barbell benched pressed today

house1

Community Veteran
its been a long time since i benched with a barbell. wanted to try something different so i did barbell for both flat and incline today

got 405 on flat

315 for incline-- always weak on these with a barbell. i find them eaiser with 150 lb dumbells-- dont know why

also did weighted dips with 225 strapped to my waist

ended the workout with heavy flyes

just thought i would share it with everyone. was pretty pleased with my chest workout today

:)

Sounds like an awesome chest workout you had house.
On your dips did you do em palms, in or conventional grip!

those are some nice numbers.......I probably won't be able to use barbells for a long time....gotta use dumbells right now (injuries)

rock

holy crap bro! you had 2 hundreds and a 25#er hangin from your waist for dips? those are all very impressive numbers. arent you supposed to be cuttin now also?

beast, got 4 with 405 bro. if i did it sooner i would have been able to get more bro. 3 good sets in before i tried it.

315, did set of eight

dips set of 6 at the end 2 higher rep sets before i went heavy

thanks needsize

FTC, yup cutting bro. started carbing last night and felt strong as a fuck bro.

talk to me at the end of the week and it will be different. man i love the carb up

For some strange reason i've always been able to bench more on the incline than on the flat. Any ideas why?

Pprobably because your shoulders are just stronger than your chest .

Are you using full range of motion on both ?

house1 said:
beast, got 4 with 405 bro. if i did it sooner i would have been able to get more bro. 3 good sets in before i tried it.

315, did set of eight

dips set of 6 at the end 2 higher rep sets before i went heavy

thanks needsize

FTC, yup cutting bro. started carbing last night and felt strong as a fuck bro.

talk to me at the end of the week and it will be different. man i love the carb up
house if your shoulders can stand it i reccomend going with the barbell for at least a month or two , the change might shock your muscles

dawg, i will give it a go bro. i have been using strictly db's maybe the change will do some good.

by the way how are you bro?

house1 said:
dawg, i will give it a go bro. i have been using strictly db's maybe the change will do some good.

by the way how are you bro?
pretty good , my bad shoulders prevent anything but reverse grip benches , and double back surgery last november has pretty much stopped any meaningful leg work . the good news is my legs are still my best body part , they grow if i get up off the couch to go to the fridge :D and secondly i have vented my frustrations so much on back and bi day that there going to start calling me latzilla;) , but knowing there will be no competing for the dawg anymore is :(

DADAWG said:
pretty good , my bad shoulders prevent anything but reverse grip benches , and double back surgery last november has pretty much stopped any meaningful leg work . the good news is my legs are still my best body part , they grow if i get up off the couch to go to the fridge :D and secondly i have vented my frustrations so much on back and bi day that there going to start calling me latzilla;) , but knowing there will be no competing for the dawg anymore is :(
was the surgury on the lower back muscles ? did something give when deadlifting or squatting bro. ? were you a competeing powerlifter before ?

DEVILtrainer666 said:
was the surgury on the lower back muscles ? did something give when deadlifting or squatting bro. ? were you a competeing powerlifter before ?
arthritis has set in , squeezing the nerves at the spine , no more weightlifting that puts compression on the spine , they cut out as much as they could and releived as much pressure on the nerves as they could but some of the damage is permenant , and yes i dabbled in a little powerlifting:)

that sucks dawg, but you can still hit the gym brother

wish my legs were like yours. i have to hit them hard as a fuck to get them to grow

house1 said:
that sucks dawg, but you can still hit the gym brother

wish my legs were like yours. i have to hit them hard as a fuck to get them to grow
this will really hurt your feelings but i have only trained calves a few times my whole life and they are freaky :D , its either genetics or the fact that im extremely active for a big man and have been my whole life [ league tennis and basketball and softball and etc. ] and except for the service all my worklife has been physical . putting my calves through the wringer all these years supporting my tonnage may be responsible . but on the other hand my biceps peak is non existant no matter how big my arms get or how lean i am , if my biceps tied in any lower on my arm than they do they would be at my wrist:mad: oh well always remember sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield ;)

Musclemar said:
For some strange reason i've always been able to bench more on the incline than on the flat. Any ideas why?
What angle bench are you using for inclines ?Dumbell or barbell presses....If you are using too much of an incline your delts are getting most of the work

DADAWG said:
this will really hurt your feelings but i have only trained calves a few times my whole life and they are freaky :D , its either genetics or the fact that im extremely active for a big man and have been my whole life [ league tennis and basketball and softball and etc. ] and except for the service all my worklife has been physical . putting my calves through the wringer all these years supporting my tonnage may be responsible . but on the other hand my biceps peak is non existant no matter how big my arms get or how lean i am , if my biceps tied in any lower on my arm than they do they would be at my wrist:mad: oh well always remember sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield ;)
You two train together or what........lol:rolleyes:

Back