Westside Rules

bb make sure you get at least one workout with a monolift in full gear before the meet. then youl know how to play your #s. mono's are odd thefirst time or two. esp with foot placement under the bar. you wanna be in the correct position before you pop it up and also if you too far forward or back racking it can be an adventure. too far forawrd the hooks can knock you back. too far back and you may miss the hooks when re-racking. plus you need to know how to pick the proper rack height. the heavier you go the lower tha rack height needs to be. if its too low you waste energey popping it up. too high and the bar hangs on the hooks.

1 or 2 sessions will dial all this in for ya. better to do it before the meet than at the meet. :D

congrats on some nice squats btw.

ME Bench (friday)

not a very good bench day in fact the shirt work was just plain horrible
stopped at 495x1 which didnt touch felt wask as shit

4-brds
seemed stronger dont know why lol
315x6
335x5
355x5
375x5

Lockouts
495x5

DE SQ/DL(sun)

Deloading
speed squats
405x2x5

Sumo Pulls
500x1
wanted to go heavier but had a really bad stiff neck so i left it there
my pull sucks and this close to a meet is not gonna make a difference

CSR
2plx15x3

Ab Pull Downs
3x10

ME SQ/DL

Squat nite again
Box squats with briefs
up to 495x3
Suit on straps down
545x2
Straps up
585x1
675x1 <<<< add wraps
715x1 <<<< add wraps PR
depth was good and speed was really good..ive got an experienced eye watching me and he feels i got a legite shot at 800 especailly with a mono
he said te weights are flying up

Dimel Deads
315x10x3

CSR
3plsx10x2

Ab Pull downs
3x10

i dont thin im gonna get the cahnce to use a mono beforehand
too much going on for me to take up that much time in the day

whatever happens happens so be it
im going for fun anyway not to qualify for anything

guess youll get your chance while warming up. :D

good luck bubba. i think a 1850ish total qualifies you for the seniors next summer in the 275s.

enjoy your first meet. wish i could be there to cheer you on.

pullinbig said:
guess youll get your chance while warming up. :D

good luck bubba. i think a 1850ish total qualifies you for the seniors next summer in the 275s.

enjoy your first meet. wish i could be there to cheer you on.

really??? i didnt think it was that low
anyway im a little steamed right now
i called yest to get all the info for the meet and they tell me the app deadline is today and of course they cant fax or email me an app and whoever it was that answered the phone really had no clue left my name and # for someone to call me back and of course no call back..so i gotta call today and get on their asses
never heard of a dealine so far away for a rather small meet??? :rolleyes:

cut off is normally 2 weeks out or so. they got trophies and stuff to order. there aint an online registration form?

is this the meet?

October 1 APF-AAPF 2nd NYC Coliseum, Middle Village, NY Ted & Stacey 718-326-2496

most local meets will allow you to pay the "day of" but its an additional 10 bucks or so.

and yup the seniors qualifier for the 275s is 1848 (800+500+550 gets you in slick). thats the weight class ill be competing in when i go back to full power. damn that would be sweet if we could both do the seniors next summer in vegas.

pullinbig said:
cut off is normally 2 weeks out or so. they got trophies and stuff to order. there aint an online registration form?

is this the meet?

October 1 APF-AAPF 2nd NYC Coliseum, Middle Village, NY Ted & Stacey 718-326-2496

most local meets will allow you to pay the "day of" but its an additional 10 bucks or so.

and yup the seniors qualifier for the 275s is 1848 (800+500+550 gets you in slick). thats the weight class ill be competing in when i go back to full power. damn that would be sweet if we could both do the seniors next summer in vegas.

whats trophies have to do with anything?? LOL
yes thats the meet and the only info i have
online Apps make life very easy i dont understand why they cant fax the friggin thing to me or hell jsut give me a call back LOL

those numbers i think are very doable its jsut a matter of bringing everything together that day
id love to go to Vegas hang with ya!!!!!!!!

ME Bench

Uggh not a good nite
felt something go in my shoulder but it feels alright..defnitely a rotator
anyway heres what i did

Cuff Work
CG wm-up
Shirt Work
365x3
405x2
455x1
475x1
nothing really exciting there

5-brds
315x5
335x3
365x3
405x3

Lockouts
545x3

more cuff work and stretching and it felt better..hae complete range of motion but have a little soreness/pain hope its nothing serious :rolleyes:

some guys only compete for the trophies. =0l guess you not one. lolololol

yup if we can do the seniors together that would be sweet.

hope the shoulder is OK.

I will call you when i here something official, but i talked to Bernor today, and their may be a small meet at II in November to use for a qualifier for nationals.

pullinbig said:
some guys only compete for the trophies. =0l guess you not one. lolololol

yup if we can do the seniors together that would be sweet.

hope the shoulder is OK.
Im in it for teh fame and money :druggie:
its feeling ok ytoday and the fact that i was able to do things yesterday without too much trouble is a good sign

jcp2 said:
I will call you when i here something official, but i talked to Bernor today, and their may be a small meet at II in November to use for a qualifier for nationals.

cool..i just wanna do a meet and get my pee pee wet
if things turn out and i do well thats great but if not at least it gives me something to work on for te next one

I called 3 times yest for these NYC people and still cant get through :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DE SQ/DL
deloaded
speed squats
365x2x6

GM'S
225x8x3

Ab pull downs
3x12
thats about it..training is winding down for this meet not going to get any stronger now but i can sure as hell get weaker by doing too much..feeling pretty good shoulder is banged up but i think ill be alright..my squat feels great, as long as i stay tucked on the bench my shoulder will hold up, just looking to have some fun and let the chips fall where they may

blackbeard said:
cool..i just wanna do a meet and get my pee pee wet
if things turn out and i do well thats great but if not at least it gives me something to work on for te next one

I called 3 times yest for these NYC people and still cant get through :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

well if all else fails looks like we'll have a apf meet 1/28/06 in clayton. it will be a loud, raunchy affair with lots of big names and #s.

pullinbig said:
well if all else fails looks like we'll have a apf meet 1/28/06 in clayton. it will be a loud, raunchy affair with lots of big names and #s.
i got in touch Oct 1 is on
but hell ill keep that date in mind

Back