What Specifically are your Goals

Seriously nice package OMM lol what compounds did you use back then? what a difference frim the first pic!

I'm 26 (well 27 tomorrow).

Current state champion in IFBB under 90kg, my dream is to win nationals. That is prob awhile away, first I need to PLACE in nationals. And although this will give me a pro-card...I couldn't care less as I don't use facebook/instagram/twitter which seems synonymous with what IFBB wants in its spokespersons and winners now-a-days.

I have about 3 more kilos of muscle to put on, where I can safely still make weight for Classic bodybuilding (188 cm - 100 + 8kgs = 96kgs weight in).

Otherwise, my goal is to stay sub 10% year round, enjoy life, be able to run long distances whenever suits (did 14km a month ago in 85 mins) and not lose my breath whilst having sex (trennnnnnnn).

I donate blood every 4 weeks because I love it and try to beat newbies up in their 1st cycle threads because they don't know enough.

Otherwise, I don't let my BBing effect my relationship with my gf (~7 years going strong) as she means the world to me.

I've started training bikini competitors in my spare time as well, trying to pass on the knowledge I've gained.

Seriously nice package OMM lol what compounds did you use back then? what a difference frim the first pic!

First year was Test E only at 500mgs for the first two. Then Dbol add in I think 50mgs ed. ?? then after that it was Test, Dbol and Deca. That's about it until competition days and I would plug in Winstrol Injections. Was getting straight from Vet and lab to me by the box Qty ?? Then some years in Mast.

Oh fvck no AI, ha what is that , ...huh :dunno:
Thanks 49er

I lost almost all my photos, family etc... when the gym when belly up and things got lost in the storage monies I couldn't come up with. Everything when ....:(

Last edited:
36 6'2"

Strength goals are to get back where I was at 26. Repping 315 on bench for 8-10 and hitting 405. I'd like to DL 600 (didn't DL back in the day) I was 250 then

My arms are lagging at just under 18". I'd like 20+

Goal for this winter/spring is to get up to 260 whilst maintaining sub 15% BF. Ultimate goal for pictures to show my kids someday is 250 @ 10%.

Last edited:
Can my goal be a person... like Oldmusclemike? :beertoast

6'2", 54 and some change years old. I never stepped foot in a gym until I had an old back injury (actually multiple injuries) diagnosed as 3 bulged disks at the bottom of my 'stack' and was told exercise and weight loss would help. I was 45yo. I hit the gym hard, like I do with everything in my life. I gained some strength. My back got a little better. But my weight was still a battle and I soon hit plateau. I quit. I restarted. I quit. I dieted. I restarted.

...... then I found a Dr who would eventually diagnose my low T (which I've probably fought for a long long time) and I came here. I came here to learn. To listen. To watch.

And now I can see possibilities. I CAN, at my age, drop this weight. I CAN get strong at my age; look GOOD at my age. IT'S NOT TOO LATE FOR ME! That is because of you all and the info on this site.

I'll never be a powerlifter. I'll never walk a stage. Not a priority for me. (And kudos to you who have that dedication) But what I do want is for folks to see me walk into a room and say, "no way that guy is 55!" Or 60! Or 65! :) I wanna turn heads. I don't have any specific goals because this is all new to me and I don't know what is possible ultimately, but I want to find out!

Additionally, my wife of 32yrs and myself have worked our asses off to be able to retire early and it looks possible now. By 56, Im done with the work life and that is gonna give me time to get EVEN MORE SERIOUS about this new journey!

Great thread btw

Great post n story gruntwerk. Thanks :)

Thanks for the cool thread, and of course I would turn around and fight for my country again at a moments notice, I swore an oath against all enemies foreign and domestic. I will take that oath to the grave under any circumstance just like many of good man have to pave our way.

It's truly amazing to be part of a country that has a military force like we do, we aren't forced to serve anymore... folks just do it out of love for their country. Pretty awesome to think our society is full of so many selfless people willing to give the good fight. A lot of other countries aren't like this.

