Workout Schedule.... Veterans your advice is needed

3rdinfintry

I see so many threads about what days to do what body part etc..

If a person wanted to train 6 days a week with 1 off day.

Back
bi
chest
tris
shoulders
legs

What order would you put them in? Would you combine?

I would love to see what people think..

I have always had trouble with this..

i dont exactly have a set day for a certain body part , but work them in a certain fashion for specific reason . so monday doesnt mean im going to do legs , ill do what i feel that day . exp , monday - chest and bi's / tuesday - shoulders /wednesday - traps and tri's / thursday - abs ( and touch up on parts id like more work on) friday- legs / saturday- back
/ sunday - off ....purposely try and keep back and bi's and chest and tris a few days apart , because it like u work them out twice a week . because u work out those muscles secondarily on back and chest ( bi's and tri's )

Mon- Chest/Triceps
Tues- Back/Biceps
Wed- Delts/Traps
Thrs-Legs
Fri- Ill brush up a little on chest and arms.
Off sat/sun(some sundays Ill hit legs again)

I change it up all the time. I never do more than 3 weeks with the same schedule. Sometimes back/biceps, chest triceps and sometimes bi's and tri's on the same day or back/legs etc. Try to keep the body in shock. Most of our bodies acclimate fast to our training so mix it up.

May not be an AAS vet but the training i got! 7 day split training

Day 1: Back
Day 2: Chest
Day 3: Off or Legs
Day 4: Off or Legs
Day 5: Shoulders
Day 6: Arms - Bi / Tris / Forearms
Day 7: Off

This way you have a break between deadlifts (on leg day) and squats, and a day pause between chest and shoulders (both tricep dependent push parts).

Now if youre saying to yourself "but i dont do [heavy] squats and/or deadlifts", then you, my friend, have a serious problem :D

Just throwing my 2 cents in, I have been bodybuilding for 5 years now. Technically 4 or 3.5 bc of learning, mistakes and researching. I started out at 130, went up to 200 in almost 2 years. Plateaued a couple times, switched up workouts like different muscles on different days, and saw good gains. My friend gave me a book to read, it was called high intensity training. Its a book about the training methods of arthur jones (nautilis). Well long story short it basically teaches full body workouts every other day. No leg days, arms days, just full body workouts UNTIL MUSCLE FAILURE FOR EVERY MUSCLE every other day. Since starting this method Im at a lean 185 and just my arms have grown by 3/4 of an inch, in the past 6 months(not using gear). Look into it.

You can do it however you want but just remember, if you break down the muscle like you should in a workout, it needs at least 4 to 5 days to recover. If you work it out before it fully recovers, it doesn't get a chance to grow. That's the whole point, break down the muscle, feed it and it will grow bigger.

Just throwing my 2 cents in, I have been bodybuilding for 5 years now. Technically 4 or 3.5 bc of learning, mistakes and researching. I started out at 130, went up to 200 in almost 2 years. Plateaued a couple times, switched up workouts like different muscles on different days, and saw good gains. My friend gave me a book to read, it was called high intensity training. Its a book about the training methods of arthur jones (nautilis). Well long story short it basically teaches full body workouts every other day. No leg days, arms days, just full body workouts UNTIL MUSCLE FAILURE FOR EVERY MUSCLE every other day. Since starting this method Im at a lean 185 and just my arms have grown by 3/4 of an inch, in the past 6 months(not using gear). Look into it.

HELL to the f*** no. your body needs way more rest than that!

EDIT: lol maybe not YOUR body but the majority do

I wasnt completely clear. With Arthur Jones' method, one would work out full body 3 times a week. When you start to feel yourself plateau, you drop it to 2 days a week, and then even one day a week. I mean, it works for me, dont knock it. Read the book, its like 200 pages, 2-3 hours of reading. Arthur Jones was quite the genius. He's worked with the top bodybuilders of the 70's and 80's. Do yourself a favour and check it out. Im sure you can torrent the book. I know its on google books, but i dont know if its a preview or full book.

I've done 6 days a week workouts with success...but the toll on my joints was very rough. 5 is the maximum I'll go now. Based on your pics from your other thread I would say you should focus on legs and traps.

Edit: Possibly have a quad dominant day and a hamstring dominant day and a set of shrugs at the end of every workout higher reps.

May not be an AAS vet but the training i got! 7 day split training

Day 1: Back
Day 2: Chest
Day 3: Off or Legs
Day 4: Off or Legs
Day 5: Shoulders
Day 6: Arms - Bi / Tris / Forearms
Day 7: Off

This way you have a break between deadlifts (on leg day) and squats, and a day pause between chest and shoulders (both tricep dependent push parts).

Now if youre saying to yourself "but i dont do [heavy] squats and/or deadlifts", then you, my friend, have a serious problem :D

What if a bad back restricts you from doing those?

I've done 6 days a week workouts with success...but the toll on my joints was very rough. 5 is the maximum I'll go now. Based on your pics from your other thread I would say you should focus on legs and traps.

Edit: Possibly have a quad dominant day and a hamstring dominant day and a set of shrugs at the end of every workout higher reps.

I was just going to ask what you suggest .

Thanks

What if a bad back restricts you from doing those?

Eh that would be unfortunate. For squats i suppose if you can get heavy leg presses or hack squats in it would be a reasonable substitute (but really squats are king!)

Also a technique would be to pre-exhaust your quads and glutes then do squats with lighter weights if you can tolerate them.

Also i would never go heavy with squats and deads without a proper belt. I have a forever 10mm inzer belt and it was the best 60-70$ ive spent on anything - ever, and thats no exaggeration!

Last edited:
Eh that would be unfortunate. For squats i suppose if you can get heavy leg presses or hack squats in it would be a reasonable substitute (but really squats are king!)

Also a technique would be to pre-exhaust your quads and glutes then do squats with lighter weights if you can tolerate them.

Also i would never go heavy with squats and deads without a proper belt. I have a forever 10mm inzer belt and it was the best 60-70$ ive spent on anything - ever, and thats no exaggeration!

I can tolerate light squats 180 max or I can move for 2 weeks.. Two slipped disks

I started pairing muscles like this when I plateaud. Made a big difference. All the blood is flowing to your arms during triceps anyway, why not just do biceps. Same with chest and back

Monday: Chest and back
Wednesday: biceps and triceps
Friday: shoulder and legs
Sled pulls Saturday

Madcow 5x5 3 days/week. Natural and my strength skyrocketed. That was the 1st 5x5 I did though. Otherwise I would do 4 sets of 8 or a Pyramid.

6 days a week of weights is way too much for me. If you can get away with that and recover fine then you're probably not hitting it hard enough. Below is my current routine, focused on bringing my upper body up since my legs are tree trunks already.

Sun: Legs
Mon: Chest/Back
Tue: off
Wed: Shoulders/Arms
Thurs: off
Fri: Chest/Back
Sat: off

Back