Will Propecia not work if I'm on TRT?

Dlove

Product of Test
I'm on doctor perscribed test 200mg Every two weeks hoping to go to every week. I also just started propecia and Minoxidil 2% a few months ago.

I went to the endo today and he told me that I''m wasting my money with the Propecia. He forgot or I forgot to talk about the minoxidil and if that would help for hair loss. This doc has been wrong about some other things so I thought I would ask here if you guys are familiar with propecia and minoxidil while being on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) or you guys that just cycle that have tried the two? Thank's again

I take them both and have had little hair loss while cycling. I have had transplants as did one of my brothers ( both have little hair ) Neither ever took propecia and stopped minox and kept on losing. I am 55 and I have thinned but maintained quite a bit through science. Your Dr is an idiot who probably thinks transplants don't work either.

i dont see why it wouldnt work, it doesnt matter where the test comes from, test is test.

it converts to DHT and hits the scalp. the more test you take, the more DHT you will make. so if anything, since propecia is just a DHT blocker, it should work better for testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) than cycling.

honestly ive never used the stuff though man.

Be careful with the propecia, it can make you go limp, even on TRT. there is a site with a lot of great info called propeciahelp dot com.

Last edited:
Your physician is wrong about the Propecia not being beneficial while on HRT.

It is 100% effective with supplemented test. I've been on HRT for over a year now and used Propecia for the past 17 years.

If you are inclined to MPB, a higher level of DHT from the conversion of your supplemented test will accelerate the MPB.

Use Propecia and the Rogaine 5% topical foam together. Get your MD to prescribe Proscar in 5 mg tabs. Your insurance will cover the Proscar but not the Propecia. Cut the 5 mg tabs into 4 pieces (1.25 mg each) and take one piece every day.

Last edited:
I respect his opinion but there are some data that he chooses not to address.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1743-6109.2011.02255.x/abstract

First, the study from which he draws his comments clearly states that the subject group all reported sexual side effects so everyone in this study was selected to be in the study based on the fact that they had issues while using fina. That alone will guarantee the findings that fina produces sexual side effects.

Also, the subject group was small (n=71) when compared to the 16,000+ subject who have participated in the 248 previous studies from 1994 to the present.

Furthermore, the authors note that it was an atypical subset of the general population heretofore studied. Therefore the generalizability of the findings are limited.

Lastly, there was no pre-testing done to establish any kind of baseline for comps among the subjects.

So, with all drugs, there is the potential for unwanted outcomes.

Last edited:
I think I will keep truckin with the propecia and rogaine. Thanks a lot for telling me about the proscar Cash Out, I hope my insurance covers it I'm paying 66 dollars a month now for the propecia.

So there 's a rogaine foam instead of this minoxidil squirt dropper I'm using?

I think I will keep truckin with the propecia and rogaine. Thanks a lot for telling me about the proscar Cash Out, I hope my insurance covers it I'm paying 66 dollars a month now for the propecia.

Much cheaper the Proscar way - get him to script you for 90 tabs. My copay for that is 30 bucks - 10 per per 30 tabs (1 month supply). Cut each into four parts and presto - you have 360 days worth of meds for a mere $30!

Yeah, go with the foam. It has a better retention on the affected area. Simply, it sticks in place whereas the liquid tends to roll off.

Go to Sams Club and you can get 4 cans of the 5% foam for $50 bucks. Each can will last 30 days. At that rate, you can get a year's worth for $150.

So for a grand total of $180 per year, you are covered on the hair thing.

Call Walmart they have proscar cheap. I buy 90 pills and that lasts me a year.

I think I respect cashouts opinion more than anything I've read. He has years of personal and other experience and I trust what he tells me. Propecia and rogain foam works very well while on test. I had to stop use so I could use some deca but will be back on it as soon as I'm done. I did continue the foam though.

I think I respect cashouts opinion more than anything I've read. He has years of personal and other experience and I trust what he tells me. Propecia and rogain foam works very well while on test. I had to stop use so I could use some deca but will be back on it as soon as I'm done. I did continue the foam though.

Just curious why you would need to stop taking propecia while on deca?

Just curious why you would need to stop taking propecia while on deca?

Nandrolone reduces via the 5-alpha reductase enzyme to dihydronandrolone - a less androgenic form of nandrolone. Propecia blocks that reduction. Therefore the nandrolone is not reduced in one's body and is considerably more androgenic and detrimental to one's hair line than if it were otherwise DHN.

Cashout - once you implement proscar and rogaine.....how long before you would expect cessation of shedding caused by TRT?

Would lowering the dose of test help at this point?

My dose was 420.....I'm dropping to 210 mg EW.

Do you think that is enough to combat shedding.....along with propecia (soon proscar) and rogaine?

Back