Aching bones!

norlak

Hi,

I've recently experienced a lot of aching in my bones, but only in my forearms and elbows... It almost feels afterwards like they've been in an arm lock or similar.

I train 4 days a week, 5x5 routine.

Why am I experiencing this aching? Its only happened recently, during the last month, and Ive trained the same way for years, so I doubt its my form.

I drink quiet a lot of milk, about 1 liter a day, so I reckon i get enough calcium...

How can I prevent this aching / are there any supplements I can take?

/Rob

Well, if you're experiencing pain in your ELBOWS, it's likely not bone pain. Are you doing a lot more skullcrushers than usual or cable triceps extensions? These excercises both place quite a bit of stress on your elbows. I cannot do either, they will both cause elbow pains. Basically, any excercise where the direction of the resistance is parallel to your arm and perpendicular to your forearm at the point of most resistance will cause elbow damage to some people.

Try close grip incline bench press for your triceps instead. Or any other excercise where the weight applies stress in a way that is parallel to your forearm at all/most times.

possibly the heavy weight taking a toll on tendons and muscles in that area. I experience the same thing when I do 5x5. it's usually an annoying tickeling feeling. whaat help me was doing thorough streching about 5 mins on each part i was about to exercise.

How old are you? Age can play a factor. Also repetition to joints such as never changing up an exercise or even too many reps could be the cause of this. Could be any factor especially because of lifting so much weight and our bodies can only take so much. Have you had a decent break as of lately to heal? 2 weeks minimum? Also are you taking any supplements such as glucosamin? Are you on any gear?

could definitely be tendon or muscle fascia issues...almost like shin splints, but in your forearms.
are there any exercises that noticeably aggravate it?

I was going to post the same message. Now 43 and still lifting heavy as I can. My forearms and elbow area are real sore after chest and tri day. Not sure how to fix the soreness. My arms become very stiff a day after a workout. Any ideas??? Thanks

Hi guys!

Thanks for the advice!

I will take a break for a week and see if it gets better, powerstroke32.
Dborga: Yep its usually after chest and tri day.

I will try close grip for my tris!

Thanks again guys, will come back with improvements I hope!

Back