You Wanna See gains (PICS)-watch my Log!

barrysanders

LIVING THE DREAM
BULKING CYCLE:
I have been conditioning for 5 months to start my first cycle; getting diet focused & getting my frame just right for heavy lifting.

28, 201lbs, 16 1/2 arms, bench 405, decline 455, squat 550, deadlift 365.

Diet: 600 carbs, 350 protein, 4000-6000calories every day. I'm not going to list all the supplements I take but includes he basics, protein/carb powders, multi, creatin, thistle, etc (I have found a great stack for depending on what I want to do; totaling about 10-15 different supps).

I have been lifting for more than 10 years, but have been lifting heavy for about 4. When I started 4 years ago I weighed about 155lbs got up to 175 naturally, then took a PH and gained about 20lbs; kept about 15lbs putting me around 185. In the past 6 months I have done another PH and it has put me a little over 200lbs. My goal is to get to around 225 and then start to shred. I went to a doctor about 2 months ago and had my test levels checked. I'm a little below average (runs in my family) in my levels.

My workout schedule 5 on 2 off. Chest, back, off, arms, off, shoulders, legs (Most the time my off days are still at the gym working my quads and arms (defining nothing heavy).

GOAL: I really would like to get my arms to around 18" and build my lower chest a little more. Also, I will be working on gaining some mass on my calves and building up my lower back which is very weak. My strengths are my quads,upper chest, upper back. Please critique my pics anyway you would like (thats why i'm posting them).

MY CYCLE
Dbol: Kick start; 40MG ED for 4 weeks
Test E: 700MG split Monday/Thursday 14 weeks.

PCT: Aromasin (doing ED during cycle), Nolvadex after cycle is over.

This will be my first injection cycle. I have been doing research for about 6 months. I have everything set and ready to go. REMEMBER: I will not be starting my cycle until around August 1st (because I need the time off from my PH). So, I will be starting the actual log then.

Last edited:
My suggestions are to bak off carbs some and put in some fats. OR carb cycle so you can have a high carb day.

I would suggest not training 5 days in a row; a lot on the CNS.

First cycle? No need for 700mg test

I have the shredding cycle down to a science- I can get down to 7-8% BF pretty easy with the diet and Cardio that I do. I just want to gain as much as possible hence the high carb intake. The test I have is 350ml per CC, thats the rational for me doing 700 per week. I also ready a few studies that mentioned doing that dose was all-in-all safe & beneficial depending on diet and other habits (300 VS 600 posted by StoneCold).

Yeah, I split my workouts mon-chest, Tues-back, Wed-off, thur-arms, Friday-off, Sat-shoulders, Sunday-legs.

Last edited:
I have the shredding cycle down to a science- I can get down to 7-8% BF pretty easy with the diet and Cardio that I do. I just want to gain as much as possible hence the high carb intake. The test I have is 350ml per CC, thats the rational for me doing 700 per week. I also ready a few studies that mentioned doing that dose was all-in-all safe & beneficial.

Yeah, I split my workouts mon-chest, Tues-back, Wed-off, thur-arms, Friday-off, Sat-shoulders, Sunday-legs.

Its beneficial but not sure why you would want to start with a higher dose. You would see results at 350mg a week. Then your next cycle go to 700mg.

Good point. I have a little below average test levels so I'm assuming the extra 100mg will suffice to make up the difference. If I had high or even average levels I def. would just do 600mg split.

Damn dude your looking good. nice framework and shit. I def. like your idea of gaining just a little more weight then shredding down. you def. got some strength benching and squating that much. your doing strength routine???

War-Really???? Let me educate :)
Good carbs, are a absolute must in a bulking cycle. There are really two windows of opportunity for good carb intake. First, is in the morning. Your body sleeps 7-8 hours and fasting takes place dehydrating your body of carb intake, consuming carbs at this point does a great thing, activates receptor sites. Secondly, right after a workout is prime. Consuming carbs puts the body into a so called anabolic state (muscle building).

War- Your absolutely right though about one thing. Too many carbs=fatty tissue which none of us want. You need to calculate how much to intake. First figure out how many calories you need to successfully add muscle mass to your body. "A good guideline to go by is to take your current body weight (in pounds) and multiple this by 16 calories if all you are doing is lifting weights and are pretty sedentary the rest of the time, or 18 calories if you are performing more cardio activity or have an active lifestyle (have a job where you are moving around much more)."

Once you've got that number, then you can figure out your carbohydrate needs.

In order to gain muscle then, you're going to have to supply your body with more energy than it needs just to sustain itself so that it has this extra energy to put forth to building new muscle mass tissue. Carbs ARE necessary for any bodybuilding espcially going through a bulking phase. I really try to get around 600-700 carbs everyday-thats is a little extensive; however, I can easily go from 11-13% BF to 8% without blinking twice. Shredding is my favorite cycle & I dont have to worry about eating all those carbs cutting back to below 200 each day (meat, meat, meat).

Since carbohydrates are the preferred source of fuel by the working muscle tissues, it only makes sense to eat more carbohydrates, rather than getting the extra calories from protein or fat (although some do prefer fat, however this is an entirely different diet approach).

It's a good idea to aim for at least 1.5 to two grams of carbs per pound of body weight, however this can easily be raised up to three or four depending on your calorie needs. For those of you who have an extremely fast metabolism, you're likely going to find that you simply require huge amounts of carbs if you hope to achieve the calorie target you're aiming for.

