks for the support brotha.I just got bitched out when I put up the bad post a couple days ago.I'm not getting divorced but if I did our situations are way different.No custody or child support battles the boys are 21 and 18. Money is not something I'm fixated with it's just a vehicle to get what I want.I like the security it brings more then anything.

My wife is great now and I cant imagine waking up in the morning without her next to me.I may have ran my hole out of frustration but there is no way I could devastate my girl like that.She would probably be suicidal if the only BF/Husband she has ever had walked on her.My boys and DIL's would hate me also and I cant handle that.I dont think I could look them in the eye if I did their mother dirty.

Our biggest problem wasn't her weight it was the witholding sex and excessive spending that I couldn't handle.She has pointed out to me that she was 140 lbs and didn't have stretch marks till she birthed our 2 boys.She said it ruined her body.......

Back