WHat's your specialty

Deep South Chris said:
well the encouragement deffinatly helps...id love to get my raw over 400 before this year is over and i dont see why i couldnt...

I'm considering doing a meet in Augast in florida. Contacty me via PM. Maybe we can enter it together.

My raw bench is somewhere around 350, and my deads are a little over 500 at 195lbs. I would like to enter a comp sometime in the future, but I find it somewhat intimidating b/c I don't have any friends that compete nor have I ever been to a meet. I do think it gives your training a little more meaning when your working towards a goal like competitions.

JT190 said:
My raw bench is somewhere around 350, and my deads are a little over 500 at 195lbs. I would like to enter a comp sometime in the future, but I find it somewhat intimidating b/c I don't have any friends that compete nor have I ever been to a meet. I do think it gives your training a little more meaning when your working towards a goal like competitions.
just find a few meets and go . try to make at least 1 of them a bigger sanctioned meet [ apf etc. ] , once you have watched a few meets you will meet someone in your area with any luck at all .

DADAWG said:
just find a few meets and go . try to make at least 1 of them a bigger sanctioned meet [ apf etc. ] , once you have watched a few meets you will meet someone in your area with any luck at all .

HEad this advice.

DADAWG said:

Thanks DD, i'm going to try to make it to one this summer, then maybe enter a Push/Pull this fall. I wish I could find a good underground gym where there are some serious lifters. I travel so much and work out wherever I can when out of town, so it's tough to train like I need to in order to get the best out of my lifts.

JT190 said:
Thanks DD, i'm going to try to make it to one this summer, then maybe enter a Push/Pull this fall. I wish I could find a good underground gym where there are some serious lifters. I travel so much and work out wherever I can when out of town, so it's tough to train like I need to in order to get the best out of my lifts.
do you have memberships at every gym? how do you work this out? when you get into a town gym wise?

I am strongest at deads, then squats are right up there, and bench is much weaker. Everyone assumes that I am strongest at bench press, but big pecs do not necessarily mean a strong bench press. I am getting stronger in bench now that my tendonitis has gone away.

huskyguy said:
I am strongest at deads, then squats are right up there, and bench is much weaker. Everyone assumes that I am strongest at bench press, but big pecs do not necessarily mean a strong bench press. I am getting stronger in bench now that my tendonitis has gone away.
where is the tendonitis at [ shoulder/chest/elbows ] ?

adidamps2 said:
do you have memberships at every gym? how do you work this out? when you get into a town gym wise?

My company pays for up to $10 a day, so I can normally find a decent gym for that price. Also, several of the hotels I stay at have a deal with local gyms where I can show them my room key and train for free.

JT190 said:
My company pays for up to $10 a day, so I can normally find a decent gym for that price. Also, several of the hotels I stay at have a deal with local gyms where I can show them my room key and train for free.
thats cool..nice benifit too.

Back