What did your daily workout routine last week consist of?

nekrawulf

I got really bored and wrote a new training split last weekend......Here is what i did this week. What did you do?

Training split 5x5

Day 1: Chest
5x5: Bench Press
2/8-10 Incline db press
2/8-10 Cable Crossover
2/8-10 Weighted Chest dips
4/50 Abs

Day 2: Bicep
5x5 Standing Curl
2/8-10 Spider Curls
2/8-10 Isolated Curls
4/8-10 Forearm

Day 3: Legs
5x5 Squat
2/8-10 Leg Press
2/8-10 Leg Extensions
2/8-10 Leg Curls
1/75 Calf Burnout

Day 4: Delt
5x5 Military Press
2/8-10 Upright Row
2/8-10 Rear Lateral Raise
4/8-10 Shrugs
3/8-10 Neck

Day 5: Tri
5x5 Close Grip Bench
2/8-10 Skull-crushers
2/8-10 Isolated Tri
4/50 Abs

Day 6: Back
5x5: Bent BB Row
2/8-10 Cable Pulls
2/8-10 Kneeling DB Row
2/8-10 High Rows
1/75 Calf Burnout

Day1: Chest, bis, calves

Flat bench 5x3-5
1x3 decline (very heavy set, lots of warm ups)
Incline Dumbbell Press 1x3 (again, one work set, lots of warmups)
Preacher curl 4x5
Hammer Curl 3x10
Smith Machine Calf Raise: 4x10

Day2: Back, tri

Deads 4x3-5
Skullcrushers 4x5
Shrugs 4 sets, reps go 10, 8, 6, 4
Tate Press 3x10
2 Sets chins + 1 set lat-pulldown
t-bar Rows 4x8

Day3: Shoulders

Military 4x5
Bent over laterals: 3x10
Front lateral barbell: 4x8
Military dumbbell 2x3-5

Day 4: Legs, calves, abs

Squat 5x3-5
Seated calf raise: 4x15
SLDL 5x3-5
Decline static cruches 5x3-5
Leg Press OR front squat 4x10

4 Day Rotation.

1) Chest + Tri's

-3x8 DB Flat Press
-3x8 DB Incline Press
-3x8 Machine Fly

-2x8 Skull Crushers
-2x8 Overhead Tri Extensions
-2x8 Tricep Pulldowns

Wind down w Cable Crossovers

2) Legs + Bi's

-3x8 Plate Loaded Leg Press
-3x8 Leg Extension
-3x8 Leg Curl

-2x8 Preacher Db Curl
-2x8 Hammer Curl
-2x8 Double Cable Curl

Wind down w Calf Raises (1, 1 2, 1 2 3, etc to 12)
Also include Abductors

4) Shoulders + Tri's

-3x8 Overhead DB Press
-3x8 Front Raises
-3x8 Side Raises

-2x8 Skull Crushers
-2x8 Overhead Tri Extensions
-2x8 Tricep Pulldowns

Wind down with shrugs

4) Back + Bi's

-3x10 Pull Ups
-3x8 Seated Rows Close Grip
-3x8 Lat Pulldowns
-2x8 T-Bar Rows

-2x8 Preacher Db Curl
-2x8 Hammer Curl
-2x8 Double Cable Curl

Wind down w Forward Dips with a plate
-----------------------------

I alternate Bi, Tri's every other day. Arms recuperate the fastest since you use them all the time.

When doing chest, tri's are also used, hence a given tri day.

On leg day, tri's rest, so do bi's.

On shoulder day, tri's are automatically incorporated simply by the motions of working shoulders, so here's tri day agin while bi's rest.

On back day, tri's rest and bi's are automatically included with the pulling motion for your back routine.

I have found this the only logical way of doing things. Arms are too easily recuperated to have a single day to themselves. Also, I see some people doing bi's on chest day or on shoulder day, when actually they would be working tris inadvertantly also. It doesnt make sense to me and will fatigue your muscles.

Last edited:
Day 1
Chest
Flat bench---12, 10, 6, 4
Incline bench--12, 10, 6, 6
Decline bench--10, 8, 6, 6
Incline DB presses superset with cable crossovers--10;10, 8;10, 6;10
Calves
Doggcrapp Method
Day 2
Legs
Squats--12, 10, 8, 6, 6
Leg Extensions--12, 12, 10, 8
Hack Squats--10, 8, 6, 6
SLDL's--12, 10, 10, 8
Lying Leg Culs--12, 10, 8, 6
Day 3
Shoulders
DB Presses--12, 10, 8, 6
DB Lateral Raises--12, 10, 10 and hold for as long as possible on last rep
Bent Over Raises--10, 10, 10
Upright Rows--10, 8, 6
Triceps
Close Grip Bench--12, 10, 8, 6
Pushdowns--10, 8, 6
Dips--3XBW
Day 4
Back
Pullups(widegrip)--3XBW
Barbell Rows--12, 10, 8, 6
Lat Pulldowns--10, 8, 8, 6
Pullovers--8, 8, 6
Biceps
Barbell Curls against wall--3X8
Preacher curls--3X6
Preacher bar curls with pronated grip (brachialis)--3X8
Calves
Doggcrapp method
I also incorporate Cardio 2-3X/wk. At least 20 minutes and sometimes it may be interval or just plain high intensity the whole time. I also make sure to sleep 7-8 hrs and eat lots of food.

