Went to a new Endo today...not happy.

superp

I swear, finding up-to-date and open minded Endos are tough.

This one is an overweight, non-bathing female who was condescending, curt, and argumentative.

She questioned who would have put me on 140mg a week (split dosing) with self injects. She thought it was weird. Which I have been doing for 2 years with no problems.

She absolutely disagreed with my Arimidex script and discontinued it. I was taking .5 x2 a week. She claimed that is it making my bones brittle.

She absolutely disagreed with HCG administration. she told me if I was concerned with atrophy, go get implants.

She disagreed that E2 has been a problem and claimed to never have seen an E2 problem. All problems with TRT are strictly related to Test. As we know, problems are actually related to the E2 and estradiol.

I like to engage in a conversation and see what she knows, but she was talking in absolutes, which is irritating.

What do you think, request a different physician? I am thinking so.

lol welcome to the club brother my endo said to me Arimidex is for females and hcg is a waste of time he did however wrote me a script of test c 200mg every 14 days, come on now 14 days is way to long

Walk...

"Get implants"???
What about backfiling the process for a shut down HPTA?
I take it spermatogenesis is not important for her male patients?

Lol. I think I am with you guys.

She tried to explain to me that the Test is making me sterile anyways. I told her it didn't matter, I am snipped. She said "no you don't understand, the medication is stopping your sperm production". I just stared at her like wtf did I just say?!

She tried to explain to me that the Test is making me sterile anyways. I told her it didn't matter, I am snipped. She said "no you don't understand, the medication is stopping your sperm production". I just stared at her like wtf did I just say?!

If she's non bathing....
thats enough to walk

You're the boss. Fire that incompetent excuse for a physician and find a doctor that has a clue. I've lost count on how many doctors I have seen and rejected before I gave up and settled on my current script monkey that does a blood test once a year.

I take care of my estradiol/hcg/thyroid/adrenals on my own and probably have saved myself money as well as heartache in doing so. I am truly envious of those that have excellent doctors, for sure.

I swear, finding up-to-date and open minded Endos are tough.

This one is an overweight, non-bathing female who was condescending, curt, and argumentative.

She questioned who would have put me on 140mg a week (split dosing) with self injects. She thought it was weird. Which I have been doing for 2 years with no problems.

She absolutely disagreed with my Arimidex script and discontinued it. I was taking .5 x2 a week. She claimed that is it making my bones brittle.

She absolutely disagreed with HCG administration. she told me if I was concerned with atrophy, go get implants.

She disagreed that E2 has been a problem and claimed to never have seen an E2 problem. All problems with TRT are strictly related to Test. As we know, problems are actually related to the E2 and estradiol.

I like to engage in a conversation and see what she knows, but she was talking in absolutes, which is irritating.

What do you think, request a different physician? I am thinking so.

You can continue the process to go to doctor after doctor, after doctor to find one that is reasonable and knowledgeable about TRT, or you can find a TRT doc specifically. You will pay some out of pocket, but its' mostly out front. My doc cost me 700 up front for a full blood panel that covered all hormones, electrolytes, liver, kidney's, etc. etc.

He allows me to self inject. My scripts run through my insurance, all my blood work is billed through my insurance. I can email him with quick questions. There is a monthly membership fee of $50, but in the end it's worth it to me right now to have a script, and to not deal with people who don't know anything about TRT. I started on that route, and got tired of it really quick.

I looked at the script she sent me home with. Get this. "Inject 1cc (200mg) every three days." That's just over 400mg a week! And yet she was so smug.

wtfman.

So, I decided to call the Hospital Chief medical Officer. We will see if he calls me back. Unfortunately, this is the only hospital I can go to due to my insurance (govt) but they have other Endos.

You might have to do what half wit and others do. Hcg, AI yourself, i would run from that bitch though. I hate people like that. Condescending turds that don't know shit.

I looked at the script she sent me home with. Get this. "Inject 1cc (200mg) every three days." That's just over 400mg a week! And yet she was so smug.

wtfman.

So, I decided to call the Hospital Chief medical Officer. We will see if he calls me back. Unfortunately, this is the only hospital I can go to due to my insurance (govt) but they have other Endos.

LMAO, what a clown. She prescribed you a neverending blast. Might as well keep the script and stockpile gear! You can always get your HCG and AI somewhere else since you have a doctor that is quite loose withe the controlled substances.

You might have to do what half wit and others do. Hcg, AI yourself, i would run from that bitch though. I hate people like that. Condescending turds that don't know shit.

That implant comment was totally insulting etc...
a problem that is easily avoidable and she proposes such a intrusive bold procedure. ..
what b.s.

She is incompetent. It appears that she only knows the basics of her field and only the typical female problems. She doesn't know anything about practical applications cause and effect. Test goes up, estrogen follows suit.

From what you say, She has terrible bedside manner and you'll never get along....

thanks the input guys. I got the Chief of Patient Relations on the phone and discussed everything with him. he was actually pretty appalled as well. He contacted the Sr supervisor for Endo to get me in with their highest rated male Dr asap. It usually takes 4 months for an appt. We will see how it goes.
It may pay off to be the squeaky wheel. She certainly has no business treating men.

thanks the input guys. I got the Chief of Patient Relations on the phone and discussed everything with him. he was actually pretty appalled as well. He contacted the Sr supervisor for Endo to get me in with their highest rated male Dr asap. It usually takes 4 months for an appt. We will see how it goes.
It may pay off to be the squeaky wheel. She certainly has no business treating men.

^^^ now that's outstanding news. Good for you bud. Keep on plugging. :)

LMAO, what a clown. She prescribed you a neverending blast. Might as well keep the script and stockpile gear! You can always get your HCG and AI somewhere else since you have a doctor that is quite loose withe the controlled substances.

I have seen this mentioned before. I know the forum rules and I'm NOT asking for a source. When you guys talk about getting HCG "on your own", what exactly do you mean. I get mine prescribed and its a lot of money from the pharmacy. (My insurance will not cover it).

If there is another option, can someone please fill me in? Thank you in advance...

I have seen this mentioned before. I know the forum rules and I'm NOT asking for a source. When you guys talk about getting HCG "on your own", what exactly do you mean. I get mine prescribed and its a lot of money from the pharmacy. (My insurance will not cover it).

If there is another option, can someone please fill me in? Thank you in advance...

It means they buy it from other sources. UGL's for example.

I got my Test results in today from the wacky Endo.
TESTOSTERONE TOTAL 240 - 950 ng/dL = 697
TESTOSTERONE BIOAVAILABLE 61 - 213 ng/dL = 537
Her statement "Your bioavailable testosterone was over twice normal and that means that you are on too much testosterone. You need to decrease your dose to once a week." I am on 140mg a week. split doses.

Now I thought the bioavailable is known to be innacurate and influenced by other things, I don't know, but here with go with the "absolutes" again. Bioavailable can be caused by a number of things. Why won't she look in to that? What kind of test range are they using? Labquest has 250-595 as their normal limits, and I would be within them. Regardless, her recommendation is ridiculous. Instead of cut each dose by half, she wants to cut out one of them.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Back