8 or 10 week cycle? I have 5g of test prop..

Test Rage

Skinny Mon
I am planning on doing my first cycle later this year. I will only have 5 grams of test propionate. Im 5'9'' and will be around 175 lbs at 9-10% when I begin cycle. I am squared away on all my ancillaries and PCT stuff. I just want to get some experienced opinions on whether I should:

10 week cycle at 400mg per week
or
8 week cycle at 500mg per week?

Thanks for the input!

Last edited:
I did 100eod for my first cycle and I used prop. 350 is good for a first cycle using prop. It ends up being a little shy of actual test compared to a longer ester test cuz the longer the ester the more weight it takes up. It's like 50 less or something-been awhile since I did the math-but do the 400 for ten weeks. I did 14 weeks at 350 for my first cycle with var the last 5 weeks and I loved it.

Why not do 400 for 12 weeks or 500 for 10 weeks?

What else will you be using on cycle and for PCT?

These are the options i meant to say. I am leaning towards the 12 weeks at 400. From what I here this will provide enough to grow. I will run proviron the last month while on at 50 mg per day.

Last edited:
I think you'll find if you only have 5g of prop, due to waste you'll run out before getting a full 12 weeks @ 400 (4.8g is a bit ambitious depending how careful you are)

But even if you end up getting 350/wk it'll still come close to doubling (or maybe tripling, who knows) your natural T production.

I am planning on doing my first cycle later this year. I will only have 5 grams of test propionate. Im 5'9'' and will be around 175 lbs at 9-10% when I begin cycle. I am squared away on all my ancillaries and PCT stuff. I just want to get some experienced opinions on whether I should:

or

Thanks for the input!

Go for the 12 weeks at 400mg for sure. For me those last weeks of the cycle is where I gain the most.

Also It would be a lot better if you had test e or c because of the pinning. You are going to need to have at least 6 injection spots to rotate because with those virgin muscles pinning EOD they're going to be sore.

it would be ideal if you could get your hands on some test cyp or test E as well.. pin the test prop eod to get your levels up quicker as planned and ADD the test E at 300-400 mg a week as a long esther to carry you through a longer 14+ week cycle... if you cut yourself too short your going to be starting your PCT right when your body is primed for muscle building.
Believe me, when you hit 8 weeks in first cycle your NOT going to want to run out of gear and be off cycle!!

Weren't you only mentioning in a post not too long ago you were too young to gear and you were just here to "gather information"?

Weren't you only mentioning in a post not too long ago you were too young to gear and you were just here to "gather information"?

Glad to see you remembered me Rasta. Well, I mentioned in previous thread, as well as above, that I will be in the 175lb range before beginning. Soo, if its fall/winter 2014 or fall/winter 2015 when I start... who knows. Thanks for caring tho

I think you'll find if you only have 5g of prop, due to waste you'll run out before getting a full 12 weeks @ 400 (4.8g is a bit ambitious depending how careful you are)

But even if you end up getting 350/wk it'll still come close to doubling (or maybe tripling, who knows) your natural T production.

Sounds legit. I most likely will get my hands on more shit before I begin. I'm still quite a ways out.

Glad to see you remembered me Rasta. Well, I mentioned in previous thread, as well as above, that I will be in the 175lb range before beginning. Soo, if its fall/winter 2014 or fall/winter 2015 when I start... who knows. Thanks for caring tho

Just looking out for you, bro! It's great to see you are actually doing your research and contributing before taking the plunge. Not just, "I read one paragraph about the importance of test for a first cycle in the stickies and I think I'm ready for a dbol only cycle" like most other younger blokes do!

:p

I vote longer as well. I find keeping the gains are easier the longer your body holds the muscle, hence being on cycle longer. Of course recovery is gonna be more challenging as well. If you gained 15 pounds on cycle in 8 weeks and then suddenly stop your gonna lose more than if you gained 15 pounds in 8 weeks but continued on cycle for 12 weeks. Your body has been carrying that weight for an additional 4 weeks. 16 weekers ftw tho. Just my two cents.

8 weeks would be enough for maximum gains, its fast acting test and you will stop making gains at some point.. probably arouind 8th week (were not all the same could be 10) . I'd vote for 12 weeks tho, like davesah1 said, your body will have more time to get used to that new muscle mass. You might lose less mass when you come off. ITs all broscience tho :)

Love prop but for a first cycle it might get to be rather tiresome, and you might find it rather painful. Need to pin that stuff ED. 8 weeks should be sufficient, 10 would be as long as i would go for first go round. i like 100mgs EOD. Have fun.

Just do 350a week doses at 100eod. That will last 14 weeks. You will love it and you will have an easier time keeping your muscle. Slow and steady wins the race, brother.

or

Thanks for the input!

Why not just run 100-150mg eod til ur gear is done... no need to care about if it's 10, 11, or 12 weeks

Run ur adex or aromasin start to finish and clomid/nolva pct 1 week after last inject

Back