Where do us juicers find clothing?

I have to get anything that matters custom made. My shoes have to be custom stuff 12EEEEE.
Last year I had a suit made. I can't buy one, it has to be cut...and not machine cut..hand only. They won't machine cut over about a 12" taper usually. I wear a 52 coat and 36 pants. He got me to buy the 38" pants and took some up in the waist so they would fit my legs. I am no bodybuilder either...never claimed anything so absurd...just a stocky guy is all.
So you really big cats must have a friggin nightmare with this.

BTW, if you have to wear collared shirts, get a custom made shirt. Best money I ever spent. $180 bucks and it fits like it was made for me...well..it was. lol I think that if I took some of the frill from the shirt and got a lower quality fabric...less bells and whistles, it would have been as low as 90-100 bucks. Once they have your measurements for the shirt, you can pick out multiple fabrics and styles to suit your specific needs. As I was doing some banking consulting at the time, my stuff had to be fairly nice and had to fit right. It showed attention to detail....something the board of a bank takes seriously.

For everyday stuff, get used to having a shirt with sleeves too long in order to fit your torso. For jeans, I buy Carhartt. they are the most rugged jeans I have ever owned. they have a cell phone pocket on each side (which I find invaluable). The most important thing....they have huge leg room. I can wear a 36" Carhartt pant and have extra room around my legs! This is insane..I can even squat down in jeans without fear of hearing something rip. lol

Shirts...I wear tons of tees unless I am doing something that requires more...then it's those damn Polo style pullovers. A secret there is buying a golfing shirt. Golf shirts are cut a bit fuller to allow for the swinging movement without binding. they make plenty of XXL and XXXL golf shirts for all the fat asses that play. You can go to a Greg Norman outlet or some of the other outlet shops for golf and get great deals on solids and prints that will give you enough room to breath.

Yeah custom is the way to go...but it's friggin expensive.

It's not always the size that's the problem, it's the proportions. I'm not that big, but my proportions are "wacked" according to their sizes.

outlawtas2 said:
Yeah custom is the way to go...but it's friggin expensive.

It's not always the size that's the problem, it's the proportions. I'm not that big, but my proportions are "wacked" according to their sizes.
BINGO!

It is the proportions that screw you up. When they built my suit last year, they added room in the tops of the sleeves for the shoulders and upper arms to have more room. They had to cut a 16" taper (standard cut is 2-4" and athletic cut is like 6" taper). Custom is cool as hell, and it can be expensive, but it is the way to go for quality clothes that have to fit.

I can't mention it enough, but those custom fit shirts are the cat's meow guys. Treat yourself to one and you will lose your mind. I wear a 19.5" neck shirt and a 36" pant. Most 19" shirts are made for fat folks. They have so much excess at the bottom that I need to wear 38" pants to tuck it all in. My custom shirts are NOTHING like that. they fit...they slip in with no bunching up...no messing up the pants to get all the shirt tucked in. lol
No shit...women treat themselves to a massage...treat yourself to a custom fitted shirt. It will make you feel soooooooo much better, you won't believe it. What's a hundred or so bucks? You get to wear it more than once. lol

pinch yves said:
I got some polo XXL, but I'm going to have to tailor them. They fit in the chest, however the waist and sleeve lengths' are too large.

I used to wear lots of polo but when i would go up in sizes to compensate for the tight sleeves on the arms, i would look like a fuckin snowman bc the length and width of the shirts would get so big. so i gave those up and went to lacoste.

I have the same problem
shirts - I buy all my shirts from express these days, they are very broad in the chest and shoulders.

pants - i like flat front pants, and the only ones, I can get to fit my thighs are dockers.

I have to wear dress clothes for work and it's always a problem, if anyone has any other suggestions that would be awesome

outlawtas2 said:
Anyone can just through on a XXXL shirt cuz their big. What I think this guy is looking for is clothes that fit properly! and in that case, i think your pretty much outta luck. It's very hard to find clothes that fit the proportions BB'ers have...and if you look through any BB'ing magazine it seems all the clothing is for complete fags.

Oh how does that work?

kingsizedirect.com is where I get my cloths. Its ok not the best. dress shirts are kind of fkded because the neck size is way off from the sizes they put them with. for my chest size its like a 17 1/2 in neck which isn't to cool but I don't ever have to where a tie so I just keep the top unbuttoned. Pants I buy wide leg jeens most dress pants fit ok legs a little tight than i like, but they don't look painted on. most prices are decent on all things.

Last edited:
Casual clothes are difficult and whatever I find has to be altered. Dress clothes are much easier. Bespoke services are what you should look for. Any top suit maker will offer MTM or bespoke. Turnbull and Asser offers bespoke shirts as well. They run about $350 per shirt with a six shirt minimum. They are great shirts. Also, many british suitmakers will visit the US a couple times per year. A decent bespoke suit can be had for about 3K.

Get them custom tailored. Get measured up at a local tailor shop, find a site online that tailors stuff somwhere in asia, like thailand, email them your measurements and what you want, wait 2 weeks and you get your shit in the mail.

Insane_Man said:
Get them custom tailored. Get measured up at a local tailor shop, find a site online that tailors stuff somwhere in asia, like thailand, email them your measurements and what you want, wait 2 weeks and you get your shit in the mail.

That's a way, however I recommend a bespoke tailor. He can add any eccentricities you may have and cut an overall better garment.

pinch yves said:
That's a way, however I recommend a bespoke tailor. He can add any eccentricities you may have and cut an overall better garment.

We are talking one and the same here. Bespoke tailor = custom tailor everywhere else but the UK :)

If you go with asian tailors prices will be much mroe reasonable due to the lack of taxes and such on textiles there and the cheap cost of labor. There are many outfits in HK and BKK which offer mail order services. I think some even have offices in the US where you can go, get measured, pick out the materials yourself hands-on and send the order out.

Last edited:
I wear XXL or XXXL uppers depending on brand, and relaxed fit jeans slightly oversized. Its not always easy to find clothes, but its not impossible. There are a couple types of stores where I live that specifically cater to big and tall types, you should have those too perhaps.

markmansell said:
i live in japan where everything's a size down so i'm kind of screwed.

My XXXL silk shirt from Thailand is a little tight and thats when I was lighter, sometimes you just have to look harder. Once you have that source for clothes that fit just stock up a little. Since "my sized" clothes sometimes are out of stock because they probably aren't that common, sometimes I just have to stock up when I can.

There is always eBay too for some things.

Insane_Man said:
We are talking one and the same here. Bespoke tailor = custom tailor everywhere else but the UK :)

If you go with asian tailors prices will be much mroe reasonable due to the lack of taxes and such on textiles there and the cheap cost of labor. There are many outfits in HK and BKK which offer mail order services. I think some even have offices in the US where you can go, get measured, pick out the materials yourself hands-on and send the order out.

If it is "hands-on" at a shop it is bespoke. However mail orders do not count as bespoke. They are made-to-measure. Bespoke is not just the garment, but rather an overall experience.

pinch yves said:
If it is "hands-on" at a shop it is bespoke. However mail orders do not count as bespoke. They are made-to-measure. Bespoke is not just the garment, but rather an overall experience.

Fair enough, but the prices you quoted are quite high. I have had shirts and suits tailored in thailand for like $15 a shirt, and yes, that was hands on. If you're gonna pay 350 for a shirt and 3k for a suit it would make better sense IMO to just fly to HK or BKK and get stuff made then fly home. If you got a cheap flight it would work out cheaper. There was an article I read specifically about this a while back.

Back