What Is Proper Dart Disposal?

BulletWoods

Chairman of the Bored
What do you guys do to get rid of your old darts? I thought about taking them to my next doc appt and filling their sharps disposal container. Lol. Any other options?

re

here's what i do, got the idea from somebody on one of these forumns. Just use an empty supplement container...remove the outer label, label the container as "biohazard" with marker, and throw it in the trash after its filled. I also make sure all needles have their caps on them inside the container.
I might not reccomend this though if you are a high profile figure or have reason to believe that feds or someone else might go through your trash. Highly unlikely though

If you don't have a sharps container, there is other ways to do it.

What I usually do is first of all, always pit the cap on the needles. Then put the syringe and pins inside the plastic container/pack it came in, then put all that in a ziploc bag then insert it in a water bottle and twist close the top of the water bottle.

Then place the water bottle in a kleenex box or something to cover it up, then throw it in my neighbors trash lol

but hey at least I don't have pins sticking out of the trash bag...

I stick all my ampules, cotton, and syringes ( always capped) in a zip lock, when its full i wrap it some more and dump it in my garbage the day before pick up.

I use 2lb protein bottles and stick pins in them until is it full. When its full I tighten the cap on as tight as I can get it and throw it in the dumbster. Always keep it seperate from my regular trash.

I take a 2 lb protein container put my amps and vials in it with a few rocks...shake the hell out of it until they are annihilated. Take the stoppers and pins; place them on a wire grill rack and burn them until only the needles remain. Collect the brittle needles (which at this point look like any other needle) and wrap them for the trash. Collect the aluminum stoppers and crush them for the trash. Toss the glass in the trash.

Bit then again...I am OCD.

disposal

most hospitals will take them. I like the neighbors trash idea though....lol
tell the hospital you volunteer for neighborhood watch and gathered them up...lol

putting the cap back on until it "clicks" is more than enough lol.
I take the time to wrap the syringes in the packaging followed by toilet paper, then into a bathroom garbage bag which gets tied and put into a big garbage bag.

That or playgrounds.

I give them to a buddy of mine who work in a hospital in a sharps container and done! Hospitals should take them for purposes of people NOT throwing them in the trash...or neighbors trash, if we are going to be doing this we need to be responsible brothers...do the right thing!!!

Go to Walgreens, CVS, or local drug store and buy a sharps container, put them in there, when full take them to the hospital, and tell them the truth. They are yours and you used them and would like to dispose of them properly...is it that hard???

If you don't have a sharps container, there is other ways to do it.

What I usually do is first of all, always pit the cap on the needles. Then put the syringe and pins inside the plastic container/pack it came in, then put all that in a ziploc bag then insert it in a water bottle and twist close the top of the water bottle.

Then place the water bottle in a kleenex box or something to cover it up, then throw it in my neighbors trash lol

but hey at least I don't have pins sticking out of the trash bag...

I do hate my neighbor! ;)

Parks, beaches, elementary school playgrounds have always worked fine for me.

This made me LOL and I had to change screens because a coworker was coming to see what I was laughing at.

here's what i do, got the idea from somebody on one of these forumns. Just use an empty supplement container...remove the outer label, label the container as "biohazard" with marker, and throw it in the trash after its filled. I also make sure all needles have their caps on them inside the container.
I might not reccomend this though if you are a high profile figure or have reason to believe that feds or someone else might go through your trash. Highly unlikely though
Do you consider Brad Pitt high profile???

I give them to a buddy of mine who work in a hospital in a sharps container and done! Hospitals should take them for purposes of people NOT throwing them in the trash...or neighbors trash, if we are going to be doing this we need to be responsible brothers...do the right thing!!!

Go to Walgreens, CVS, or local drug store and buy a sharps container, put them in there, when full take them to the hospital, and tell them the truth. They are yours and you used them and would like to dispose of them properly...is it that hard???

So responsible. Alright alright....I'll buy a sharps container. However my nieghbors trash is miiiiighty tempting. :p

You can get sharps container or use the containers you are currently using and drop them of at a local facility that accept's that type of waste.

I think I am leaning toward my sons doctor appointments. 24 darts is not hard to sneak in and dispose of properly and safely in their sharps container. Almost checkup time anyway.

I think I am leaning toward my sons doctor appointments. 24 darts is not hard to sneak in and dispose of properly and safely in their sharps container. Almost checkup time anyway.

Really bro???
How many cameras do you think the doctors office has, let alone staff and patients at any given time..
Sounds like the worst possible solution. Get a coffee can, or protein tub, even a 2L pop bottle.
Put it in the garbage and avoid getting caught disposing of used needles at your sons doctors appointment.

Back