Here is how my plan looks

Mon
Incline Dumb 2-3 X 6-8
Dips (chest) 2 X 6-8
Decline Hammer 2-3 X 8-10
Flat dumb fly 2 X 10
Abs
Skull Crushers 2-3 X 8-10
Dips (triceps) 2 X 8-10

Tues
Chins 2 X 10
Dumb or Bar row 2-3 X 8-10
Bar wrist curl 3 X 10
Bar curl 3 x 8-10
Lat pulldowns (biceps) 1 X 10
Reverse EZ bar curl 2 X 8-10
Rear lat dumb raise 2 X 10

Thurs
Side lat 3 X 10
Mil press 3 X 6-8
Up Row 2 x 10
Leg press (calfs) 3 X 12-15
Seated calf raise 3 X 8-10
Bar shrug 3 X 12-15

Sat
Leg press 3 X 10
Leg ext 2 X 10
Hyper extension 3 X 10
Revers hyper extension 3 X 10
Leg curl 3 X 10

No squats or deadlifts cause my back is still screwed up.

Last edited:
I am only 225lbs at 6'1" with 11% bodyfat. Regardless of what people think, my body responds best to higher volumes. Also, the first two sets of my main lifts are usually light weight and the last two sets are working sets.

Last edited:
dude said:
I am only 225lbs at 6'1" with 11% bodyfat. Regardless of what people think, my body responds best to higher volumes. Also, the first two sets of my main lifts are usually light weight and the last two sets are working sets.

me and doggy have talked quite a bit over the last couple of years. the biggest problem with your routine is the 2 days between chest and shoulders and 2 days between back and legs. unless you are taking a day off between day 2 and day 3 you will overtrain sooner or later. doggy also promotes 1 set to all out failure or rest pause. I dont see this in your routine. unless you are just talking about calves. i dont count my warm up sets as worksets. have you tried less volume with heavier weights and if so how long did you try it? not saying that high volume doesnt work but it is limited to a small % of folks that it is effective for. good luck

Right now I am only using the Doggy method for calves. It is really hard for me to fully work the muscles with only a few sets. I am getting better at using very heavy weight and doing less sets to try and decrease volume. Also, I used to workout Monday, Tuesday, Rest on Wednesday, and resume Thursday and Friday. However, with my current work and school schedule I cannot get to the gym on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Are you a very firm believer in Doggcrap's method?

dude said:
Right now I am only using the Doggy method for calves. It is really hard for me to fully work the muscles with only a few sets. I am getting better at using very heavy weight and doing less sets to try and decrease volume. Also, I used to workout Monday, Tuesday, Rest on Wednesday, and resume Thursday and Friday. However, with my current work and school schedule I cannot get to the gym on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Are you a very firm believer in Doggcrap's method?

his training is very similar to a PLing routine. thats one reason he is so big (300lber and i am over 300 as well). the 1 all out set to failure or rest pause does a lot of damage to the muscle. That is all you want to do. then give it time to rest, feed it and it will grow. if you are limited on days at the gym a 3 day split will do wonders for your schedule and you will have an extra day of rest. if you work chest your shoulders are getting hammerd as well as you tris. then you come back 48 hours later and hit the shoulder again. overtraining is a real probability in this situation. same with back and legs. 72 hours minimum is what i recommend from my experience and seeing others stumble as well. my bench was stagnant for months until i dropped shoulders all together. after that i went from 365 to 575 in a matter of months. I still do a little light shoulders occassionally but include them on chest day along with tris. i hammer my tris on chest day, all with benching movements or variations. yeah doggies routine i sbased on getting stronger which leads to added muscle. i lift for strength and not neccessarly for size but i continue to grow, if you are not getting constantly stronger then you may be overtraining. or if you go into to do shoulders and they are still sore from benching..... well you see the point. good luck. hey if it works for your calves why wont it work for your whole body?

I like what you are saying and it sounds very good. I am getting stronger every week but do realize that gains will slow. I am also wondering if I would get stronger if I actually tried a 3 day per week routine like you suggest. It sounds like just the thing for me. I do like to train heavy like a PL and have always noticed more muscle gains this way. Strength does=size. If you look at the biggest guys in the gym they are most always the strongest. Can you suggest a good 3 day routine that focuses on increasing my squat and deadlift poundages?

monday:
squats 1 or 2 workests of 6 reps. make sure you are just barley getting the last rep or if you have a spot maybe a forced rep.
2 sets of box squats 5 reps
leg presses 1 or 2 sets of 5. forced reps here as well.

tuesday:
flat wide grip bench 2 x 5
medium grip declines 2 x 5
board presses wide grip 2 x 5
dips or cable push downs 2 x 10

thursday:
deads 1 or 2 sets of 5 you can alternate thses every other week with rack pulls
bent over rows 2 sets of 5
high row 2 x 5 or pull downs 2 x 5
wide grip straight bar culrs 2 x 6

all of these should be to failure (assisted) or close. if you get the reps easliy then it is a warm up set and not a work set.

also read my posts on squat depth in the "do deadlifts thicken waste thread". last page there. hell read the whole post if you havent. good stuff in there as well as some off topic stuff.

Thanks for the routine. I'll be starting it next week. With the box squats, am I going down and sitting on the box or am I just touching the box before returning back up again? Also, I have indeed read the "Deadlift" thread and it was very informative.

dude said:
Thanks for the routine. I'll be starting it next week. With the box squats, am I going down and sitting on the box or am I just touching the box before returning back up again? Also, I have indeed read the "Deadlift" thread and it was very informative.

yeah sit down and back completely on the box squats. relax and pause once you sit then lean forward a bit and drive up with your legs keeping knees aprt and wide. use you legs and not your back. these develop good squat form as well as hole shot power. make sure to set the box up 3 inches or so below parrallel. a parrallel squat is when you ar at the bottom and the crease at your hip is even with the top of your knee. or your hip joint is even with your knee joint. keep checking on dead lift thread as i post my workouts there and some other pics wil be coming of me and some of the guys from our gym working out.

Back