who liks to throw the weights around...

panteracfh

Knows whats up
how many of you are the loud ass guy... you know, the guy who just drops the handles on rows...throws the plates on the ground...makes alot of noise during your workout...how many have a guy like this at their gym? how many ARE that guy at their gym?

I might drop them every once in awhile, but of course there is always some dumb shit that yells and screams. We have one that is the typical 170 lb about 6'1". Every time he does arms he supersets barbell curls (40 lb) with pressdowns (maybe like 3 or 4 notches down, on a big stack). With every rep he grunts and at the end of each set he drops the 40 lb barbell walks over to pressdown and proceds his little grunt and scream at which time he lets the v-bar go which sends the plates crashing down and the v-bar hurling upwards hitting the damn machine 3 or 4 times. This continues for a minimum of 30 min, although i have been lucky to see a 60 min session once.

If you have to drop um there to heavy for you, control is part of your strength.

JohnnyB

JohnnyB said:
If you have to drop um there to heavy for you, control is part of your strength.

JohnnyB

yup. if some one came over to my house, and used my gym, and started throwing stuff and dropping or slamming shit..id be pissed. i paid good money for my stuff...id think a public gym owner would feel similar

I only drop the weights because my forearms start to kill me afterawhile. I have no problem banging out solid reps, but by the time I'm done I'm so spent and my forearms get that burn that I just drop those fuckers.

JohnnyB said:

JohnnyB

Preach on JohnnyB. I get so pissed when I'm trying to concentrate on a set, and the guy on the bench next to me throws down his weights. If you can bring it up and press it 8 times, you sure as hell ought to be able to control it well enough to set it down.

I will admit to doing this occasionally on back day when rowing, no other days though. Not being a complete jackass about it, sometimes I just dont set it down like a feather.

Not me, It pisses me off to see the "showboats" dropping the weights just to get people to notice them doing the 65 DB's for reps!

My gym only goes up to the 120's and I finish off with them and set them down easily when done.

It does provide comic relief to watch though

Worse than those who drop the weights are the damn clankers, cracking the dumbells together at the top of the movement. Really annoying, especially when they are only throwing up twenty five pounders.

I dont drop the weights usually but when you are doing the 160s or 170s on incline bench its pretty hard to set them down nice.

Powerlifting and olympic style lifting necessarily involves some dropping of the weights and various noises that are unacceptable in the neon "fitness clubs". I don't like such places and prefer my old downtown dungeon. The place is set up for max efforts with the proper flooring and heavy equipment. No women, no machines, no shower, no sissies........just big guys throwing up big weights. Sweat and chalk.

JohnnyB said:

JohnnyB

I agree 100% watch the Lee Priest video, he goes heavy and never dropped a pound......and every rep was text book.....

I hate sloppy lifters.......it only makes you look like an ass.

lartinos said:
I only drop the weights because my forearms start to kill me afterawhile. I have no problem banging out solid reps, but by the time I'm done I'm so spent and my forearms get that burn that I just drop those fuckers.

use straps, can't drop them with straps.....and you can lift even more weight.

we have this one guy as my gym every time he use bench.... grunts like a gorilla... and when he puts down the weight he stands up and looks in the mirror and says..... your huge... your huge... and then gets back on the bench and does it 4 more times...

its quite funny i love wednesday at the gym........ it kinda makes the long trip there worth that little bit more......

but i agree with johny if you a dropping the weights drop it 5 or 10 pounds........ you just might be able to do it properly..

one more thing one time the guys was doing bench with dumb bells.. (a new guy at our gym) anyways he dropped the dumb bells and it missed the biggest guys in our gyms foot by about not even half a cm... after the warning he got from that guy and the owner i havent seen him for about 4 months...........

i only drop 'em if i am in dat zone !! ya know?? which ha sbeen alot lately....
i just hate those dumb shits who let them tumble and almost snap someones ankle.......

I'm the quite type, but there is a kid at my gym that screams while doing 135lb squats and 95lb bench. I would slap him but I think he might be a girl.

Billy_Bathgate said:
yup. if some one came over to my house, and used my gym, and started throwing stuff and dropping or slamming shit..id be pissed. i paid good money for my stuff...id think a public gym owner would feel similar

I'll tell you other one that gets me, is the guys that can press those 85 or what ever pounders, but doesn't seem to be strong enough to pick um up and put them back or take the plates off the hammer strength. Hell since I'm on pet peeves, people that spit in the drinking fountain. I was ready to fight over that one and I take my own water. Sign of disrespect, in my book. Other people drink from there too.

JohnnyB

Back