What Specifically are your Goals

oldmusclemike

We all have goals as to why we train (lift) consistently. Also as many of us indulge in the use of AAS what is your overall
Goals and not for this or just for any specific cycle.

So at my age 65 yrs I keep on because I want to hang on the aesthetic look of a man who is a lifter, BB. Due to all my aging ailments I have given in to not going heavy, and not trying to GROW. Getting back to where I was 3-4 years ago and maintaining.

So I want to be in the category of being really fit way above average for a man my age. Also recognized and excepted by the BB's as a
lifter ex-body builder.

SO how old are you and what are your goals concerning lifting and cycling.

46 yrs old and just trying to have the best healthiest body I can. I'd like to get a little bigger especially my quads, I have good hams but the quads are slow growers. Every winter I pick a lagging body part and hammer the sh*t out of it last year was back and this year will def be quads. I want to be bigger but I also want overall balance...Don't want to be that guy with bigger upper body and no wheels!

45yrs old, and still stretching my peak condition to it's limits...

I cycle moderately and sensibly - and I am ridiculously strict when it comes to diet, sleep and supplementation.

It never ceases to amaze me how many guys are happy to splash the cash on complicated cycles and numerous compounds - when they overlook the simple stuff like food, drink and sleep.

Personally, I feel I have one more show left in me, and I am currently adding muscle slowly and progressively whilst staying lean. I stay lean because I own my own PT company and I truly feel that I should look healthy year round - I need to be that role model that make people say "I wanna look like him!"

I have an 8yr old daughter who I have such a strong bond with - I love the fact that she tells people at school that her daddy is a muscle man. And she is always drawing pictures of me in the various poses. At 8yrs old she is already predicting who will win next weekend's Olympia lol

For me, this is a lifestyle that I will take to the grave. I've adored muscle since I was a kid watching He-Man, Tarzan, Superman, Hulk etc - or watching wrestling and strongman events on TV - as soon as I got to high school, the gym was my second home.

I've been training for 28yrs now, and still learning - but I look back at all of the years trying to build muscle with bad technique and overlooking muscle contractions at the expense of caressing my ego by lifting too heavy - and I cringe.
I could have saved myself a lot of wear and tear, a few major injuries and I'd be a LOT bigger than I am now too.

And I'll say this.... AAS is widely abused, and people are quick to jump onto these compounds far too soon.
I didn't cycle until I was 35, and only then when I knew I had reached my genetic limit and my T levels were on the dip.

The risk v reward was a lot less than most are prepared to take - and I don't regret a thing.

My current goals are to add another 2" to my thigh measurements - keep chipping away at my delts - and step back on stage in my final show in 2018 looking like the ultimate 'X-Man' :)

50 here and I just wanna look good naked :dance2:

Ah hahahaa :dance2: You crack me up somethimes and I did Laugh out loud !! :)

36 years old. my goal is to have 25 inch arms.
im cruising with test+tren. blasting times i add masteron and dianabol.
And so we keep our goals realistic :dunno:

45yrs old, and still stretching my peak condition to it's limits...

I cycle moderately and sensibly - and I am ridiculously strict when it comes to diet, sleep and supplementation.

It never ceases to amaze me how many guys are happy to splash the cash on complicated cycles and numerous compounds - when they overlook the simple stuff like food, drink and sleep.

Personally, I feel I have one more show left in me, and I am currently adding muscle slowly and progressively whilst staying lean. I stay lean because I own my own PT company and I truly feel that I should look healthy year round - I need to be that role model that make people say "I wanna look like him!"

I have an 8yr old daughter who I have such a strong bond with - I love the fact that she tells people at school that her daddy is a muscle man. And she is always drawing pictures of me in the various poses. At 8yrs old she is already predicting who will win next weekend's Olympia lol

For me, this is a lifestyle that I will take to the grave. I've adored muscle since I was a kid watching He-Man, Tarzan, Superman, Hulk etc - or watching wrestling and strongman events on TV - as soon as I got to high school, the gym was my second home.

I've been training for 28yrs now, and still learning - but I look back at all of the years trying to build muscle with bad technique and overlooking muscle contractions at the expense of caressing my ego by lifting too heavy - and I cringe.
I could have saved myself a lot of wear and tear, a few major injuries and I'd be a LOT bigger than I am now too.

