wife has stage 4 lung cancer

organdoner

she is out of breath but has no pain. she can eat and wash her self and help care for foster baby from family member BUT she is very religious and doesn't want treatment. she just wants to go be with her LORD. someone please help me understand what is going on. who doesn't want to live ? i'm confused.

A deep faith and an acceptance this is all temporary. My wife would fight tooth and nail. I tend to he more like your wife. If its severe enough, I'll just let it be.

I send positivity to you and yours. Some extra smiles, laughs and good times.

wow bro hope you can get through this ordeal well. is there any chance of recovery with proper treatment?

Man I'm sorry to hear this and all our member will agree and pray.

I went to school 3 years to be certified and qualified as a Jail n Prison Chaplain. Many times these guys pray about the outcome of their cases, County or State Prison and that's a good thing. I try to teach , as we know His Will Be Done therefor it's a better thing to pray that God gives us Peace within, to handle the out come. No matter what we pray for He's got a plan and it might differ from what we want to happen.

Ya know I ask the believers how do you handle the painful things He throws at us. We handle the Blessing, the good with praise and delight. But we seem to get mad at the painful things he throws us. Since it usually is painful , if He gives me strength to continue to pray for wisdom in the matter it might go smoother and a calmer being during the hard and Painful times.

Hang it there buddy and I'll pray that God brings you comfort thru the outcome.

Sincerely , OMM

Man I'm sorry to hear this and all our member will agree and pray.

I went to school 3 years to be certified and qualified as a Jail n Prison Chaplain. Many times these guys pray about the outcome of their cases, County or State Prison and that's a good thing. I try to teach , as we know His Will Be Done therefor it's a better thing to pray that God gives us Peace within, to handle the out come. No matter what we pray for He's got a plan and it might differ from what we want to happen.

Ya know I ask the believers how do you handle the painful things He throws at us. We handle the Blessing, the good with praise and delight. But we seem to get mad at the painful things he throws us. Since it usually is painful , if He gives me strength to continue to pray for wisdom in the matter it might go smoother and a calmer being during the hard and Painful times.

Hang it there buddy and I'll pray that God brings you comfort thru the outcome.

Sincerely , OMM

You said a mouthful there Mike, yes God has His own plans for us and sometimes differs from us as He can see the Eternal picture and how this event in your life may refine you to become the type of person that you need to be.
We hope that it all works out brother and please keep us posted.

she is out of breath but has no pain. she can eat and wash her self and help care for foster baby from family member BUT she is very religious and doesn't want treatment. she just wants to go be with her LORD. someone please help me understand what is going on. who doesn't want to live ? i'm confused.

Sorry to hear about this.
Sounds like your Wife has just made Peace with the Diagnosis.

While she could go through with Treatment, the 5 year survival rate is only around 10%.
So I can understand if she's Not having any Pain, and can Eat and take care of herself.
She's probably worried that if she gets treatment, this will change.
As Chemotherapy can be Brutal on the Body, with Loss of Appetite and Weight and Hair Loss.

So while it's Difficult, you Must Respect her Decision, and try and be Supportive.
She Needs you now more than ever, so Hang in there.............................. JP

My mom had colon cancer when I was 14 and almost died from chemo. She is flagged as being allergic to it basically.

I have no answers. I dont know. We are all different. The worst things happen to the best people and slimy cancers live the high life. I cant say I'm truly committed since I'm not actually in the ********** But I have been in a cancer ward and I knew as a child I'd try to live as much as I could. We are a very diverse group.

I send send more thoughts of a couple more smiles, laughs and good memories. I send thoughts of an easier recovery for you and you loss. I've kissed my wife a couple extra times.

She watched me almost die from seizures. I was blue and had quit breathing but started again on my own. She was shook up. She still is. She thought I died.

thankx all. well the senior family member on her side of the family arrived out of town and told her she was a spoiled brat and always was as a little girl. hey. no one talks to my wife that way! i thought. told her we have no money to bury you. my wife said we have insurance and her aunt told her we gonna cream mate you and spend the rest of the money to have a party. my wife cried and the aunt told her to have wisdom and get the chemo which we did by IV monday. now she is really sick. maybe from the treatment or just failing health. i find out all of the family has keys to the house with things arranged differently. she said no one has tried to wash her or let her brush her teeth. most of the food is gone but she says she didn't eat all the time. the alcohol is gone. dishes in the sink. looks like items rummaged through. i keep everything in one place and know when something was moved etc. family just using this time to do whatever.. that's my fault. hmmmmm. told you OMM about my family. think i need to stop working and be with her full time. my son is here giving her a bath. i thank you all for the responses. she still wants to just be done with it and be with her god but hey she is not in pain just can't breath. i am not anti god just want her to be strong in her faith and have faith in technology. today is a bad day for her. keep us in prayer. now what i really need is help with turning the dining room into a personal space for her like a studio/eff with couch, bed, small refridge, flushable comode etc. a site that provides these things. images of setups. should be easy right ? yes i am a meathead that's not the sharpest tool in the shed. sorry for being long winded just begging for help knowledge or a punch in the face to get me on track. luv yall !

