Votes: 16 4.1%
  • Dorian Yates

Votes: 76 19.4%
  • Ronnie Coleman

Votes: 61 15.6%
  • Sergio Olivia

Votes: 15 3.8%

• Total voters
LOL You shoulda have said who was the best bodybuilder for BODYBUILDING purposes, it seems like everybody is voting for one guy or another because they like his name or hes famous or something but not because of what he did as a BB or what he is as a BB... LOL this poll has got messed up.

Jawbone said:
Zane--won it three times under 200lbs!

Zane has the body I most admire, but if Arnold did more for the sport by going out of the sport than anybody else, bar none. You can debate who had the most mass, etc., but you are crazy to think arnold wouldn't be able to compete with the guys today...he just didn't do all the slin and gh they do. But his drive and determination and willingness to do anything to win made him what he was and is today.

And nobody has had the personality of Arnold either. Nobody has been able to be an ambassador like he has. Ronnie? I heard him on the tonight show, he can barely talk. Plus, he is so far removed from looking normal, he is more intimidating and if anything gives fuel to the anti-aas fire.

jb28ca said:
So many Ronnie haters, you have to respect what he has done and at the age of 40 there is absolutely nobody in his league when he shows up his best. Ronnie will break Haney's olympia record, and when its all said and done Ronnie will be considered the greatest of all time

i agree wiht u on that bro.. ronnie is the best in my book... no one has gone on the stage with his size and mass and hardness... Lets not even talk about his back...

I think one of the most important body parts that seperates the pros from each other is their back development... and ronnie owns all in that department... the guy is a complete freak... Dorian is up there for me too ,

arnold is best in a different way, he made bb what it is today, gave it alota of popularity, but as some one said earlier his lower body dont match his upper body...

Powerhouse9 said:
Quick questions, who pioneered the sport? Who made it what it is today? Who was huge before T3, GH, IGF, Slin, Creatine, Fina, THG, EQ, and some other AS found their way into the sport? Arnold looks better than most of us in some of his latest movies at the age of 50. And I think he isn't on as much gear as Ronnie.

bro we are not tryin to decide which bb has reached the best size with least amount of drugs.. the question is who is the best bb, in terms of mass, size, symmetry peroid...

if u look at it that way, there were bbers before any type of AS come out, and they looked alot better than alota people on juice now adays...

Last edited:
Remember the Greek bodybuilders hundreds of years ago???

They ate 50 pairs of Ox's balls to get the same thing we get out of steroids, There is ALWAYS a way of getting your hands on something if youre determined enough.

Not only is Ronnies back huge but look at his legs, Arnie had terrible leg development he looked like a joke when he posed but Ronnie is huge and he holds it well too, He could easily hit the 300 mark and still be rock hard!

Ronnie Coleman with out a doubt. he's not my favourite BB but even I can see that man can't be touched. He's a genetic freak. He stands alone.

I think part of the interesting part of this thread is what members consider to be the definition of "greatest" TX basically said this... So let me change my answer.

Best phisique overall: Zane
Best personality and rep of BBing: Schwarzenegger
Best training methods: Yates (he and I shared the same trainer)

I may be the only one to say this, but last on my list is ronnie. I just don't get how that freak can be considered a masterful representation of what man can look like. Now if he competed against horses, that might be fair. don't get me wrong, I have the utmost in respect for his hard work, I just think it's sad that he was pretty much forced into the roll of freakishly big. I don't know, anyone with a distended gut and that much mass, is just not attractive to me. Arnold, even with the smaller legs, just looked so tight and proportioned. Zane even more so.

its gonna be based on person shit obviously... i would rather be a solid 210lbs at 5'7'' with 8% BF than to be as big as ronnie, but ronnie is just ridiculous... and amazing... its not really "attractive" but it is what it is... a winner at the olympia...

Arnold, because....

1). He was totally in porportion
2). He was in love with life and made others feel good
3). He was clever and cunning
4). Could not be beat, because he said he couln't (preasure or what)

He was and is simply the best bodybuilder ever.

I must add here:

1) nobody hates Ronnie
2) Yates was great but not the best ever
3) Zane had the perfect body, anyone wants, but we are talking about the Olympia here and a body like that will never win again.
4) If Ronnie was born some 30 years sooner, maybe he would never had won anything.
5) the Myth should have won in Munich back then in 1972
6) Arnold stopped because of other ($$$$) interests
7) If Arnold would compete today he would still be mr Olympia. Why? Because he is a winner
8) Lee Haney made it 8 times, but everyone is forgetting that Haney was training at Gold's where Arnold trained without (at that time) winning anything decent.....
9) Ronnie could win another 5 times, if he lives long enough...
10) Ronnie cannot count to 3
11) Arnold made it in everything he did/does.
Being mr Olympia, a movie star and now governor of California
12) nobody will ever beat that.

Jeff

do you guys really believe arnold was the best?! i respect him and think he was great! but realisticly he won a few shows because of who he was instead of how he looked....! yates by far did the most w/ what god gave him! and sergio was way before his time, he would dwarf ronnie if he was a modern day athlete!

Sergio should definitely be in that list. Arnold's chest and arms can't be beat though. There's been bigger but no one better.

Arnold would have won til he got to the Masters, then he would win all of them until he quit or died. If you are comparing Arnold to Ronnie and not considering that Ronnie probably takes 5000mg more a week of AS than Arnold and Ronnie takes GH,slin and who knows what else. Then you minds well bring in Eugene Sandow and compare his body to others. It was different times and different rules, but Arnold would take it easily if he played by todays standards.

Back