Gruntwerk.....it's for studs like you that I stand wiyh my hand over my heart for national anthem and the pledge of allegiance. Thank you for your military service, and I appreciate the freedoms that that service has provided.

I'll be 50 next year, and I can't get the thought of competing in bb show out of my mind. My 4 kids are all grown and living their lives and now it's just me and my wife of 29 years. Sometimes I work out of town and that can hamper my training unless I get a place away from home. Then I train when I m not working. I'm 5-09 255lbs around 20 % bf. I look like a powerlifter, just not that strong. 27" legs, 50" chest, 19 + arms, 36" waistline, slightly narrow shoulders. Never ever been chiseled and may have some lingering gyno from puberty as my chest has always had some fat on it. And some love handles that never seem to go away. Lately I've been working hard on bringing my lagging back up to par with everything else and bringing bf down. Running my first hgh ever(5iu/day) along with some test tren and mast.
I may have injured my meniscus a few weeks ago and an mri next week will confirm or not. Tuesday night I tried some cardio and a few light leg presses with no ill effects the next day. I really belive I'm packing enough muscle to do pretty good in a show, but time will tell as the bf comes down. Working on my diet as well, like many have said here is everybody as important as trying and aas

Thanks carverelli, means a lot.

Blows my mind why Americans would sit out the national anthem... I get it's there right to do so and that's whatever, but where's the lack of general respect for the people who gave their life to keep our country the way it is? Gave their lives building schools in Iraq, Afghanistan and delivering food there. Not everything that goes on is all about hunting bad guys, I spent many missions being a security asset for our engineers well we spent millions of dollars building them stuff like bridges or a water plant. Some folks are just naive I suppose because the national anthem is pretty much the only time an average person stops to honor the people who paid the ultimate sacrifice, there is no greater debt paid to society other then ones life. In my unit alone we lost 6 good men in Mosul... that's 6 families crushed, 6 families that want to believe their husband/father/brother died for a righteous cause.

To take a knee... wtf? you can't stand fast for 3-5 minutes and show the slightest respect? Shit burns my ass, would love to throw punch the people doing it too. Better yet, I would like to take them to a firefight in Iraq and see if there perspective changes, how they feel when they lose a brother or a leader, how they feel to be injured or shot versus their little torn muscle from sports, best most of them would seize right up and beg for me to show them the way to safety, yet they wanna sit out the national anthem.

I'm gonna end this rant as even as a combat vet I'm not super duper patriotic, the disrespect just kills me. Thanks again fellas.

Gruntwork you are a true American bad ass and I mean that with great respect, thank you for your service!! I wasn't ever able to serve as my knees were to bad to get into the military but my daughter and son inlaw are both Marines and they've both been to Afganistan. This taking a knee shit really pisses me off, yes it may be their right but it's very disrespectful to the men and women that serve and have served our country. I used to run a lot of professional boxing events and if I ever saw someone wearing their hat or talking during the anthem I would go and have a word with them and I was never nice about it!!

Thanks agian Gruntwork and to all on this board that have served this great country thank you!!

Sorry to get off topic!!

I hear ya brother. This country we live in with all its freedoms is far from perfect and I'm sure the vast majority of oof politicians making the rules are corrupt. But the American dream is very much alive and very attainable fir those willing to do what it takes. Racism still exists, no doubt, bad cops are out there making a bad name for the 95% that are good honest men/women trying to serve and giving their best.
But hey, you know what? Look around at the rest of the world! We still have it pretty damned good. My belief is if you don't like the way things are, get out in the trenches and do what you can to change things, but if all you can do is bitch about it, then feel free to find a better place to live, cuz I don't want to hear your whining no more.

Taking a knee against the country that's given you everything you have and enjoy........blasphemous says I

And you don't want to get me started with all this talk about ' black lives matter' bullshit

Last edited:
Thanks for the cool thread, and of course I would turn around and fight for my country again at a moments notice, I swore an oath against all enemies foreign and domestic. I will take that oath to the grave under any circumstance just like many of good man have to pave our way.

