Weird filter clogging problems HELP!!

tank8140

Hi guys,

In the process of converting some fina pellets. 80mL consisting of 100mg/mL tren, 2% BA, 20% BB, held in EO. I have done plenty of fina conversions in the past but this is the first time i am using EO instead of cottonseed - or another regular old oil.

Anyways the shit wont go through the syringe filter!!! when i push the oil through, it comes out at a very steady pace for only about 2 seconds and then almost cloggs completly (id say 95%) and stops. Ive gone through about 9 .45um filters by now (tried both whatman and millex). This is honestly the weirdest thing i have ever seen. First thing i thought was that the hormone was falling out of solution, however shortly after the filters started clogging up i added another 5mL BB and 2mL BA, so i couldnt see that being the case here.

What color is the tren itself? What color are the binders and fillers? From what i see, the stuff the filter is picking up is white. The entire solution itself looks like it always does before filtering - a cloudy dark brown.

by the way:
Yes, ive heated the solution before filtering.
Yes, ive coffee filtered it...three times, including one time with 4 coffee filters at once.

SOMEBODY HELP PLEASE!

dude I'm stumped too. Do you think it has anything to do with using EO. I've never worked with EO before so I'm not sure of it's consistency. Every time thats ever happened to me I've just heated it. The last time I heated it and drew it immediately upon removal from the heat source. How big is the pin on the other end of the filter?

david_diesel said:
dude I'm stumped too. Do you think it has anything to do with using EO. I've never worked with EO before so I'm not sure of it's consistency. Every time thats ever happened to me I've just heated it. The last time I heated it and drew it immediately upon removal from the heat source. How big is the pin on the other end of the filter?

yeah the pin is an 18 gauge, plenty big enough. ive tried it with even out the pin for the hell of it.

I guess technically the only thing it could be is the EO... that is the only difference seperating my previous fina conversions with this one. But what i dont get is EO is much much thinner then regular oil.. so technically it should be going through easier. i tried filtering some test prop i made with EO with it, and the filter did clog but not nearly as fast as it does with the fina. Ive tried a new filter with EO straight out of the jar (plain oil- no drug dissolved in it) and that goes through fine.

it really seems like the reason all these filters are clogging up is that there is just too much shit in my fina... however that doesnt make sense either because the solution looks exactly the same as all of my old fina conversions.

gone through about 20 millipore syringe filters by now.... good thing i bought a box of 250..... bad thing that i chose millipore! these things suck ass!! whatman are way better.

tank8140 said:
yeah the pin is an 18 gauge, plenty big enough. ive tried it with even out the pin for the hell of it.

I guess technically the only thing it could be is the EO... that is the only difference seperating my previous fina conversions with this one. But what i dont get is EO is much much thinner then regular oil.. so technically it should be going through easier. i tried filtering some test prop i made with EO with it, and the filter did clog but not nearly as fast as it does with the fina. Ive tried a new filter with EO straight out of the jar (plain oil- no drug dissolved in it) and that goes through fine.

it really seems like the reason all these filters are clogging up is that there is just too much shit in my fina... however that doesnt make sense either because the solution looks exactly the same as all of my old fina conversions.

gone through about 20 millipore syringe filters by now.... good thing i bought a box of 250..... bad thing that i chose millipore! these things suck ass!! whatman are way better.

I've been using the millipores too and can vouch that they clog fairly easy. I never used a Whatman so I can't say one is better than the other.

If the EO flows fine by itself but clogs when you have it loaded with tren, then perhaps the concentration is too high. Thats the only thing I can think of that would result in it clogging the filter if the carrier flows freely. Maybe 75mg/ml is the way to go.

Here's a thought as well. In regards to the comparison of EO to regular oils....what is the size of the EO molecule in comparison to the normal oil molecule. Does it weigh more (atomicly)? Is it more dense? Maybe that in conjunction with the weight of the tren can account for whats clogging the filter. Although .45 should allow enough room (i'd imagine)

Im sure theres a way to get it into there at the concentartion you want (100mg/ml) but maybe it's just not gonna happen this time. Science isn't always predictable. :rolleyes:

david_diesel said:
I've been using the millipores too and can vouch that they clog fairly easy. I never used a Whatman so I can't say one is better than the other.

If the EO flows fine by itself but clogs when you have it loaded with tren, then perhaps the concentration is too high. Thats the only thing I can think of that would result in it clogging the filter if the carrier flows freely. Maybe 75mg/ml is the way to go.

Here's a thought as well. In regards to the comparison of EO to regular oils....what is the size of the EO molecule in comparison to the normal oil molecule. Does it weigh more (atomicly)? Is it more dense? Maybe that in conjunction with the weight of the tren can account for whats clogging the filter. Although .45 should allow enough room (i'd imagine)

Im sure theres a way to get it into there at the concentartion you want (100mg/ml) but maybe it's just not gonna happen this time. Science isn't always predictable. :rolleyes:

just changed the concentration to 75mg/ml. Hardly any differrence.

At this point i almost just want to know the reason WHY this is happening rather then saving my batch of tren.

Does anybody know if there is a way that i can retreive the tren powder back from this batch? Is there anything that i could i put in the solution to make the powder insoluble, and then coffee filter the entire thing to catch all the powder??? (similar to dumping distilled water in a solution of HEET and synovex-h)

eo.... may be the problem..

You can take a 10ml syringe...

Suck up 2ml of ba.. and squirt it in your beaker

then suck up 20ml of bb.. and squirt that into the same beaker.

then suck up say 5ml of eo.. and when you go to squirt it out, you'll quickly find out you gota squeeze 20 times harder to get it out, and the more eo you try to pass through that syringe, the worse the problem will get till you can't use squeeze it anymore.

I wld suggest using the caulking gun method but you might wind up blowing the filter if it is clogging that bad. As for recovering the hormone i have no clue.

its not the oil or viscosity of it #1 you picked up all the crap from the bottom you should be pulling off the top then filter you fillter is cloged also fitering cant be done by hand fingers , the calk gun method works or rig up somthing that will put pressur on the plonger like a 10lb weight use duck tape and your imagination it will take an hour per 10ml walk away then check up youl be amazed how yhose drops add up

I see two possibilities:

1. There's still filler left in the solution clogging the filter.

2. Your filters have be compromised in some way. If you're filtering while the solution is still very hot the temp combined with the EO may be causing leaks in the filter.

Back