And I'll say this.... AAS is widely abused, and people are quick to jump onto these compounds far too soon.
I didn't cycle until I was 35, and only then when I knew I had reached my genetic limit and my T levels were on the dip.

The risk v reward was a lot less than most are prepared to take - and I don't regret a thing.

My current goals are to add another 2" to my thigh measurements - keep chipping away at my delts - and step back on stage in my final show in 2018 looking like the ultimate 'X-Man' :)

Ahhh I knew that if you posted it would be something sensible and truthful in regard to AAS. Ya know I have the same disappointment in my past as you. I knew about the mind and muscle connection. I mean really to concentrate on the muscle I am specifically working. Positive and negatives , feeling THE muscle contract and on..... But it is hard to do and so many , me included to this day wanna lift more.

I have learned that for ME at my AGE my body isn't responding to the lower doses then when I was younger so I tend to due high doses of Test. I also have found that now w / out competing and being an ectomorph I really don't need any stacks. Test high 750 - 1200mgs and Deca at therapeutic doses 200mgs. This is just for me and how I like it. Oh I don't push others to do regularly as high as I do. Hard to keep Estrogen at bay over 1200mgs week.

Bigben my friend I thank you for such a good post on my thread. :) :biggthump..........OMM

Im 48 and my goal is to look better at 50 than I did at 40.

Very cool Jimi.
BUT will you look as good as me at 65 ? :dunno:

No, no don't say anything. You'll look better if you keep up the clean life and lifting. So sorry to admit I had many years off due to drugs. :(

46 yrs old and just trying to have the best healthiest body I can. I'd like to get a little bigger especially my quads, I have good hams but the quads are slow growers. Every winter I pick a lagging body part and hammer the sh*t out of it last year was back and this year will def be quads. I want to be bigger but I also want overall balance ...Don't want to be that guy with bigger upper body and no wheels !

OMG I am so embarrassed and glad you can't see me, I can't do much leg wrk at all due to all my back problems and bursitis in left hip. So I am the guy in your post. But I'm still lifting and pumped sometime can look upper body good.

Ah the bigger picture goal... I like the idea and neat to see everyone's responses.

I'm freshly 30 (this past June) and I'm trying to get back to where I was when I was early 20's, most people would say hey at 30 you have no reason to not be in the same physical condition... and for most folks that would be true.

I sustained a few injuries in 2008-2009 during my second stint in Iraq... battle of Mosul to be exact. A few were minor things like concussions, a fracture, few lacerations which I was able to walk off mostly. Unfortunately one incident a few months later resulted in a substantial leg injury from an IED blast, some shrapnel found it's way into my shin which sucked, but what was worse is the injuries my buddies sustained we're fatal upon detonation of the road side bomb. So well I suffered severe nerve damage, bone damage, muscle loss and subsequent infections of the wound the biggest injury of all was within my mind. Being the only survivor of something like that can be a tough experience and for a few years I suffered from PTSD without even realizing it.

After being released from active duty in 2011 because of the injuries I ended up hugely into substance and alcohol abuse which caused me to lose most of my lean mass, I would yoyo from being fat when I was sober to being skinny fat well using because I lost all mass, took me a long time to kick the drugs and focus on improving my PTSD thru therapy.

I was sober for about 14-15 months when I found this forum... started researching a cycle to help me get back to my prior shape in the military but ended up figuring out I had low T with the help of other members. Got on TRT and things started to get much better and now my physical condition is improving tremendously, I've been on TRT for 4-5 months and love it, it also helped deal with some of my anxiety and depression that worsened my PTSD so that was a bonus.

So my goals are certainly obtainable now with the guidance of you fellas, and they will be met in time. I was in incredible physical condition during my military time, extremely lean and fit. Now I'm trying to add some more lean mass as well since my whole routine doesn't need to be surrounded by functional fitness anymore. My goal is to just be the old me... but even better it!

With that said there's no fucking room for excuses in this shit... sometimes we gotta dig deep and find that inner power to pick up, dust off, and carry the fuck on.

Last edited:
Gruntwerk.....it's for studs like you that I stand wiyh my hand over my heart for national anthem and the pledge of allegiance. Thank you for your military service, and I appreciate the freedoms that that service has provided.

