Why are people suprised that so many MLB athletes use roids?

Massive123

Knowledge is Power
Are people simply in denial? Talent doesn't pick up at the end of a nearly middle aged athletes career?? Manny Ramirez, Barry Bonds, McGuire, A-Roid, come on!!!

I think people either don't understand the effects of roids or are simply in denial. Personally I think 1 or 2 out of 10 are naturally talented in pro sports. The rest use performance enhancing drugs whether roids, prohormones, whatever. It's so sad that people are still suprised! Has anyone even seen pics of Barry Bonds on the Pirates vs pics the last couple years on re Giants? Night & f'n day!!!

Btw miss muscle I just logged in again & will have to again to submit this!!

Last edited:
Are people simply in denial? Talent doesn't pick up at the end of a nearly middle aged athletes career?? Manny Ramirez, Barry Bonds, McGuire, A-Roid, come on!!!

I think people either don't understand the effects of roids or are simply in denial. Personally I think 1 or 2 out of 10 are naturally talented in pro sports. The rest use performance enhancing drugs whether roids, prohormones, whatever. It's so sad that people are still suprised! Has anyone even seen pics of Barry Bonds on the Pirates vs pics the last couple years on re Giants? Night & f'n day!!!

Btw miss muscle I just logged in again & will have to again to submit this!!

I just think that a lot of people are naive.

And besides, the multimillionaires at the top of each club house have a large say in this also. They have to make it look like they're trying to keep the game "clean" (even though they know it isn't) so that the sport can maintain its dignity. But what people involved in the athletic industry know is that these pro sports produce a lot of revenue. And part of keeping that revenue coming in is to allow the athletes to "cheat" so that they can break these amazing records that keep people coming back to stadiums, which of course goes into their pockets. It's all about money. If the club house owners wanted to test athletes much more often, they could because they have the money to do so. But they know that if they put their best players on the bench for failing a drug test, then less people will come to the games, which means less money goes to them.

Back