Anyone a Personal Trainer?

MGunz

So I just got my certification through ISSA and I want to start looking for part time work training people. Obviously I have gym experience, just none really training people. So Im wondering what gym's are looking for when they hire you, and if anyone knows a good place to start. To any of the guys here that are trainers how did you get started, and how do you like it?

So I just got my certification through ISSA and I want to start looking for part time work training people. Obviously I have gym experience, just none really training people. So Im wondering what gym's are looking for when they hire you, and if anyone knows a good place to start. To any of the guys here that are trainers how did you get started, and how do you like it?

how easy was it?

now that you have a certification your a step ahead bc many ppl get thier first cert after working so you should find a job pretty easy just make yourself a portfolio and start hitting your local areas up and applying.

that sounds to easy

Yeah it's not bad, I mean you have to be pretty thorough with it though or theyll take points off. My buddy rushed through it and they made him take it over. The case studies are probably the longest becuase you need to make routines, diets, supplement recommendations, and then write essays justifying why you have them doing everything there doing. Like i said it's easy but all in all the test probably takes 12 hours or so. Obviously if you read the book like your supposed to it will take you a few weeks becuase its over 700 pages.

Im just finishing my course through afpa.. it is 6 50 multiple choice quizes, 1 essay and a final 200 multiple choice test in which you must get a 90 or better.. mine costed $400... its easy shit but VERY time consuming.. then again i did it in like a week and a hslf when ur allowed 6 months lol...better that way tho as its all still fresh

I ve kikked this around for extra cash and as a way to transition away from what I do now.

My gym lets em work for a cut of the total fee..how much they charge and all is still a mystery.

I m scared I ll immediately get bored with counting rep s for fat people and listenng to people whine bout everything...plus I m like..older...

Been certified thru NAHF for 11yrs and its all bout location location the gym i lift at the owner lets me bring ppl in they do monthly fees with him and i charge them separate and of course i sign a waiver of liability for him in case they get hurt. His trainers who work for him make $7.00 an hour and he gets 9 bucks basically ppl pay $16.00 per session he gets 60% the trainer gets %40 and does all the work and thats some dirty shit right there he would never hire me cause i train ppl hard so they get results and i dont fit the image for his health club i wear blue jeans tshirt and harley hat not the faggy ass gym wear and ive had him and his trainers ask me for advice before which kinda pisses me off i charge ppl as low as $10.00 per session but they only hang so long then quit part of this business when i was doin the $10.00 thing he puts up a sign sayn train with me and your membership is free so i cant compete with that u know thers only 1 other gym where i live and me and the guy who owns it despise each other so i only get clients here and there so i still gota work another job which i hate itd be like goin to law school getn degree then having to work at a gas station it sux but its location bro i got a buddy who went to cali works at golds has to turn ppl away and makes over 90k a yr so its all location good luck.

what is this charging 16,10 dollars stuff man u need to come with 50/60 to work with me. word of advice for anyone looking to get into the field GET A NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED CERT!! dont get online courses and all that junk do the work right and get paid right.

Good gyms look for trainers that have done more than a basic cert. I would recommend certs like poliquin's picp, pimst, biosignature. The chek institute is very credible as well and NSCA. Stretch-to-win myofascial stretching is an excellent course which can allow you to get you clients just through that. Those would be my recommendations, especially to offer a multi-dimensional approach to training.

Other than that, being self motivated, personable and energetic.

Back