When on TRT ... should one shoot for the high range.. i.e. the 95% ng/dL

copaseet

I was wondering from those who are on TRT, what ranges they are in and what ranges they feel better...

i..e the 95% percentile for my age is around 930ng/dL .... while average is around 600ng/dL

Just wondering what the TRT group aims for and feels better at.

Most steroid users want to see 1000 on trt, most docs probably would prefer the 600.

1100 feels good to me.

shoot for what makes you feel better without having negative health implications..

i shoot 80mg twice a week and i feel golden

If your monitored by a Doc u got to be able to get him to agree that the numbers YOU want and the numbers he s willing to dose u at...jibe.

My doc and I are tight and I bring my labs...altered to show 700 ish...I adulterate them with a cool printer font size scotch tape and copier at work. I like 1000 as my chol is great, lipids OK, PSA s great...ec.

My doc would barely prescribe me since I had a heart transplant. They watch me close. Guess I should just be thankful my heart is beating still...

I sit around 1000ng/dl which I like, and my doc is happy with. Personally I want to be at the top of the range and I'll stay there as long as bloods keep coming back fine.

When I got started on trt, it was the world of difference at 44 yrs old. Since then I've had an aortic valve replacement due to a congenital defect(bi-cuspid valve from birth) I was self admin at the time. The last time my general doc had blood work done my tt was just over 800ng/dl after I'd come off cyp and was using prop to be able to drop tt down as needed real quick for the doc blood work. She wasn't happy with 800 at all. Said it was way too high. We bantered back and forth until I got pissed and told her I'd handle my trt from here on out.
Other than my bp meds which keep my hr down even when I need it to increase to give my muscles oxygen, I feel great. 3x/ yr I cruise on 175 mg/wk test enth for no less than six weeks after which I get bloods done to make sure everything is back in check

My TRT doc keeps me at 1150. That's 70mg a week for me. I'm very happy with my numbers. No hcg.

It depends who is treating you. My endo wouldn't go above 6-700. But the TRT clinic doc is very liberal.

Lol I got lucky and some how my TRT dose of 150 mg's a week gets me above 1500ng/dl :laugh: but I'm trying to stay around 1000ng/dl now to minimize any long term side effects. I'm happy with 1000ng/dl I feel like having it above that number would be asking for my doctor to lower my dosage. I also like to have a higher dosage than I need in case my regular doctor ever quits and I end up having to go to another doctor and they lower my dosage.

My TRT doc keeps me at 1150. That's 70mg a week for me. I'm very happy with my numbers. No hcg.

It depends who is treating you. My endo wouldn't go above 6-700. But the TRT clinic doc is very liberal.

Lol I got lucky and some how my TRT dose of 150 mg's a week gets me above 1500ng/dl :laugh: but I'm trying to stay around 1000ng/dl now to minimize any long term side effects. I'm happy with 1000ng/dl I feel like having it above that number would be asking for my doctor to lower my dosage. I also like to have a higher dosage than I need in case my regular doctor ever quits and I end up having to go to another doctor and they lower my dosage.

Lucky bastards!! I'm on 200mg/week and barely hit 1000ng/dl lol. I think my last panel showed 920ng/dl.

What do you guys weigh if you mind my asking?

Lucky bastards!! I'm on 200mg/week and barely hit 1000ng/dl lol. I think my last panel showed 920ng/dl.

What do you guys weigh if you mind my asking?

My sentiments exactly! I have to be at 250mg/wk to break 1k myself. Color me jealous. :(

OP: 3J nailed it. Go by how you FEEL, chasing a number will just mess with your head as the two aren't necessarily linked. Besides, I've found that it's more about the estradiol than anything that gives me the "sense of well being" we're after. Too high/low just makes me Bleh - doesn't matter if my test is at 750ng/dL or 10,000ng/dL.

My .02c :)

My sentiments exactly! I have to be at 250mg/wk to break 1k myself. Color me jealous. :(

OP: 3J nailed it. Go by how you FEEL, chasing a number will just mess with your head as the two aren't necessarily linked. Besides, I've found that it's more about the estradiol than anything that gives me the "sense of well being" we're after. Too high/low just makes me Bleh - doesn't matter if my test is at 750ng/dL or 10,000ng/dL.

My .02c :)

So you aim to have your E2 right in the middle for normal range?

Wow.. this is with test C?... any HCG or arimidex?

At 48, on TRT for a few years. Strangely, I felt worse overall at total of 1300 than I did at 1100. I was stronger, but I'm not a paid athlete, so the big picture is what matters.

Anywhere between 700 and 1100 feels about the same, so I take the most I can while keeping E2 in range without additional drugs. When I'm lean and diet is on point, I can stay at total of 1050-1100 and do that. When I'm stressed, let myself gain weight, and I'm not fueling myself very well, anything much over 800 will drive my E2 over range.

I go by what makes me feel at my best and only look at the numbers after I have settled out there. I tell my doctor that I do not care about numbers, I care about quality of life. He recently let me up my dose to test and see if it makes me feel better. I told him if it did not, I would drop it back down...that I would never take more than what was needed to feel my best since that was a waste and could be harmful.

I go by what makes me feel at my best and only look at the numbers after I have settled out there. I tell my doctor that I do not care about numbers, I care about quality of life. He recently let me up my dose to test and see if it makes me feel better. I told him if it did not, I would drop it back down...that I would never take more than what was needed to feel my best since that was a waste and could be harmful.

How do you quantify feeling better? i.e what signs do you look for?

So you aim to have your E2 right in the middle for normal range?
I usually feel fantastic around 30-40pg/ml. So, the upper end. :)

I should clarify. This is 70mg of cyp 200 per week - .35 E3.5D.

Nope, no hcg. I take .5mg adex once a week.

I'm only 165 lbs so that may be why as well.

Still super jealous, even though I'm literally twice your weight haha.

Back