And New!!!

dirkdiggler9969

Alright, suppose Brock doesn't test positive in a week or so, who is gonna beat him now?

Mir, Congo, Nog, Coleman, Carwin? Out of that group I'd have to say Carwin might have the best shot. I know he's green but he's a beast and is the only guy near Brock in size. I don't think Mir could win again and I think Brock is smart enough ( did I just say that?) to take Congo down asap. I also don't feel that Nog could handle him either. I personally hate Nog. He seems like the nicest guy ever, borderline gay, but I haven't been impressed by him at all in the last couple years. He sucked against Silva and didn't look good against Herring either. Coleman... com'on man.

Another interesting matchup would be Severn. I know he would get raped, but I talked to him about 6 months ago and he was trying his ass off to get back into the UFC. Dana is all about money and with a lack of great HW's I could see him doing that, espeacially since Coleman is scared to fucking death. Severn is 8-1 or something in his last 9 fights and is still in good shape. I'm not saying it would be entertaining, I'm just saying that Dana would market it like it wold be Brock taking out more Hall of Famer's. I think Dan would have a better shot than Coleman at this point.

I can't believe that I just wrote a whole paragraph on that but just food for thought.

Just my opinion bro, but I think your wrong there.. I think Mir would take Lesner again and I think Nog would do the same. :)

mir, nog, gonzaga, werdum, are all guys who have a good chance to beat lesner.
also aa, barnett, fedor, alex just not signed with ufc

mir, nog, gonzaga, werdum, are all guys who have a good chance to beat lesner.
also aa, barnett, fedor, alex just not signed with ufc

This is my exact list. There are lots of guys that pose problems for Brock. Any heavyweight with competent striking and high level jits will be trouble for him.

What if????

Yah, what if he did?

He has a lot of work to do in his stand up. I bet his BJJ is at a moderate white belt level.

I don't think Brock is going to be putting on any sort of MMA clinic in the near future, but he always has his good wrestling, size, and insane strength on his side. He is beatable, but it will come down to a stylistic match up.

Randy beat GG pretty decisively.

GG could come in and finish Brock (shitty style match up for Brock)

He isn't unbeatable, but I don't know too many wrestlers that are going to be taking Brock out.

And I forgot to mention Carwin when I was agreeing with diddy. So far he has demonstrated all of the skills that Lesnar has including powerful striking, imposing strength, and effective ground and pound. Not to mention he built a legitimate record fighting his way up to the UFC. They are tailor made to fight each other.

I'm not saying his skills are the shit, far from it. I just think that with his size, wrestling ability and underated striking he poses a HUGE problem for anybody in the UFC. I'm taking avatar bets whenever your ready on anyone you guys listed. I think the only guys that would beat him are Fedor (never gonna fight in the UFC), Barnett (never gonna fight in the UFC) or possibly Werdum. Werdum is the only bad matchup I see for him in the UFC right now.

He kills Mir if they fight again. He kills Nog. I could see GG win if he kicks all round every round.

Get your avatar bet now.

LOL.. all likely except Werdum. Did you see the guy during his last fight???? the guy looked soft and horribly out of shape during his last match.. He has a long way to do (conditioning wise/work ethic) to be a contender in the UFC.

I'm not a fan of Werdum, but I think Brock matches up poorly with him. My money would still be on Brock, but I think Werdum has some favorable matchup areas.

Dirk, no disrespect but Dan Severn would be no match for most people in the UFC now. Dan is an aging fighter that is not in his prime and hasn't been for a number of years. I had the opportunity of watching Dan Severn fight my former Instructor's training partner Victor Valimaki back on September 9, 2005 where Dan lost to a decision; a very clear decision. After the fight Dan gave a speech about how he was the past while guys like Victor were the future ... I honestly believe that. In that fight Victor was on his sixth fight only and it was a clear win for him. Victor has grown as a fighter and is a beast and having had the opportunity of fighting in the UFC twice (both losses), he would win much easier against Dan now making you realize that Dan would not do well. I can respect Dan Severn for his past but I don't see a future for him.

As for Lesnar; his shear size and athletic ability are what is winning for him. His inexperience is what lost it for him against Mir. Lesnar does not have the skills yet to be a great fighter but he can win without it for now. Somebody can always catch him such as Mir did but as Lesnar gets more experience the difficulty in somebody beating him will decrease. He is not invincible by no means.

Last edited:
DLC68, man I have been your arch enemy since you showed up here.

In my original post I said.
Another interesting matchup would be Severn. I know he would get raped, but I talked to him about 6 months ago and he was trying his ass off to get back into the UFC. Dana is all about money and with a lack of great HW's I could see him doing that, espeacially since Coleman is scared to fucking death.

In what part of that statement did I say Severn would win...? He would lose by way of murder. However, Dana likes money bro and the HW division doesn't have too many big money match-ups now. I would love to see Lesnar take on "The Beast" would it be competitive, hell no, but I wouldn't want to miss it.

Hey Dirk; everybody needs a nemesis ... how boring would it be on here if we all agreed.

I did read your post and understood you 100%. What I was trying to get across is Severn shouldn't be fighting in the UFC at all; even for a money draw. He is past his prime and fighting in smaller venues for a reason. I have no want to see Severn get raped as I respect the guy for what he has done for the sport. Coming into a fight knowing you are going to lose and then seeing you lose; that is not the way to go and personally for a few extra bucks it isn't worth it.

Dan will always be held in high regard by myself and many. Even at his age and not a top athlete he his helping a lot of these younger guys. He has lost in these smaller venues however he has won many due to his skills which tells you something about what he must have been like in his prime. In his last 10 fights he won the first 9 with 7 by submission and losing the last 1 by decision. Still got gas in his tank but not elite gas.

I trained with him this year and I was impressed how good of shape he is in still. He's 51 I think and is still mean as a snake. He was very... very bitter about the UFC. It was almost sad. He talked shit about Dana, Brock, Mark Kerr (my fav fighter of all time) (*sniffle for pain killer addiction*), Royce, pretty much everyone. He said he asked Dana to come back and Dana said that "he wanted to protect the integrity of his Hall of Famers" to which Severn thought,...Royce vs Hughes, Shamrock vs Tito x 2 rematches, Brock rumored at the time to fight Coleman. Pretty much, your too damn old.

I love him for what he did though, long live the Beast.

Back