What's the second best way to build the chest in addition to the bench?

The Phone Guy

Most of my family members have a flat chest. Hereditory I guess. I know the bench & incline press do a great job since I see great results, but are there any other ways that just blow the shit out of the chest?

i have a very flat chest also, and straight bars dont do much for my chest but if i use dumbells i feel an awesome pump, much better results too...try incline fly's, dips(weighted),dumbell presses, i started doing cables at the end of my chest routine for a little stretch and burn...i use the smith machine to warm up with but if i try to use it on flat bench it just kills my shoulders.

Inclines = yes, flat bench = no. The key to a good chest IMO is almost all incline movements, dumbell, barebell, flyes, a little flat work & machine work thrown in for good measure.

Try this,

Really worked for me

incline db press 5 sets,pyramid, not too much rest bout 30-45 secs in between sets
incline db flys 5 sets

flat db flys 5 sets
falt db press 5sets

de-cline db press 5 sets
cable x-overs 5 sets

weighted dips as 4 sets

do this 3-4 weeks you will notice the difference

also maybe try supersetting db press with flys really blitz the chest

brizo said:
Try this,

Really worked for me

incline db press 5 sets,pyramid, not too much rest bout 30-45 secs in between sets
incline db flys 5 sets

flat db flys 5 sets
falt db press 5sets

de-cline db press 5 sets
cable x-overs 5 sets

weighted dips as 4 sets

do this 3-4 weeks you will notice the difference

also maybe try supersetting db press with flys really blitz the chest

29 sets??? you gotta be kidding me. I may do 4 work sets on chest day and have a 585 bench to my credit. the key to growth is adding weight to the bar every week or two. when you get stronger you grow. I used to do 20+ sets for chest and got no where. now that i have cut voulme back i have made some big gains.

its a short term shock routine,

It just personally worked for me, i have found it difficault to keep adding weight every week as i find i reach a plateau quickly and dont like working to low reps, just doesn't work for me ,

im a great believer in volume training,

horses for courses i suppose.

cheers for the advise tho "pullin big"

A good fly machine can be great if you're working heavy. DB flyes are very hard to keep good form when you're doing your 5 rep max.

I usually try to avoid machines, but the pec dec is one that I like.

Thanks! I've just added a combination of the suggestions last night. Am pretty sore today as a result. Guess I'm on track! Again, thanks!

supersetted weighted dips with weighted chins, then on last set drop sets to near failure.

Back