You're doing what you can. Shes your wife and more than likely you know her better than anyone else. Be her advocate like you are. Keep reassuring her like you are. Sometimes all we can do is try.

Take a deep breath of fresh air. Why you exhale, blow some stress and bullshit to me. Like taking some trash out. Send it over here and I'll dispose it.

To organdoner , Oh i just read your update. You know any of us that are down to earth type people with hearts to share would not be able to listen to your story , ongoing, and not feel sympathetic to your plight. Sometimes I get anxious that I cannot help some others ,but I have found that again, I just ask for wisdom and strength. The comfort in that is, If you are a believer and you know the Characteristics of God you can rest assured He can and will help in just the mater of your strength and comfort.

Simple Simon :) I say. He wants us to have Peace and Joy within, from the beginning so I am just praying for His attention to my lack of strength , and humbly acknowledging I need His added strength to get thru the ordeal.

It's tough many of the time. I also have seen no believers just take up some form of prayer to whomever their God and It is form of basic meditation. Prayer then becomes a lil time of Peace.

At this point if you can handle it financial then I would suggest you be pro-active doing what will first help others and that will offer you Peace forever by what you try to do. I know and many can attest if we hold back, .... then sometimes we suffer remorse forever. Simply we gotta do the right thing and lean on the second Command. "Love thy neighbor as thyself ! :)

OK I'll stop and I hope I have not offended anyone by going of with this topic I brought up with OP. I also hope you organdoner are able to find peace as time unfolds.

Hang in , be strong but gentle doing the next right thing buddy,

OMM

Oh listen guy I believe that all our members here will say a prayer no matter what God they follow.

Last edited:
First of all, prayers for your wife and family. Secondly, have you entertained the notion of using cannabis oil? (Also referred to as Rick Simpson Oil) I'm not saying it's a cure, but it may help with the symptoms and there are many who feel it can slow down or even kill cancer. There is a Facebook page that really talks about this and gives great advice. It's called "Phoenix Tears Cannabis Oil Advice with Corrie, Janet and Jenn." Lots of anecdotal information on the use of cannabis oil. Good luck and prayers.

thankx all. well the senior family member on her side of the family arrived out of town and told her she was a spoiled brat and always was as a little girl. hey. no one talks to my wife that way! i thought. told her we have no money to bury you. my wife said we have insurance and her aunt told her we gonna cream mate you and spend the rest of the money to have a party. my wife cried and the aunt told her to have wisdom and get the chemo which we did by IV monday. now she is really sick. maybe from the treatment or just failing health. i find out all of the family has keys to the house with things arranged differently. she said no one has tried to wash her or let her brush her teeth. most of the food is gone but she says she didn't eat all the time. the alcohol is gone. dishes in the sink. looks like items rummaged through. i keep everything in one place and know when something was moved etc. family just using this time to do whatever.. that's my fault. hmmmmm. told you OMM about my family. think i need to stop working and be with her full time. my son is here giving her a bath. i thank you all for the responses. she still wants to just be done with it and be with her god but hey she is not in pain just can't breath. i am not anti god just want her to be strong in her faith and have faith in technology. today is a bad day for her. keep us in prayer. now what i really need is help with turning the dining room into a personal space for her like a studio/eff with couch, bed, small refridge, flushable comode etc. a site that provides these things. images of setups. should be easy right ? yes i am a meathead that's not the sharpest tool in the shed. sorry for being long winded just begging for help knowledge or a punch in the face to get me on track. luv yall !

Hang in there brother, our prayers are with you.

sadly my wife passed on the 16th. in addition to her lungs she had cancer around her heart. after tearing up the house i found the insurance policy by luck. to show you how family is. her sisters went to the bank and demanded access to her accounts and said they would not leave with out it. can you believe this. i'm not in the least bit surprised. that's our family. abnormal. everyone wants to know who's getting the jewelry and wants to come in the house and look around. mind blowing s**t. funeral will be this comming saturday. thanks for the prayers.

sadly my wife passed on the 16th. in addition to her lungs she had cancer around her heart. after tearing up the house i found the insurance policy by luck. to show you how family is. her sisters went to the bank and demanded access to her accounts and said they would not leave with out it. can you believe this. i'm not in the least bit surprised. that's our family. abnormal. everyone wants to know who's getting the jewelry and wants to come in the house and look around. mind blowing s**t. funeral will be this comming saturday. thanks for the prayers.

sorry to hear that bro. sucks to have the greedy family after her cash and stuff.

Back