Why don't bodybuilders eat pork??

Juicer2222

I've noticed bodybuilders never include pork in their diets? Maybe a select few, but I can't even think of one right now. Is it a coincidence or is there a reason to not eat pork?

And i'm not referring just to bacon. I mean pork chops or tenderloins or ham?? They are higher in fat than chicken, but not crazy high. And not any higher than steak, from what i've seen.

3 oz. serving of pork tenderloin contains 13g of protein. I love it. I see nothing wrong with eating it a couple times a week.

it's a disgusting animal that walks and lays in its own shit. the meat is rude and dirty tasting. not to mention the fact it carries more parasites in its meat then any other animal.
the meat is fatty and has a grainny texture, to make ham taste the way it does, its pumped with over 30 different chemicals.

very rude animal

it's a disgusting animal that walks and lays in its own shit. the meat is rude and dirty tasting. not to mention the fact it carries more parasites in its meat then any other animal.
the meat is fatty and has a grainny texture, to make ham taste the way it does, its pumped with over 30 different chemicals.

very rude animal

the fact that its a dirty animal, who cares. every barn animal is dirty. u eat the inside, not the out. thats like someone not eating beef tongue because they r grossed out because its a tongue. nothing relevant to the meat itself. or where on the animal that the meat comes from.

It looks like a lot of ppl avoid them because their meat can carry more parasites and what not, but as long as u make sure its cooked all the way ur good right? What if its an organic or home-grown? (we have a family hobby farm with pigs and cows)

and the grainy texture, thats a personal flavor/texture preference, which is fine if u dont like pork, but it still doesn't answer if there is a true reason why a bodybuilder wouldn't eat pork besides just a coincidence that many ppl just dont like to eat pork?

and if thats true about ham, that doesnt sound good. what about tenderloins or pork chops?

from all my searches and the responses here, it seems like it really is just a coincidence. sounds like a lot of ppl just dont like to eat pork. but there is really nothing wrong with eating the pork if u like it. I was thinking it had to do with the human body not being able to fully digest pork or something. I know of ppl that have digestion or intestinal issues and they cant eat pork because their body cant digest it whatsoever. so maybe a healthy person cant fully digest it either? That's my idea so far...

i think my post may come off defensive, don't take it personal cyto, i just used ur post to form my response. not trying to offend u or shoot down ur direct thoughts.

Last edited:
you can get away with eating pork.. no.. not bacon :)

lean chops/tenderloins

i personally dont like pig.. but i have at it every once in a while.. like maybe 6 times a year..

None Taken J222

i have had some bad pork in my time.
i use to love it and looked forward to cottage rolls. i cooked one up with spuds and onions and beans. slow cooked all day long. did it just the way mom use to cook it.

i took a bit of the meat and almost puked. i t was dirty tasting.
ever since then anytime i have tried pork i taste the filth. its like its absorbed in to the meat.

it may just be me but i cant eat it any more. and i still look at the pork chops when i shop but i cant do it. that was almost 10 years ago.

very rude animal

please tell me you eat bacon?

Mr P & I love Pork, We usually have it once a week.

I've had turkey bacon and I like it, my kids like it too... But honestly it doesn't compare to BACON !!! I love Bacon :yumyum: I barely eat it thou, maybe once a month :(

Last edited:

very rude animal

"..so, if a pig had personality would it cease to be a filthy animal?"

Cyto had a life changing experience with pork obviously..some foods have done that with me in the past fo sho..
I love pork..smoked, pulled, fried,don t matter. Absolutley love ribs and bacon...

I M O pig s live in their own shit cuz they are foced to not cuz they choose to but that s me.

Some people have pig s as pets..wtf ? i d eat the lil meakll running around my house fo sho..

T

"..so, if a pig had personality would it cease to be a filthy animal?"

Vincent: Want some bacon?
Jules: No man, I don't eat pork.
Vincent: Are you Jewish?
Jules: Nah, I ain't Jewish, I just don't dig on swine, that's all.
Vincent: Why not?
Jules: Pigs are filthy animals. I don't eat filthy animals.
Vincent: Bacon tastes gooood. Pork chops taste gooood.
Jules: Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy motherfucker. Pigs sleep and root in shit. That's a filthy animal. I ain't eat nothin' that ain't got sense enough to disregard its own feces.
Vincent: How about a dog? Dogs eats its own feces.
Jules: I don't eat dog either.
Vincent: Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?
Jules: I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.
Vincent: Ah, so by that rationale, if a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal. Is that true?
Jules: Well we'd have to be talkin' about one charming motherfuckin' pig. I mean he'd have to be ten times more charmin' than that Arnold on Green Acres, you know what I'm sayin'?

Back