Average?

Chest, Shoulders and Back need work. Arms look thick in the relaxed position, and bicep is good....keep up the good work.

I'd suggest deads and more deads. Pull heavy and it will pay off. You would pick up lots of shoulder and trap mass along with a thicker back. I have to fight to get anywhere near as lean as you are. It must have been one helluva fight if you dislocated both shoulders!!!

Average if you are on the juice but in the top 10% if 22 year olds naturally.
I think his training business is slow judging by his asshole comment!!
Shit when I was 22 I was squatting 365 for 6 reps & that was my 25th set!
Leg pressing 11 plates a side 22 total for 6 reps.Cool to be huge & strong but if a couple of slick oriental fuckers get you alone your ass is toast!!!
Strong is one thing but POWERFUL is what you want.
That is applied force,so whats the piont benching 400+ if you cant even defend yourself???
Just got back from the Arnold last week and scary thought when I say Sergio Olivia:(:(:(
Last year he looked awsome,looked like he could easily bench 300+ but this year???
Fuck I almost cried,I could not even get my picture taken with him as he looked cancer ridden,hands bent out of shape5 inches shorter cause he could not stand straight.
Make you think about what fitness really is?
So if you are thinking that you are to small that's BS!!!
Look great and slowly put on muscle but not too much where you can't move.
Another thing DON'T lose the abs!!!!

you need to train your traps some more, your lateral deltoids, and your triceps and back more, your chest looks like its got a good head start above all other muscles. Your forearms and biceps look to be proportioned, The muscles I'd worry about the most are your traps and lateral delts,
Arnold would do 10 sets of 10 on lagging bodyparts back in the day on one exercise. Try doing 10 sets of 10 on the traps, as far as your lateral delts try to do 10 sets of 10 on upright rows but be careful not to overtrain

Had to reread your post a few times to make sure I understand your question. The key words you used were "average build" .. not average body. Hence, build refers to muscle development imo.

Based on the typical gym rats out there (not Joe Shmo american male), you are very average at best. In otherwords, your physique would not stand out. Your main problem is that your slim. Toned in places yes, but you look like a guy who does 3-on-3 hoops on the weekend. Fit but not strong and definitely not a bodybuilder - more like a runner who sometimes lifts.

You need about 30 more lbs on you to start getting the "above average" build comments your looking for.

yes u are better than average first of all. Second of all ur training is most likley the problem. IMO and several pros would even back me on this, ur protein is fine maybe even a little high. at 187 as long as u are getting 1.5/lb you are cool. You will most likley waste anything more than 1.5 g / lb. Someone said t o go to 400g/day...the only thing that will grow there will be ur grocery bill.
More cals and carbs will do wonders for u. U r only 22 so ur metabolism will allow u to handle the carbs...
try that and re evaluate ur workout and see what happens.....

legz

Thanks for the advice there guys. Just to answer a few questions....
I feel nothing: Half Irish
parrish: 100% natural, and going to stay that way till I hit 200lbs
bigbaldblue: 4 on 1 rumble for the keys to my new Alpha Romeo (it was stupid to resist but I wasn't gonna let them take my car...fukers)
legz: Following the needsize 5x5 routine, love it! I attribute my last 11lbs to needsize...

As for the rest...Lift heavy, eat big and lift heavy.... Will do. Got this far, now for the step up to the real game.

gottogrow said:
Thanks for the advice there guys. Just to answer a few questions....
I feel nothing: Half Irish
parrish: 100% natural, and going to stay that way till I hit 200lbs
bigbaldblue: 4 on 1 rumble for the keys to my new Alpha Romeo (it was stupid to resist but I wasn't gonna let them take my car...fukers)
legz: Following the needsize 5x5 routine, love it! I attribute my last 11lbs to needsize...

As for the rest...Lift heavy, eat big and lift heavy.... Will do. Got this far, now for the step up to the real game.

alpha romeo is spelt alfa

Back