It's truly amazing to be part of a country that has a military force like we do, we aren't forced to serve anymore... folks just do it out of love for their country. Pretty awesome to think our society is full of so many selfless people willing to give the good fight. A lot of other countries aren't like this.

Thanks carverelli, means a lot.

Blows my mind why Americans would sit out the national anthem... I get it's there right to do so and that's whatever, but where's the lack of general respect for the people who gave their life to keep our country the way it is? Gave their lives building schools in Iraq, Afghanistan and delivering food there. Not everything that goes on is all about hunting bad guys, I spent many missions being a security asset for our engineers well we spent millions of dollars building them stuff like bridges or a water plant. Some folks are just naive I suppose because the national anthem is pretty much the only time an average person stops to honor the people who paid the ultimate sacrifice, there is no greater debt paid to society other then ones life. In my unit alone we lost 6 good men in Mosul... that's 6 families crushed, 6 families that want to believe their husband/father/brother died for a righteous cause.

To take a knee... wtf? you can't stand fast for 3-5 minutes and show the slightest respect? Shit burns my ass, would love to throw punch the people doing it too. Better yet, I would like to take them to a firefight in Iraq and see if there perspective changes, how they feel when they lose a brother or a leader, how they feel to be injured or shot versus their little torn muscle from sports, best most of them would seize right up and beg for me to show them the way to safety, yet they wanna sit out the national anthem.

I'm gonna end this rant as even as a combat vet I'm not super duper patriotic, the disrespect just kills me. Thanks again fellas.

Wow what true words my friend. I don't understand why we can't do anything about this fvcker. There are problem we all know. But that's not the entire country. It's like this guy and followers are saying to the vets that they don't respect you.

All you guys Carverelli, and mauriji1 with gruntwerk have said what needs to be said all over the media. There is not enough bad mouthing of these guys and what they are doing. They don't like the USA then get the fvck out.

WTF if these guys were in a different country they wouldn't have half the things they have. I wish the owners of the team had some kind of rules to stop this. Such a sad state of mind.

Wow what true words my friend. I don't understand why we can't do anything about this fvcker. There are problem we all know. But that's not the entire country. It's like this guy and followers are saying to the vets that they don't respect you.

All you guys Carverelli, and mauriji1 with gruntwerk have said what needs to be said all over the media. There is not enough bad mouthing of these guys and what they are doing. They don't like the USA then get the fvck out.

WTF if these guys were in a different country they wouldn't have half the things they have. I wish the owners of the team had some kind of rules to stop this. Such a sad state of mind.

Jerry Jones, Cowboys owners has told his players that you will stand if you're on this team....nice move Jerry

Statement from Texans JJ Watt
We play a game. Yes, to many of us it is much more than a game, but at the end of the day it is just that, a game. It is not life or death. We are not going off to war, we are not putting our lives on the line, we are not protecting our country's freedom. But we are in the headlines, we become household names and we are often the role models that children look up to. I am not saying that it is right, but it is what it is. Therefore, when we get the opportunity, it is only right that we honor the true heroes of this county, the men & women who truly deserve the credit, the headlines and the recognition. That is why it is such an honor to carry this flag onto the field, to wear the camouflage gear, to visit with military members and take trips like the USO tour. Not because it looks cool (although I can't deny that it does), but because of what it represents. The hard work, the blood, the sweat, the tears, the lives lost, the families that have sacrificed, the men & women who lay absolutely everything on the line for this country and for our freedom. That is why days like yesterday are so special. That is why we try to use our platform as athletes to honor and show our appreciation for the military. We play a game, we don't deserve the worship that we often receive. You do. So thank you, to every man and woman out there who has previously or is currently serving in our military. Also thank you to their families, who have sacrificed so much as well. You all are the true heroes. You are the ones who deserve the fanfare. Thank you.

We all have goals as to why we train (lift) consistently. Also as many of us indulge in the use of AAS what is your overall goals and not for this or just for any specific cycle.

Just as the title and previous sharing , tell us your age and where you wanna be with your physique in your future.

Sorry OMM, I sort of derailed your thread my accident... I'll say my last piece and we will get back on topic.