I'll be 50 next year, and I can't get the thought of competing in bb show out of my mind. My 4 kids are all grown and living their lives and now it's just me and my wife of 29 years. Sometimes I work out of town and that can hamper my training unless I get a place away from home. Then I train when I m not working. I'm 5-09 255lbs around 20 % bf. I look like a powerlifter, just not that strong. 27" legs, 50" chest, 19 + arms, 36" waistline, slightly narrow shoulders. Never ever been chiseled and may have some lingering gyno from puberty as my chest has always had some fat on it. And some love handles that never seem to go away. Lately I've been working hard on bringing my lagging back up to par with everything else and bringing bf down. Running my first hgh ever(5iu/day) along with some test tren and mast.
I may have injured my meniscus a few weeks ago and an mri next week will confirm or not. Tuesday night I tried some cardio and a few light leg presses with no ill effects the next day. I really belive I'm packing enough muscle to do pretty good in a show, but time will tell as the bf comes down. Working on my diet as well, like many have said here is everybody as important as trying and aas

Thanks Carverelli for what you said about our solders and grunt's giving. Embarrassed I didn't acknowledge it.

At 50 you can pull this off I think by what your stats say to me. You're doing a lot better than I did at 50, all I was about at that time was drugs. :( So I really lag compared to you guys that didn't get soooo fvcked up and lost the time I/ and others can't get back.

Thanks for your input.

Gosh, can I just say that I'm 40 and want to be jacked and tan? :D

Nutshell as my story is on here a few times:

Competitive powerlifter from 16-23, got hurt on the job picking up stuff I shouldn't have, ended up getting multiple knee surgeries, got hooked on pain drugs, fried my nuts, lost a decade of my life, blew up to 500lbs, found TRT after begging doctors to find out what was wrong, found ology...

Now I want to compete in bodybuilding. I'm realistic in knowing that my height will limit me to the national level at best (6'7"), but it's a great way to give hypogonadism the middle finger.

I've had to relearn how to eat, how to sleep, and training in a totally different way. I've learned a tremendous amount of knowledge from sites like this as frankly, the medical community is far behind.

Once the missus gets out of her stupid public job, I might even be able to finally put up progress pics as it has been a rough journey going from almost no lean mass at over 50% body fat to 340lbs at around 14% body fat.

Great thread Mike.

My 0.02c :)

I've always carried a lot of muscle. I remember cresting 200# when I was around 25, then exercised and dieted (mostly exercise ) to 190. Ive been 280 and fatter than hell after I had ohs in 2012 to replace a defective valve. Went to work at Intel in Hillsboro Oregon and started working out again at a 24hr fitness gym 4 dats week then driving back to se Washington on the weekends to see the family. Dieted down to 240 and showing some muscle again. Work took me away from gym, not home, let year but made hella good money. Bought a year's worth of gear and 1000iu euro tropin gh and started running that a few months ago. Bf is slowing coming down and muscle slowly going on my fairly short frame. Starting to see abs appear finally. Family is haven't seen for awhile have taken notice and people are asking for gym advice at work. Shirts that used to fit ok are now too snug on the chest and arms. I have nice carhartt 2xl canvas work shirts that I packed away and bought 3x to replace. Pants are hard to find that fit my waist and quads in the same pair. Some designer jeans would work but I can't stand the elaborate gay ass stitching on the rear pockets..ugh
It's coming slow but sure.

Ah my thanks to you halfwit I think we've gotten to have great respect for one another. You are very well educated an always have good info for us in the sport and here on this forum.

I have found this forum to be the very best with some of the vets we have. I just try to keep up, ha LOL.

I wanna thank you for your honesty with that post. Very much I wasn't privy to. Now that I know you're a fat fvck I can screw with you...ah ha ha :dance2: ..................... Na you know I don't mean that. I'm fortunate I have NEVER had to watch what I ate in related to gaining fat. But as a better diet for BB . well I fvcked that up and continue. :dunno:

Thanks Halfwit I was awaiting you and a few other vets, ha I'm working on my vet status :laugh3:

37 yrs old just wanna keep pumping tren non stop then chop chop so i can look just like Matt0071

So how about more posts about your long term goals guys. Where's Teut, and Meg and Shredder and porkchop as well as others. Newbies or vets...

Back