Westside Rules

partial deads done for speed. sort of a sldl but with slightly bent knees and the bar drops only to the knees. big arch ans weight on the heels on descent. push you r ass far back while doing these

pullinbig said:
partial deads done for speed. sort of a sldl but with slightly bent knees and the bar drops only to the knees. big arch ans weight on the heels on descent. push you r ass far back while doing these
Why would you do deads for speed? Is it to help build explosiveness?

ME Bench

Cuff Work
CG wm-ups

Shirt Work
365x4
405x3
495x1
455x1
455x1
almsot touched the 455's..like a jackass i jumped 90# i dont normally do that and i proved soething to myself lol im weaker when i dont warm it up gradually lol

5-brd with doubled minis
225x5
275x3
315x3
335x3
355x3
375x2
the last set was brutal extremely hard to accelerate once you relax on the board

Shrugs
585x8

Biceps
2x12

jcp2 said:
What are you squatting in now? Have you taken a heavy dead yet?

still the pro's
im thinking of suiting up again wed try to get that 700 again

just 550 a long time ago
i actually felt a lot better pulling sumo
i also used the briefs for the pulls just to get a feel for what its like in them il prolly stick with sumo for the meet and work in the briefs as well..i see about a high 5's pull IF im lucky that day..its one lift thats very finicky for me..my set up is just a little off the bar dont wanna budge..im able to recover mistakes better in the squat and bench..practice practice practice

blackbeard said:
still the pro's
im thinking of suiting up again wed try to get that 700 again

just 550 a long time ago
i actually felt a lot better pulling sumo
i also used the briefs for the pulls just to get a feel for what its like in them il prolly stick with sumo for the meet and work in the briefs as well..i see about a high 5's pull IF im lucky that day..its one lift thats very finicky for me..my set up is just a little off the bar dont wanna budge..im able to recover mistakes better in the squat and bench..practice practice practice

can you get down in your viking? One of the gusy i workout with pulls in his metal pro suit.

jcp2 said:
can you get down in your viking? One of the gusy i workout with pulls in his metal pro suit.

i havent really tried
i did put it on when i first got it no briefs straps up and i couldnt get to where a bar would be-i will try it again though

the Pro is supposed to be very good for sumo the problem with the Viking is its so restricting

blackbeard said:
i havent really tried
i did put it on when i first got it no briefs straps up and i couldnt get to where a bar would be-i will try it again though

the Pro is supposed to be very good for sumo the problem with the Viking is its so restricting

I am wondering if velcro would help. Maybe something to ask at the Q/A, Ginny puts velcro on doesn't she?

Back