Last edited:
barrysanders, thx brah :)

I want to run the same cycle as you next week, but Im not sure what to run for post cycle therapy (pct). Is clomid only will be enough? If so, how long I should run it and what dosage?

barrysanders, thx brah :)

I want to run the same cycle as you next week, but Im not sure what to run for post cycle therapy (pct). Is clomid only will be enough? If so, how long I should run it and what dosage?

War-I would say no that Clomid is not enough. I'm not a huge fan of clomid-PROS are better than nolva for HTPA regernation, Less heptatoxicity and does not lower IGF. CONS- less effective against gyno then nolva, can cause elevated emotions, blurred vision (the reason why I dont take it) & hot flashes. If gyno starts you need something to hit it hard like an AI: arimidex, aromason, letro if ridicously bad.

I would take either your clomid or Nolva along with an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) (which can all be found by our RUI sponser above). Hope that helps!

Doseage for clomid is 100-200mg/100mg/50mg/50mg (for a 4 week cycle)
Aromasin 12.5-25mg ED through Cycle and about 2 weeks after (is what works for me)
Nolvadex 40/40/20/20 (however, I do 40/20/20/20).

PCT: Its really a crap shoot on what works for each individual. Unfortunately, I have not been in the game that long to experiment on certain things. My fortay, is diet, workout program, PH's, and PCT's pertaining to myself at this point. However, I have done years and years of research on steriods but still feel like I know nothing since I have never really used injectables.

Last edited:
Anzel-if you PM me I can give you some info without a problem. I want to keep this thread just pertaining to my log and suggestions during my cycle. Thanks!

FYI: There is a whole section on steriodology on PH's that is very helpful. Just use the search button above to get specifics on certain topics.

Last edited:
War-I would say no that Clomid is not enough. I'm not a huge fan of clomid-PROS are better than nolva for HTPA regernation, Less heptatoxicity and does not lower IGF. CONS- less effective against gyno then nolva, can cause elevated emotions, blurred vision (the reason why I dont take it) & hot flashes. If gyno starts you need something to hit it hard like an AI: arimidex, aromason, letro if ridicously bad.

I would take either your clomid or Nolva along with an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) (which can all be found by our RUI sponser above). Hope that helps!

Doseage for clomid is 100-200mg/100mg/50mg/50mg (for a 4 week cycle)
Aromasin 12.5-25mg ED through Cycle and about 2 weeks after (is what works for me)
Nolvadex 40/40/20/20 (however, I do 40/20/20/20).

PCT: Its really a crap shoot on what works for each individual. Unfortunately, I have not been in the game that long to experiment on certain things. My fortay, is diet, workout program, PH's, and PCT's pertaining to myself at this point. However, I have done years and years of research on steriods but still feel like I know nothing since I have never really used injectables.

So, arimidex and novla is best in your opinion? Well, I might buy some arimidex, but it will cost me like whole cycle @ lol.

But Im still not sure. It will be my 1st cycle aswell, maybe I dont get any gyno without AI's or its better to be on a safe side? :)

looking good buddy. the only criticism i would have is that your chest looks a bit out of proportion in top left pic but that could just be the pose.

War-It really depends on how prone you are to gyno. I'm assuming since this is your first cycle that your going to do others as well. Just buy the nolva and keep it on hand just in case symptoms occur. You can find sources that are relatively cheap and will last through a couple cycles if needed.

9lives- I'm hoping its just the picture/angle that I'm at. I need to work on my lower chest so any advice to help fill that out just let me know.

looking good brother! you should see some nice gains from this cycle...i would definitely work more on your chest and your shoulders to get them up to par with the rest of your body.

bro, how close are you to starting your cycle now?? what percentage BF are you 9-10%? Also, im the same height but 25lbs less in mass. Do you have any ideas on how long it would take me to get to your size?

PS. I just noticed that you had pretty good lats- are you doing anything special for them?

Let's see, I will be starting my first pin around 2 weeks from now. I finish up my post cycle therapy (pct) at the end of this week, and then that gives me about 2 weeks with all natuals. I have wrote on other threads about my post cycle therapy (pct) and STILL I have succeeded my own expectations. Meaning, that I'm still gaining weight (slower of coarse) and didn't lose much strength, if any, at all.

However, as I mentioned in prior threads, I'm very very strict on my diet and my exercise program (5000-6000 cals, 500-600 carbs, 300-400 pro; every day). The only thing that I do have trouble with sometime is sleepiness at night, which I'm assuming it due to the fact that I have been taking my Nolva & Aromasin right before I go to bed. If I had to do it over I would take them first thing in the morning.

BF %, I usually don't check during bulking phases but I'm assuming I'm more around 13-15% to be honest.

To answer your other question about how long it would take to get ot my size. I'm unsure to be quite honest. I'm very dedicated to my diet, workouts, and sleep time. I don't drink any alcohol (even though I love it), and my job allows me quite a bit of free time to spend on this lifestyle. I personally can pretty easily gain 30lbs within one cycle and keep growing with my post cycle therapy (pct). For others, it just doesn't happen. I just can't answer your question sorry. I can give you a specifc workout routine, diet plan, and cycle for you to take and if you follow it to the "T" I'm sure you will get the same results (PM me if you want this).

Lat question- My workout plan hits lats close to twice a week with the different exercises that I do. Also, I take one day a month and focus JUST on lats (making sure that I get a specific pump on my lats alone). However, mine are not really that big compared to others-but thanks!

Back