Who is reliant on stimulants?

jizman

Well its sad but the truth.. I cant seem to have a crazy work out unless i ahve my 24mg's of ephedrine, and 200 mgs of caffeen. My question is is this dose safe 5 days a week for long periods of time? im sure the caffeen is fine, but what about the 24mgs of ephedrine?
Some say my body will work a tolerance, but im telling you thats all i need to have a kick ass work out. anything more i feel hot and sketchy.. this has been going on for about 4 monthes.. with out the stack my workouts are okay, but lack focus bigtime.
Opinions?

I don't need to use stimulants to work out hard. Not to bash those that use them but it's not something I want to become dependant on.

I take caffeine and ephedrine before every workout. But i only take that pill 4x a week. I don't think that is all that bad. I do drink coffee though.

I use stimulants all of the time and have tried to quit several times without much success. It's definitely a psychological addiction though, not a physical one. I use ephedrine as well. I've researched the subject and beyond the obvious potential heart/blood pressure issues, no toxicity issues appear to be of concern with ephedrine. Obviously though it would be best to not become reliant on such things.

Aboot said:
I use stimulants all of the time and have tried to quit several times without much success. It's definitely a psychological addiction though, not a physical one. I use ephedrine as well. I've researched the subject and beyond the obvious potential heart/blood pressure issues, no toxicity issues appear to be of concern with ephedrine. Obviously though it would be best to not become reliant on such things.

Me too.

Tried it once, 50mg Ephedrine 200mg Caffiene and didn't notice squat. Never tried it again. Like Lift and Aboot said, it's not something you want to become reliant on.

I know a girl who completely fucked up her thyroid by taking ephedrine daily for a period of 6 months or more. Not saying that's going to happen to you guys but it made me realize that the stuff is powerful.

Yikes .. Makes me consider dropping them. Although 24mgs a day for someone who is 250 pounds of lean mass? Perhaps 24mgs a day will have no bad effects? Hmm i guess id rather not wait to find out.

LiftTillIDie said:
I know a girl who completely fucked up her thyroid by taking ephedrine daily for a period of 6 months or more. Not saying that's going to happen to you guys but it made me realize that the stuff is powerful.

What happened?

LiftTillIDie said:

I would think that your adrenal glands would be at a greater risk then your thyroid.

I'm trying to ween off the ephedrine and caffeine. Now I try to save it for the days I really need it (i.e. a leg workout @ 8pm after working all day).

Shit makes me too fucked up feeling.

Although, I used to take HydroxyCut when it had the ephedrine in it, but since that isn't available anymore I don't use shit.

It'd be nice to have something that lasted a couple hours and gave me a rush of energy to motivate me a bit more. Any ideas out there? Can we (us here in the States) order a HydroxyCut-esque product on-line?

B.B

ONEBADMOTHA said:
What happened?

She works at a fast paced job and has access to ephedrine, so she got used to popping 25mg pills whenever she felt the need, and didn't stop for an extended period of time. She gained a lot of weight despite a healthy diet and was feeling like shit all the time. She went in for a bunch of tests and the doctor told her that her thyroid was fucked up, and she will probably have to be on meds for life.

Aboot said:
I would think that your adrenal glands would be at a greater risk then your thyroid.

Perhaps the doctors were wrong, as they so often are. I will follow up and ask how treatment is coming, but I hadn't really followed up because she said the meds they prescribed were working and she has lost most of the weight she gained.

Nah, if they tested her thyroid and it was not functioning properly then that is the most likely sceanario.

Back