thanks jimbo :)

05/18/11

shoulders/calves

ohp
100x6
110x6
115x4-4-3-2
100x5
note: it was just on my last shoulder workout that i began going, 'clavicle to almost lockout' range of motion. before then, i always start by my chin. full rom is the way to go. difficult, but proper :)

db shrugs
70x20-20

bent raise
30x10-10

side raise
25x5

plate raise
25x10

seated calf
185x20-20-20-20

Last edited:
05/19/11

back/bi/abs

pull ups

rack pull (lowest setting, 2 inch below knee)
100x5-5
200x5-3
220x1-1
100x5
170x5

bb row
100x10
110x8

pull thrus
entire stack x 10-10

seated cable row
130x10-10

hammer curl
30x8-6

note: suppose to do chins, but apparently it also affects my wrist. immediately stopped after first rep when pain was felt on my right wrist. sad

standing rope crunch
100xfailure
150xfailure

sit up
failure

05/20/11

25 mins brisk walking/jogging

so freaking out of shape :p

but don't get me wrong, i've been way cleaner than before in terms of eating. back then it was dirty bulking. now it's clean bulking. feel a lot better and a lot bigger too and a lot stronger. sure, dirty bulking made me lift more, but im not worried. i mean, im not in a hurry anyways :p

05/20/11

25 mins brisk walking/jogging

so freaking out of shape :p

but don't get me wrong, i've been way cleaner than before in terms of eating. back then it was dirty bulking. now it's clean bulking. feel a lot better and a lot bigger too and a lot stronger. sure, dirty bulking made me lift more, but im not worried. i mean, im not in a hurry anyways :p

Slow and steady wins the race !! lol
looks like your doing great, keep up the good work :)

lots of thanks, mrs. p :)

05/21/11

bas rutten's 2 mins boxing tape
10 rounds of 2 mins with 1 min rest

felt a lot stronger doing this as compared to before when i was dirty bulking. i have more stamina and endurance and even got my second wind in the 5th round, which kept me going further.

punches were consistent in terms of strength and i kept moving around as oppose to being just stationary like back then.

all in all, im a lot better now :)

05/22/11

chest/tri

db bench
60x10-10
65x7

really not part of the plan I had in mind, but went on to do it anyways

pin bench (set exactly .5-1 inch above my chest)
70x10
135x5
150x3

incline db
65x6

cable flyes
50x10
60x10

dips

skullcrusher
55x8

pushdown
130x10

note:the pin press was an out of the blue thing. drained me out completely. was planning on 2 weeks db chest workout. all in all, it was fun anyways.

Kumusta ka angrymuscles? Hows the strength coming? :)

whoa you know tagalog. you from the philippines too?

well, strength is steadily going up really. diet is strict clean still. work is tiring.

prob is, i came across a certain dilemma.

my right shoulder. there was pain during my last chest workout. im not sure if it's rotator cuff or muscle only. also noticed my right has been weak since a couple of previous workouts.

so im going to be doing some shoulder rehab workouts and probably skip going heavy with presses for a while.

thanks dieselman

05/24/11

bas rutten's 2 mins boxing tape

forgot to add

shoulder rehab

seated db cleans
15x15-15-15

scarecrow
15x15-15-15

Last edited:
whoa you know tagalog. you from the philippines too?

well, strength is steadily going up really. diet is strict clean still. work is tiring.

prob is, i came across a certain dilemma.

my right shoulder. there was pain during my last chest workout. im not sure if it's rotator cuff or muscle only. also noticed my right has been weak since a couple of previous workouts.

so im going to be doing some shoulder rehab workouts and probably skip going heavy with presses for a while.

I only know a little bit of Tagalog. A buddy I work with is Filipino and he teaches be bit here and there.

I can roll thru a drive thru coffee place here and speak nothing but tagalog. That was more of a flirting tactic..:)

Definitly don't over stress your shoulder..It could just need some easing up and stretches...here's a link of some good stretches to do. The music is awful..

