Where do you train? Home gym or Corporate?

BattlePhrog

Home or Corporate? Let's see what everyone else is lifting on. This is my home set up, I'm saving up for a spin bike and row. I've rigged up a pulley system for cable work. It's not glamorous but it gets the job done for now.

"necessity is the mother of invention"

View attachment 557535

Right now, i am still at a privately owned gym but switching over to my home gym in about 3 months. I have a rack similar to yours but it has a cool bar on top for pull ups at different angles. And i see you have the adjustable bench. Nice. I have the same. I need to work on getting my weights now.
If you think about it, the rack is all you really need for a good workout if you know what you're doing.
I like your set up. Now we just need a old school leg press w/calf raise bar.

Right now, i am still at a privately owned gym but switching over to my home gym in about 3 months. I have a rack similar to yours but it has a cool bar on top for pull ups at different angles. And i see you have the adjustable bench. Nice. I have the same. I need to work on getting my weights now.
If you think about it, the rack is all you really need for a good workout if you know what you're doing.
I like your set up. Now we just need a old school leg press w/calf raise bar.

Yeah man, once you get a rack the possibilities are endless.. get all the fundamentals down and if you are an intuitive person you can make things out of necessity. I have worked out in a lot of gyms and even though my little home set up isn't fully stocked with the latest and greatest and i have to make due i feel that i get so much more out of my training sessions. its just me, the weight and music of my choosing. no pussies taking up time super setting 3 muscle groups at a time with 4 people in the rotation. no cell phone selfie dudes. its fucking awesome! i can be as loud and rude as i want take as long as i want and no one can say shit. When i spend some bucks on shit i get to keep it and i know its in good shape to take the abuse. I am surprised no one else is chiming in with their home shit. I can't be the only one who gave up 24 hr and lifetime.

I belong to 3 gyms but its not as crazy as it sounds. 2 memberships are free. the third i pay for. I also have a small home set up for days when i need to get by and just cant or dont want to make the time to it the gym. I will not be investing much in my home set up. As i said for me its a strictly get by scenario and it allows me to do that now. I can see me picking up some more plates at some point but other than that im pretty set as far as my home workouts go.

I train at a gym thats has everything in it its a world class facility its about the size of a smaller stadium go for workout then sauna maybe a little swim :)

I belong to 3 gyms but its not as crazy as it sounds. 2 memberships are free. the third i pay for. I also have a small home set up for days when i need to get by and just cant or dont want to make the time to it the gym. I will not be investing much in my home set up. As i said for me its a strictly get by scenario and it allows me to do that now. I can see me picking up some more plates at some point but other than that im pretty set as far as my home workouts go.

Understandable, for me the ease of convenience makes it worth my while. But i will admit that living in the southwestern part of the states makes it pretty miserable around this time of year. drinking a gal 1/2 each day just to survive haha. If i had free memberships though it might lure me away from my deal

I train at a gym thats has everything in it its a world class facility its about the size of a smaller stadium go for workout then sauna maybe a little swim :)

Where the hell is a place like that? only thing i can think of around here with that quality is lifetime fitness. marble floors and more machines/weights than members. place is insane it has like 2 olympic pools and a huge amusement water park in it.

EWWWW is that a trap pad on the barbell

HAHA!! I knew I would hear shit about it. Listen man, i got a wife. she has needs and shit. Notice there is TWO BB's. hahahah.

View attachment 557548 I train outside in the Oregon rain.......getcha some !!

Hell yeah man! That is awesome. Way better than my view. Sweet set up you have and some nice weight. What do you do to keep the rust away? the only thing i would hate is being in the middle of a squat or set and get a black bear or bull elk creeping up on me.

View attachment 557548 I train outside in the Oregon rain.......getcha some !!

I have tarp covers for each piece of equipment. And I go thru alot of WD-40. I repaint the weights/benches every few years with Rustoleum paint . I love working out outside , although I go to a local collage gym when it gets too nasty . As for the critters , I got several firearms nearby , can always use some more BBQ material , lol. ~Bo

EWWWW is that a trap pad on the barbell

Lol ^

Home gym. I don't have much but the possibilities are endless with a barbell, dumbells, tire, sledgehammer, weights, weight bags, and now my gf welds me shit like a weight sled. A few times I wanted to isolate an area and had to get creative with what I had.
But I do train Krav Maga at my trainers gym.
But home gym will continue to grow..

I've got a bare bones set up at home, but my "main gym" is a corporate "globo" gym. I've also got gym access at work, so I use that when I'm in the office, and then also have a gym at our HOA clubhouse which I use while my kid is swimming during the summer. Each of the 3 has something that the other two doesn't have, so it's a good switch up for me.

That shit is ridiculous. Look at that god damn weight room.:wackit:... I feel like i can't even post in my own damn forum thing because this is so awesome. You Sir, have won today. HAHAH

Thanks! it wasn't my aim to one-up anyone, but I am pretty proud of my gym. I've refined it over about 15 years of distilling it down to what I really need and upgrading equipment bit by bit.

Planet fitness ! J/K

I go to snap fitness. It's either that our the local ymca unless I want to did 30 min one way. I miss my 24h fitness in Florida. ..

Planet fitness ! J/K

I go to snap fitness. It's either that our the local ymca unless I want to did 30 min one way. I miss my 24h fitness in Florida. ..

Thanks! it wasn't my aim to one-up anyone, but I am pretty proud of my gym. I've refined it over about 15 years of distilling it down to what I really need and upgrading equipment bit by bit.

HAHa i know man you weren't. What else you have in there? i see the rack, seated calf, what looks to be a GH machine pad?

Back