Arms, Arms, Arms!

For arm size i would add an arm day once PW. I do Bic and Tri once PW, 9 sets for Bic and 11 sets for triceps. All with rep range 8/6/4 - going for strength and size at moment.

Im 6"2, 200lbs 17inch arms ( not big but im trying, lol )

And i to have had the wrist and arm pain from heavy barbell curls, rest it up a bit and should be fine, just change to standing EZY curl- shouldnt hurt.

No offense but your squat and dead lift numbers are very low. Drop both to 5x5 then 5x3 and add 100lbs to both and i bet your arms will be stockier. Add 5lbs a week of lean top sirloin to your diet too.

Hey man, have you looked at doing your arms 1 day a week instead of after training Chest or Back?

My routine -

Bicep Curl - 10/8/6
Preachers - 10/8/6
Concentrations - 10/8/6

Close Grip bench - 10/8/6
Cable overhead - 10/8/6
Pushdowns - 10/8/6
Dips - 8/8

This gives me a great arm workout

Your arms will fill out when you do.
Arm size comes from big presses, big back workouts, and lots of food! nuff said

Your arms will fill out when you do.
Arm size comes from big presses, big back workouts, and lots of food! nuff said

exactly. Your body actually produces more testosterone when you do major compound movements like deadlifts, squats and bench. DIet is a big part too. YOure arms will grow w/the rest of your body when doing big lifts. YOu can try doing arms on their own and c how it works 4 u but you will prob. notice more results w/u're big lifts. Gluck

Curls for the girls

Personally I love doing curls. Hammer curls, regular curls inbetween sets of flat/incline benching, preacher curls on machine, cable curls, etc. I also read that your tricepts are like 75% of your arms so you may want to work more on that. Skull crushers, pushdowns, extensions, dips (not my favorate), overhead cable/rope extensions, etc.

fuck the bullshit man...dropsets....rest pause....extended sets....you have to feel them to get them 2 grow.....worked for me...20inchs hang from my delts now....dont forget the tris though...75% of the arm is tri.....i would do drop sets till it burn so bad i would start laughin like a crazy man 2 get past the burn....

For your stats that sounds about normal, I think I hit 17" somewhere around 210 @ 6'2", 19" around 240. So unless you were leaner or heavier, I wouldn't expect much deviation from 15".

I'm 6'4" 275 I have long arms also, not to rub it in but they are my strong point, 19 1/2 inches seems like I can ad half inch a week if I wanted to, being so tall I cheat, its one exercise u can really get away with doing it, not to say I do it every rep but when I wear out yeah, I short stroke and I swing a lil, true good form equals good gains but in arms bad form can too, heavy weight gets them bigger, not debatable so if u can go 10 lbs heavier, only get a couple reps then cheat for a couple more ur braking down more fibers and rebuilding bigger, given enough protein, also my biceps are decent with a good natural peak but triceps make up 2/3 of ur upper arm, a mixture of good form and god cheating is what builds 205 max curl with a lil swing

Sounds good. May also want to try strict chin ups with a 20 lb dumbell between feet for 3 sets of 8-10. I do the same with dips & pullups.

dude, I have been training for 25 years and have had your build. I started doing squats and my arms started to grow. I do straight bar preachers for bi's and close grip presses(brought down to my nose then back up) for triceps and lastly skull crushers with straight bar. focus on how the muscle feels throughout the movement, the weight will come. I do 12 to 15 reps every set, 6 sets preachers, 4 close grip bench and 4 sets skull rushers, all high reps and my arms are very nice, im 6'2 230lbs 19 1'4 inch arms. make sure to eat good protein and carbs immediatly after workout,or take a quality protein shake. Nitro-tech has been golden for me. good luck, having nice arms gets alot of attention. if you go heavy with long muscles like ours, you'll probably hurt something. keep strict form and high range of reps, it worked for me. my arms are still growing. will be 20in next month for sure.

Arms always bug me. I'm long limbed, and although my measurements show some growth and I've gotten stronger, it never looks right to me because I have so much space between my elbow and upper arm to fill. But I have found my results are best when I don't use any cable exercises, all barbell and dumbell stuff.

Advised by those spotting 20"+, they all suggest preacher curls as a must. None ever move serious weight.

I've gone high as 18.5" - presently just under 18" for left and over 17" for right.

+ genetics plays a big part.

Back