YouTube - ‪Rotator Cuff Stretching‬‏

It might just be a little tension built up in there..and without taking care it could lead to a strain or pull. You definitly don't need a setback like that.

Have a good one kaibigan:)

thanks mrs. p and jimbo

05/25/11

shoulder rehab/shoulder/calves/abs

overhead rotator cuff stretch
20 seconds x 3

cross arm rotator cuff stretch
20 seconds x 3

back towel rotator cuff stretch
20 seconds x 3

YTWL + L with rotation + scarecrow on incline bench with 5 lbs dbs

Y x 5
T x 5
W x 5
L x 5
L with rotation x 5
scarecrow x 5

seated db
40x10
45x10
50x8

side lats
10x10-10

front raise
10x10

standing calf
100x30-30

seated calf
190x30-30

plank hold - 4 positions 10 seconds hold each x 2

YTWL X 5 each without the L+rotation and scarecrow

rotator cuff stretching x 20 seconds x 3

all in all, it felt awesome to be warming up properly before working out. i've been overlooking this for a long time now. for the meantime, i noticed that i won't be doing any side/front/rear raises. i don't think it helps with my shoulders.

thank you jimbo for the stretches. love it!

05/26/11

shoulder rehab

20 seconds x 3

20 seconds x 3

20 seconds x 3

YTWL on incline bench with 5 lbs dbs

Y x 5
T x 5
W x 5
L x 5

seated db clean
5x15

neutral grip or hammer grip pull ups

sumo deadlift (over/over grip)
100x5
170x3-3
200x2-2
220x2 then grip failed for the next 2 reps. right one. dunno why. used to be my left one, but now it's my right. looks like farmer's walk and other grip work for me. back wasn't fried yet really

t-bar
70x10
105x6

db row
70x10-5

seated db clean
5x10

had to cut workout short due to going to gym quite late coz of work. forgot my damn umbrella at the gym too. ugh

wasn't able to do cardio this past 2 off days due to hectic work. damn overtimes. ah well

im planning on going back to sledgehammer/tire gpp for awesomeness and for dat grip work...at least added grip work to what i have in mind.

05/26/11

shoulder rehab

20 seconds x 3

20 seconds x 3

20 seconds x 3

YTWL on incline bench with 5 lbs dbs

Y x 5
T x 5
W x 5
L x 5

seated db clean
5x15

neutral grip or hammer grip pull ups

sumo deadlift (over/over grip)
100x5
170x3-3
200x2-2
220x2 then grip failed for the next 2 reps. right one. dunno why. used to be my left one, but now it's my right. looks like farmer's walk and other grip work for me. back wasn't fried yet really

t-bar
70x10
105x6

db row
70x10-5

seated db clean
5x10

had to cut workout short due to going to gym quite late coz of work. forgot my damn umbrella at the gym too. ugh

Good workout A M, !
I hate when I leave my umbrella at places, and I do this often :(

05/29/11

hehehe thanks mrs. p. loving your new psylocke avatar. you going for that body? :)

shoulder rehab
rotator cuff stretches 20 seconds x 3

ytwl x 5 (always with 5 lbs db)

seated db clean (5 lbs db)

chest/tri

flat db
40x10
55x10
60x10
65x8

incline db
60x8-5

cable flyes
50x10
60x10

dips
note: did the 90 degree one coz the full one, the deep one, for some reason bothers my right triceps tendon. it gets this stretched like being torn feeling.

skullcrusher
55x7

ywtl x 5
seated db x 10
rotator cuff stretches 20 seconds x 1

note: i notice im straying away from my triceps workout. not saying they're insufficient, but adding more volume to it would be better

also, on a funny note:

during my cable flyes routine, saw a guy by the bb rack, on the floor doing crunches. after my flyes and heading toward the dips, guy was in a fetal position and literally sleeping! i finished my workout and he was still there, sleeping.

it was funny.

Back