alcohol question

matathom

im taking injectables and i haven't drank in 6 weekds out of my 10 week cycle. Me being a college student, the urge to have a drink is KILLING me. I have held up well so far, but i'm thinking it won't kill me to drink at a summer party coming up. I know it's not too good of an idea, but what would be the smarter thing to drink, beer or liquor? I'm going to drink in moderation and be smart about it but i was wondering what would be the best thing for me to drink

IMO don't drink at all on your cycle. Even after your cycle during your post cycle therapy (pct) you shouldn't drink, reason being is that if one drinks you don't eat right and that is very important during and after your cycle.

thats just my opinion....

Train is right. It really is about restriction...I do drink on cycle sometimes as much as twice a week - but I keep my diet (other then the cals associated with the alcohol). It's very hard to be drunk and come home to ingest a proper meal...then wake up the next morning and do the same thing PLUS hit the gym with a hangover. I never drink before a training day, consume lots water and make sure to keep the diet and don't go too crazy with the drinking. To be blunt most people BB in order to look good to get girls, if your competitive I would eliminate drinking, but if your not then if you can enjoy your self in moderation I think it's acceptable.

well i'm not competitive, and i do plan on drinking in moderation, but which would be healthier on my body to drink? or does it matter?

matathom said:
well i'm not competitive, and i do plan on drinking in moderation, but which would be healthier on my body to drink? or does it matter?

In most cases, I'd say that beer would be the better choice. It's all relative though. It really depends on your total alcoholic consumption. Beer is roughly 5% per volume, vodka 40%, so on and so forth.

On the other hand, you have to add up the calories. With beer, unless it's Michelob Ultra or one of the other low calorie ones out there, the calories are going to add up quickly. Atleast with rum or vodka, you can minimize calories by using diet soda and juice.

All in all, it's best not to drink while on cycle, or at the very least minimize it to one or two drinks once or twice per week. Convert your drinking urges into chasing tail urges and hit up some of those college chicks.

Drinking in moderation means 1-2 beers/day.

If you can do that, then great. The problem is, after the first 1-2 go down, it seems like the others come easy.

And it isn't like three beers is only 50% worse than two. It doesn't work like that; it is much worse.

fuck it man . drink your ass off. are you doing a compitition or anything in the near future. if not might as well have fun you only live once

I always recommend no drinking but a couple beers wont hurt ya if you can limit yourself to a beer an hour your body can proccess it. its sometimes easier to say ok 1 beer an hour than to say ok im gonna slam these 2 or 3 and quit.I always experienced ferocious hangovers while on juice.

I've always tolerated alcohol better ON CYCLE than OFF. I would have to drink twice as much (on cycle) to get the same buzz when (off).

pineapple said:
I've always tolerated alcohol better ON CYCLE than OFF. I would have to drink twice as much (on cycle) to get the same buzz when (off).
How was your liver?

mranak said:
How was your liver?
lol Mranak man, you gotta take it easy man, relax a little, you gotta look at things on the bright side.

Instead of saying "you're gonna fry your liver with that shit", ...
...go with "at least it will still function, somewhat." :laugh3:

Liver's good tho, no complaints. Plus, I'd only drink no more than 3 times per year.

I was always told NEVER to drink on cycle because your liver is already being maxed, just worse for it. I never had a drink until recently..fuck it, all about moderation.

If you have to drink, the clear liquors are the best like Vodka or a Chardonay for wine. Less cals as well, lol!

Chardonay has less calories? Than what, a slice of cheesecake? LOL

Thought to ponder... If you are paying good money to take gear and aiming for a goal, why compromise both the goal and your health while blowing money doing so?

^ Than beer or other alcohol smart ass...Im just giving him options if hes gonna drink. Im not here to lecture, lol! Im sure he knows the ramifications of drinking and doing aas.

mick-g said:
^ Than beer or other alcohol smart ass...Im just giving him options if hes gonna drink. Im not here to lecture, lol! Im sure he knows the ramifications of drinking and doing aas.

Not being a "smart ass", but a single 4 ounce glass of chardonnay has roughly 90 calories versus a 12 ounce glass of beer that has roughly 150

Chardonnay = 22.5 cals per ounce
Beer = 12.5 cals per ounce

Im sure he knows the ramifcations as well, i was just pointing out some simple logic. also, alcohol is alcohol and the color of it has little bearing.

^ Anyone i have talked to say to drinking "clear" liquors and if you have to drink they are the least harmfull. As far as cals go, i think you get more fat off beer then liquor..that is refined, unless perhaps you are drinking the low fat/cal beer. I don't think it matters to ppl much at these parties, but i think most will have Vodka.

Last edited:
Back