Carverelli, OMM, and Maurij thanks for the kind words... they truly mean a lot. Being a combat veteran comes with this huge struggle of trying to understand and justify everything you saw, and why you lost so many people, why innocent folks die, why the enemy gets away sometimes... there's so much too it. My biggest struggle is never wanting to forget my brothers that I lost, or not wanting anyone else to forget them. I'm talking about real honorable men that you shared a true blood brother bond with, men that you knew would die for you at any second, and knowing you would do the same for them, trusting them with your life, trusting them firing rounds off right above your shoulders, trusting they have your 6, knowing you can count of them to be the badest mother fuckers one would ever imagine.... you don't find these types of bonds anywhere else. You almost feel robbed per say... so many good people gone, you want to truly believe it meant SOMETHING.

After I was injured a few of my buddies carried me nearly 3 clicks in order to gain distance from the enemy, all well still returning fire and kicking ass, no matter what we leave no man behind. Tell me where else you can find people like that?

Point of the above story and information is so maybe a few people can understand why soldiers are so close, what forms them bonds, and what makes it so hard to lose a brother. I myself was in the army and was a 11b (infantryman), I had done one tour as a typical grunt before going to ranger school and marksman training. Tour two I finally had my tab and got to spend most of my time on roof tops with an M14..... was really good times with the rangers.

The point I was trying to make above about being such a great country is mostly based off the way of life we are granted... we may have a corrupt government but we don't typically have road side bombs, huge levels of poverty (compared to other countries), or constant violence that is openly allowed. We have courts and a judicial system, we have rights, there is programs to help unfortunate people, our elderly have living centers.... many places I have traveled are not like this. We have it real easy compared to some, and this is mostly because we have the strongest military force. There for, there should be some mutual respect for something like the national anthem and what it STANDS for.

Professional sports players are living the ultimate example of the American dream.... the only professional sports you commonly see outside the USA that are huge is soccer. These guys are paid millions and our considered to be role models for a lot of the younger people out there.... hell of a thing to learn to be proud of right?

All silliness aside with stupid politicians, we live in a country where many men and women raise their right hand and take that oath, they serve honorably and help keep America a great country. These men and women who die for our country certainly deserve the respect of everyone paying attention to something as small as the national anthem.

So to take us back to topic, a lot of my goals have been to maintain sobriety, improve my mental health and physical health, lifting certainly shows me the way. Something about it gives me that pump I'm always after, the rush you experience after a fire fight or direct combat situation, seems to be the closest alternative.

Physique wise I am really trying to build my legs again, it took me a few years to be able to walk again so my legs pretty much withered away - although I will say they are improving rather quickly since running TRT.

Thanks grunt again another super post and words of wisdom. Wisdom is the experience and knowledge. I know from listening to most you guys that we feel the same.

Keep on , keeping on ............ :)

WTF happened to this great thread... I was loving reading all of the great posts - then we got all patriotic and lost the plot.

I'm in total admiration for you gruntwerk (and for that matter everyone else who puts their neck on the line for the cause) - but a massive shame to upset the applecart on what has been one of the most productive threads on here to date.

It was worth it to hail a patriot and imo a gdmf hero.

Sometimes
, somethings just need to be said. So, accept my apology. Or don't

I'll get us back on track again by re-posting the Q's and thanks to all the guys posts on all topics. :)

We all have goals as to why we train (lift) consistently. Also as many of us indulge in the use of AAS what is your overall goals and not for this or just for any specific cycle.

Just as the title and previous sharing , tell us your age and where you wanna be with your physique in your future.

Ya know guys , not that I started the thread , but it is exciting to me to hear the ages and goals with a little story. It seems that a lot of us wonder , hey WTF are you guys doing , really going to the gym everyday stabbing your asses with AAS , eating like pigs , haaa LOL and for what. All we really get is the short term goals, this cycle this summer ha, going on a cruise and sometimes silly unrealistic goals from the noobs.

Noob or Vet tell us :wavey:

Last edited:
Back