Westside Rules

pullinbig said:
the reason i ask is cause its easier to cover up a weakness with sumos. if you weak at lockout you can setup deeper to be more upright and utelise more leg drive. if you weak outta th e hole you can set up higher and have a shorter pull leg wise. its not as easy to adjust using conv pulls. plus its a lot easier to get down pulling sumo in gear. brett switched over and hit a 10lb pr his first time (650, 181er)

anyway my 2ml. =0)

i hear ya..thnks bubba

i am stronger pulling conv..i think i need to toy around wit the suit more and perfect my set up and then the weights will move..its just a matter of geting about 2 inches lower to set my second hand

im sure i will from time to time pull both sumo and conv

DE Bench

Speed Bench
180+2sets of chain
8x3reps

Lockouts
495x5
515x5

Side Raises
20's,25's,30'sx12

BB Rows
275x8x3sets
I have to say my speed is getting much better in fact i really cant remember it being this good since ive started training WSB..Hopefully itll allow me to bench 600.. :)

ME SQ/DL

SS Bar GM's wide stance
405x3 <<<< PR
295x5 no belt

SLDL
305x5x3sets

Pull-thru
150+ Green
3x10

DB Rows
120x10x2

Ab Pull Downs
100x10
110x10

jcp2 said:
you so strong, how you like that SS bar.
:insane2:
i know youve fucked around with it
doing goodmornings it really keeps you "honest" the weight is so far out in front of you compared to the str8 bar

havent tried squatting with it yet..rpolly do that next week or the weeek after

blackbeard said:
:insane2:
i know youve fucked around with it
doing goodmornings it really keeps you "honest" the weight is so far out in front of you compared to the str8 bar

havent tried squatting with it yet..rpolly do that next week or the weeek after

GMs are fun, i don't get the ham glute recruitment though with it, you almost hit that upper portion of the lower back if you know what i mean.

thanx for the advice in traing forum.i got to get my bottom end up.it really seems like my back is taking over and i'm not getting enough leg into the motion.i know if i can get it together i can start to move some more #'s.

pretty ricky said:
thanx for the advice in traing forum.i got to get my bottom end up.it really seems like my back is taking over and i'm not getting enough leg into the motion.i know if i can get it together i can start to move some more #'s.

no problem
jsut give the block pulls a chance to work and im sure youll see some very good results

ME Bench

CG Wm-up

Shirt Work
370x3
410x3
470x2
500x1
530x1

6-Brds
410x3
460x3
480x3 <<< PR

5-Brds
410x3
480x1 needed a lil tap

CSR
4plx10x2

some bicep work

Didn't no your arms were long enough, and stomack small enough to do a 6 baord,lol.

jcp2 said:
Didn't no your arms were long enough, and stomack small enough to do a 6 baord,lol.

they arent LOL
i jst push up into the board the bar enver comes off the board :insane2:
j/k

actually i never did them for that reason but honestly i do get a pretty decent ROM

blackbeard said:
they arent LOL
i jst push up into the board the bar enver comes off the board :insane2:
j/k

actually i never did them for that reason but honestly i do get a pretty decent ROM

Ron used a box the other day, we measured it as an 8.5 board. And they were more than his lockouts, lol.

DE SQ/DL

Strength Speed Phase III
185+ Blues+ Greens
3x2reps
225+BLue + Green
1x1
275+Blue/Green
1x1
315+Blue/Green
1x1
335+Blue/Green
1x1
roughly 650 on the bottom and over 750 at the top on that last set

Speed Pulls
2" Block
335x8x1rep

Lat Pulls
3x10

Decline Sits
3x10
im really happy with my squat these days..I may even treat myself ot the new Metal squatter :)

blackbeard said:
DE SQ/DL

Strength Speed Phase III
185+ Blues+ Greens
3x2reps
225+BLue + Green
1x1
275+Blue/Green
1x1
315+Blue/Green
1x1
335+Blue/Green
1x1
roughly 650 on the bottom and over 750 at the top on that last set

Speed Pulls
2" Block
335x8x1rep

Lat Pulls
3x10

Decline Sits
3x10
im really happy with my squat these days..I may even treat myself ot the new Metal squatter :)

perhaps one day youll be really happy with your dead.

no i didnt just say that. :D

blackbeard said:
fcuker
somehow i dont think ill ever be..but im still gonna work it hard
:)

if i can pull at my old age i know you can get it. sooner or later youll find whats gonna work for you and itll start moving faster.

i was stuck for 2 or more years. fianlly travis straightened me out from wise on conv pulls. then i switched to sumo and kept it going. i think i finally got the hook grip working as well. i pulled 185 + #4 dbld using it the other day. thats well over 7 if not close to 8 at lockout. its a big plus pulling dbl overhand.

things that have helped me as of late, ghr, reverse hypers, back atack, 45° <snicker> hypers against heavy band tension, back attack, these damn band deads against heavy tension and hitting PC 2xw. plus pulling heavy singles off the floor at least 2/month.

i have been focussing on my dead primarily for several months now. everything else is planned around that.

ok thas enough. im boring myself now. :D

send me a clip bubba.

maybe by the time i am ur AGE ill have figured soem things out LOL
j/k

its funny ive yet to use a GHR or a real RH and yet my lifts are moving..I am trying to figure some stuff out and try to get some of that equipment cause like you said THAT is what works..

i plan on adding pulls against the bands and such so im hoping thatll gimme a boost in my DL

heavy tension light bar weight. brutal top end work.

oh and btw what im doing is working for kyle and brett too. :D

wheres that clip?

Back