What drugs did Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth, and Rogers Hornsby use?

enzo321

What drugs if any do you think the kings of baseball used?

Some of the baseball world records are over 100+ years old, and are still untouched. Find it astonishing even with today's advancements in performance enhancing drug modern athletes can't come close to these men.

Ya, alot of the records are old, but at the same time "the greats" were playing against people that were proportionately not as skilled/not as drugged. At the same time...wouldn't surprise me if at least some of the greats were on something. Muscletech, anyone???? hahahah

Ya, alot of the records are old, but at the same time "the greats" were playing against people that were proportionately not as skilled/not as drugged. At the same time...wouldn't surprise me if at least some of the greats were on something. Muscletech, anyone???? hahahah
Have you seen pictures of Ruth when he played? Dude looked like he was six months pregnant!
Seriously doubt they used anything.

honestly I would not be surprised if certain stimulants where involved... people forget the popularity and easy ability to find hard drugs that were stimulants in that time era. Plus they even sold some of these drugs legally around that time. Some where around that time period I don't know if babe ruth's time was in that period but it was close.

I consider baseball a higher skill or talent sport rather than athletic. Hence why it will be harder to break records in despite athletic performance advancements. Also it is boring as hell.

My great-grandfather played for the Philadelphia Phillies every so often back in the mid to late 20s. Apparently, it didn't take much back then to be a professional baseball player, and they got paid next to nothing. He was really stocky, but from what I've been told the man was shorter than me and I'm 5'8.

Milk, Beer, and healthy as in no processed shit fukin food! Plus back in the day men worked there ass off in there everyday life. No computers... no desk jockys... lazyness got you zero unless you were born into money. Men were men.. simple as that.

Back when Ruth played the pitchers pitched from a flat surface, not a raised mound. The game got to the point where it was becoming to much of a hitters game so the leagued introduced a three foot raised pitchers mound which gave the pitchers a great advantage and the game shifted to a pitchers dominated game. Hitters today are true students of hitting and things have started shifting back again to a hitters dominated game again. I have heard that if Ruth were alive today he would have a hard time getting into the bigs, not skilled enough, not sure if that is true or not.

Baseball historically had an issue with amphetamines and various forms of 'uppers' the guys would take. 162 game season is a grind.

Babe Ruth/Ty Cobb and many other "All-Time" greats didn't play against black players until the end of their careers. If the Negro league players were able to play in MLB from the beginning, a lot of the records would be different.

Babe Ruth/Ty Cobb and many other "All-Time" greats didn't play against black players until the end of their careers. If the Negro league players were able to play in MLB from the beginning, a lot of the records would be different.

Yeah, that's true. Though I think Baseball belongs to Hispanic people more than blacks.

Blacks are only good at basketball and running.

Last edited:
Back