What's Your Cardio Of Choice When Dieting???

Texas Ranger

Guys, what's your choice of cardio when dieting to get REALLY lean? The Elliptical?? Treadmill?? Stepper?? Or a Stationary Bike??

What do you consider "really lean" because i am still trying lol. I like the elyptical, and jogging/running on the treadmill.

Jcp2, how's it going bro.? Haven't spoke to you in a while. I'd consider 7-8% bodyfat to be really lean without being in contest shape.

Texas Ranger said:
Jcp2, how's it going bro.? Haven't spoke to you in a while. I'd consider 7-8% bodyfat to be really lean without being in contest shape.

I was probably a little higher than that this summer, not much, but i didn't do much cardio. I am doing good and yourself, i haven't seen you around much.

I like interval training the best. On the treadmill, I'll run for two minutes, then walk fast for one minute, run two, walk one.......
But the cardio workout that seems to work the best for me is when I work on the heavy bag and combine it with skipping. I'll do two minutes punching, then skip for two minutes, then kick for two minutes, then skip for two minutes....etc. It's one hell of a work out that's for sure!

i love the eliptical trainer. i do ten minutes at level 10, than ten at 15 and than 10 at 20. i burn like 600 calories. than i do 15 minutes on the rope. i do this twice a week. it works for me.

mine is very much similar to Fyres as well. intervals/sprints as well as boxing type workout along with some plyometrics.

Jogging for about 45 mins.... although I have been finding out it smooth out your quads... At least that is my experience.

I'm thinking about buying this Elliptical Trainer- http://www.fitnessquest.com/scripts/cgiip.exe/WService=fq/itemdetl.html?id=4598528 and this Stepper- http://www.staminasales.com/staminasales/artbin/productimages/hiresjpg/55-2000.jpg. I tested it out this morning at the sporting goods store and it REALLY kicked a#s!! I'm going to use it as a Stepper only and felt hardly any pressure on my knees which is very important. I have a repaired ACL in my left knee that gives me problems every now and then.

Last edited:
Fyre, your workout sounds intense! I think I might give it a try. I just don't have a heavy bag, though. What if I jump rope for 1 minute, then shadow box for 1 minute, jump rope for 1 minute, etc... for a total of 25-30 minutes? Would this be effective???

Mountain Biking, running outside, HIIT outside, confidence courses, I like to do anything outdoors, Heavy martial art drills

Well, I was a cross country runner in HS (as well as a left tackle in football; lineman build; odd, i know), so I prefer to just get out and do about 3-5 miles a coupla times per week for my cardio.

The Elliptical Trainer is really good. I like your idea of alternating Jumping Rope & Shadow Boxing for a total of 20-30 minutes as well. If that doesn't get you to 7-8% bodyfat, I don't know what will. Plus, it's CHEAP and VERY EFFECTIVE!!!

i like the treadmill much more than the eliptical. using the interval training program for 30-45 mins 3X a week is good for me. for people with bad knees or any joint problems the eliptical would be a better choice.

Back