who knows how to make a baked potato more interesting while cutting?

minitor2

i put my baked potatoes in the microwave for like 6 mins and then eat them like an apple but its getting too old too fast, anyone have any better ideas even like a healthy mashed idea or something? thanks

minitor2

Sweet potatoes are more nutritious-I like mine cooked in olive oil with garlic, rosemary and sundried tomatoes.

If you like regular potatoes better-try adding hot sauce or tabasco spicy soy sauce.

Cut up a sweet potato in slices or squares, put it in an iron skillet with olive oil, let them brown a little. Then add cut up broccoli and soy sauce and cover to allow the broc to steam.

Don't stir it, rather, use a spatula and and flip them every once in a while to brown the sweet potatos. This is a great side for grilled chicken, steak, or fish.

I do something similar, slice a potato/yam.
Place on a cookie pan covered in aluminum foil (for easy clean up)
lightly oil the foil with olive oil. Put some spices on
( I like the no-name Italian spice mix )
Place in the oven for 20 minutes, turning them once.

I cut my yams into chips, use olive oil cooking spray to coat them. I then use garlic powder, parsley, and franks red hot. Then I broil.

Put pico de gallo and fat free sour cream on your baked potatoes. White potatoes aren't nearly as bad as everyone makes them out to be.

Well, the old standard is the butter spray, gotta have the flavoring. Also, Lawry's makes about 15 different marinades. Two of 'em - Mesquite and Steak Chop - have either 1gram or less of carbs per serving and the only sugar additive is the sixth ingredient, which is used more as a binding agent than flavoring. I use both up to 1 week out from shows - which means I have another 12 days of it ;-) Great on taters, ground turkey, eggs, and beef. Another way is to vut 'em into strips or chips and bake the living hell out of them until they're like hardened steak fries, just spray with a little olive oil so they don't stick.

I bake my sweet potato's in oven wrapped in foil no butter, then slice them and sprinkle with splenda and cinnamon

huskyguy said:
Eliminate the potato your cutting--useless starch

I would agree with this unless your using it as part of your PWO meal, but would also suggest red 'taters instead, again for your PWO meal.

I bake my potatoe in the microwave, chop it up, then add 2 slices of fat free american cheese. It totals to around 14 grams of protien, and it taste a whole lot better then a plain potatoe

I just put a raw potato in the microwave and eat it. I'm just too damn lazy to do anything else. Keeping this up nicely since fries were getting old anyways.
I usually add mayo or salt.
combining it with other stuff like chicken or eggs helps too.

Im a very carb sensitive boy:gay2: I avoid the little bastards like the plague whether cutting or bulking. Id rather eat wheat germ and dry oats with some non fat milk than even one speck of a regular potatoe. :insane2:

Back