Average?

gottogrow

Was talking to a Personal Trainer at my gym today, as we were chatting he mentioned that he thought I had an "Average" build for a 22yo....
Now, Im not a needy person. Nor do I think that Im a huge mofo (or in anyway comparable to the 22yos floating round this board at 220+lbs) but I did think I was a little better then average.
Am I just fooling myself??

Im currently on 3500 cals per day. 350grms Protein. Creatine and palm oil are my only supps.
(Ive been this weight for 1 year, gettin ichy for the dark-side :nonono2: )

5'10
85kgs / 187 lbs

[Front Relaxed]
271149.jpg

[Back(dodgy pic)]
271151.jpg

[Double Bi]
271152.jpg

[Chest (Perhaps the weakest link)]
271150.jpg

i think your better than average. your not huge but its definatly obvious you work out. At least your very lean, some people go for that look. any way alot of trainers know shit( not all) also you have to take into account that no one admits to gear use so it is assumed that some people who are big are natural.

u have a better thna average buld since I think that I've heard 60% of the US population is now over weight or sometihng liek that.

and BTW I got to 195 natty before touching gear and if I had done more research I mghit have been able ot get bigger.

rember u do need ot get a little chubby to grows do;nt become fat but u can add some fat and still look fine.

Get on that chest a little. You'll be straight hip hop. If you shave your chest and oil it down... hell, you get me.

I'd say height and weight wise your pretty average (maybe above average). You'll leaner then the typical perons i see in the gym. I wouldn't get to upset, keep putting the work in.

Definately better than average. If you work out and eat anything correctly you are going to be better than "average". Average is not too pretty lemme tell ya. -DOC

Work your delts to give ya more width...
Need to fill out your chest as well....lats too ....pulldowns...rows
Good work bro

Trainers are usually idiots... Atleast thats what I thought before I got certified, now I am sure of it. I don't know shit and they cretified me.

3 months of cruising around here gave me twice the info that I got in the "process" of becoming a personal trainer.

I don't work as a trainer BTW, I just wanted to make sure they weren't necessarily the authority.

Bígger then average.. good arms. But the rest needs to be punished harder!
By the way, up the calories to 4000 and the protein to 400...
Hows the training part by the way? might be the problem

u look good, youre better than average....if you want to be huge thats a different story, but you have a very enviable physique.....thats the kind of look im gonna shoot for now.

Last edited:
Yeah you look better than average ! But don't you want to get noticed? Come to the dark side> Join the fight> aganst the weak, hungry, unimportant people who don't stand out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Better than averagebut when you are trying to put on size don't lose your abs!!!!
Go heavy chest for a few then med weight then rep out then mix it up,in a year you should be bigger & buffer!

I get a lot of people who think I'm average too. Its just because when I am at work, etc I don't try to look big. But when I show my guns I get a reaction every time. As far as you are concerned, I would say your average for a 22 y/o who lifts regularly, but well above average outside the gym. You're back and delts are the two things that stand out to me as being areas where improvement would help you get more props for your hard work.

Well that turned into more of an ego stroking exercise then I expected. (thanks :)
U all made good points, but I think DeiselMan and PopKorn made the best suggestions.... ;-D

BTW, the shoulders are weak because I dislocated them both in a fight, now I have to work through some bursitis... Nothing a couple of Asprin won't cure.

arms are good, but you need to build traps, front delts, and bottom chest, you could probably do that by adding more bench in to your routine, incline decline

Back