Will 100mg per week do anything?

G

Gears

Ok so i am new to the forum and new to steriods. I got my doctor to prescribe me 100 mg of Test cyp pw. Is this amount adaquate or should i try and bump it up a bit. My build is kinda fucked up i am 115pounds and 5'6. Super fast metabolism eating 3-4000 calories a day.

my test level was 17.5 nmol/L on the canadian level, something like 500 on the US level

I was also prescribed 100mg per week test cyp.
along with Anasrozole .5mg/week
and HCG

I am 42yr old, 6'2"tall, 255lbs.

I have been taking this for 2months now and barely feeling/seeing any results.

I think for my size I should be doing a bit more. on my own I am upping the dose to like 120mg but that still not helping.
I would like to try up to 200mg a week and see how that feels.

looks like your alot smaller than me so maybe the 100mg is a good start for you.

100mg is way low 350 a week is on the low side.

not if he's on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT).

OP - if you had levels in the 500s why did he prescribe you test? Doesn't sound like you needed it.

plus, at 115lbs you need to learn how to eat if you are wanting to get bigger.

Ok so i am new to the forum and new to steriods. I got my doctor to prescribe me 100 mg of Test cyp pw. Is this amount adaquate or should i try and bump it up a bit. My build is kinda fucked up i am 115pounds and 5'6. Super fast metabolism eating 3-4000 calories a day.

Most importantly, what are your expectations of Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)? What do you want out of this protocol?

If you are looking to build lots of muscle, that is not in alignment with the general objectives of HRT.

If you are looking to feel generally better with a higher energy level, enhanced sense of well-being, improved stamina, and sexual vigor, then that is closer the type of results that one might achieve via HRT.

Regards.

From reading 75mg - 250mg is the range for testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for "most guys" to get your numbers to normal healthy range. You probably won't feel anything but "normal" again if you have been low low for years you might feel like a stud for the first few months but that will become the new "normal" again after you get used to feeling like you should again.... This from what I've read as I just started Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) myself.

Why did your doc put you on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT)? Your total test was 500? What was your E2 and free test?

Age?

No sure on "gains" my guess would be your gym/health gains would be the same as any healthy male with a normal/healthy amount of test in your system (if you eat right).

Last edited:

I have the same exact problem, super fast metabolism, I"m 5'1, 124lbs, but I have a problem eating large portions of food, which can be a problem, I asked my doc about it, he said possible low T

It does for me.

I shoot 120mg of Cyp per week divided into three 40mg shots. I inject on Mon, Wed, and Friday. Combined with Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG), it does the trick for me. My tests always come back a little high for my doctor's liking.

I keep reading that 100mg/week doesn't do much but I'm on 125mg a week with 500iu hcg twice a week and .25 mcg of arimidex every other day. My levels are 910 test and 148.7 free test. e2 is 21

I've been on it for 6 months.

I just re-read my post... didn't mean to sound like a dick. I should have added that I started at 390 test level.... why the heck does it vary so much... one guy gets 900 on 125 and others get 500??

I just re-read my post... didn't mean to sound like a dick. I should have added that I started at 390 test level.... why the heck does it vary so much... one guy gets 900 on 125 and others get 500??

It depends on some different factors. Injections are usually most effective in boosting testosterone levels whereas creams, gels and patches vary because it's dependent on how well the Testosterone is absorbed through the skin.

In the case of injections, it depends at what day he was tested from the last injection. Someone could inject 100mg's and hit 900 but after a few days be much lower around 500-600.

To the original poster: Your baseline testosterone score of 500 doesn't seem TOO low. How well is your thyroid functioning? Do you have any lab values? Having hypothyroidism or even subclinical hypothyroidism down regulates the HPTA axis which decreases testosterone production. Now that you are treating your low test scores, what really needs to be treated is your thyroid (if Thyroid panel is abnormal).

Testicular dysfunction in men with primary hypothyroidism; reversal of hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism with replacement thyroxine

OBJECTIVE Primary hypothyroidism can cause disturbances in normal gonadal function. The aim of this study was to investigate the relationship in men between hypogonadism and primary hypothyroidism and the extent to which free and total testosterone levels rose after introduction of replacement thyroxine.

DISCUSSION We conclude that primary hypothyroidism can induce a state of hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism in men that is reversible with thyroxine replacement therapy. A derangement of gonadotrophin secretion must be present and could be due to either a direct effect of hypothyroidism on the hypothalamus or pituitary, or mediated by perturbations of prolactin levels. Importantly, some of the clinical manifestations of primary hypothyroidism in men may be due in part to a reduction in free testosterone. Further evaluation of this potential clinical interaction would require a controlled trial of androgen replacement in the hypothyroid state. However, the data support the resolution of hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism with thyroxine replacement and restoration of normal thyroid function.

If you still don't feel well, look into hypothyroidism. Maybe it's the last piece of the puzzle.

Testicular dysfunction in men with primary hypothyroidism; reversal of hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism with replacement thyroxine

OBJECTIVE Primary hypothyroidism can cause disturbances in normal gonadal function. The aim of this study was to investigate the relationship in men between hypogonadism and primary hypothyroidism and the extent to which free and total testosterone levels rose after introduction of replacement thyroxine.

DISCUSSION We conclude that primary hypothyroidism can induce a state of hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism in men that is reversible with thyroxine replacement therapy. A derangement of gonadotrophin secretion must be present and could be due to either a direct effect of hypothyroidism on the hypothalamus or pituitary, or mediated by perturbations of prolactin levels. Importantly, some of the clinical manifestations of primary hypothyroidism in men may be due in part to a reduction in free testosterone. Further evaluation of this potential clinical interaction would require a controlled trial of androgen replacement in the hypothyroid state. However, the data support the resolution of hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism with thyroxine replacement and restoration of normal thyroid function.

If you still don't feel well, look into hypothyroidism. Maybe it's the last piece of the puzzle.

I have hypothyroid, and my Test #s were low. I have been on synthroid now for 2 weeks. So, it is plausible that my test #'s will self correct when my thYroid is straight?
If so, I may need to hold off on starting my testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) that I am supposed to start this week.

Back