Votes: 76 19.4%
  • Ronnie Coleman

Votes: 61 15.6%
  • Sergio Olivia

Votes: 15 3.8%

• Total voters
Interesting.

I think you'd have to ask, in what way?

In regard to their contribution to the sport, you can put the input every bodybuilder who ever lived together and it wouldn't be half of what Arnold did. How many non bodybuilders know who Dorian is?

People criticize Arnold's legs, but in top condition they looked pretty damn awesome. It's just become the thing to do. I'll bet there isn't a guy on this board who has better wheels than Arnold at the 74 Mr.O

Zane gets honorary mention because he is the ideal body -- which in a way is what the Olympia should be.

Scott also gets mention becasue he did it for FREE! Also, how many guys you know have 20 inch arms at a weight of 220?

But... (and this is for Jonhnny B) I was at the 1969 Olympia. Now, you young guys are used to seeing freaks all the time, but back then, hardly anybody even worked out. Charles Atlas was leaps and bounds above most physiques. Well, when Sergio stepped on stage, it was the most frightening thing I ever saw in my life. He was SO far beyond everyone else, to put it in perspective, it would be like seeing a guy today as muscular as Ronnie, but 500 pounds. He was that ridiculous.

This thread cracks me up. Ronnie is a true genetic freak. Sure a lot of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) is involved but the fact of the matter is that Ronnie was a big boy before he current reign as mr. o. Arnold would have no frickin chance in hell against ANY of todays pro's. His back was poor and I'm not even going to start w/ his legs. Arnold was the most overrated IMO. Sergio was the best of that era. Dorian took the freak look to a whole new level and w/ his conditioning was impossible to beat. He is my pick. His work ethic is the best I have seen bar none! But, Nobody in the world could ever beat Ronnie at 5'11, 287lbs as he was at the last dance...AMAZING!

T

The shadow was never a showman and some criticise his low key demeanour but I think it added to his aura and he did his talking on stage. Dorian and Ronnie both have a terrific work ethic also and not many could train with these two. It would have been interesting to see them both train together balls to the wall.

Sergio. Waist to shoulder ratio, arms, incredible.
If weider had let him compete in the Olympias after 1973, Arnold wouldnt have had his 6 olympias- I think sergio would have held the title until 1980, if not longer.

Ronnie was not big at all, before the Olympia. Look back in the mags when he had hair and a mustache. Like early 90's. He was cut and semi big. But the earliest pics of Arnold, he was always huge.

No arguement about who is the freakiest but asthetically I would say that Big Ron is the least impressive out of the above mentioned bodybuilders. His nips look Gyno'ed up and well that HGH gut. Need I say more. I voted Dorian because of the dense muscle he carried but in that Arnold Ronnie comparison photo, I think Arnies upper body looks a lot better than Ronnies.

arnold was the greatest, IMO he looks bigger at 230 then the guys at 270. Much better muscle bellys, peaks, and overall development.

Back