Best OTC hair loss prevention drugs

ripxtide

30 y/o here with a couple cycles under my belt.

I don't have any problems with hair loss and still have a full head of hair, but it's been a number of years since I've cycled and now that I'm older I don't want to lose much if any of the hair I have.

Going to cycle soon (test enanthate / EQ with dbol to kickstart) and just wondering what kinds of things I can pick up from the pharmacy to prevent hair loss.

Everything I've read has some kind of negative side effect, ie:

Propecia/finastride : prescription required, takes a long time to work, questionable long term effects on libido

Minoxidil: OTC, but use must be continued perpetually for some reason or else the effects will disappear

Topical Spiro: stinks, but seems to be what I'd want while on cycle, something to block DHT at the scalp without affecting anything else. Have read mixed reviews on its effectiveness though...

Nizoral: dandruff shampoo that somehow helps with hair loss. questionable effectiveness

Anyways that's just what I've gathered from my research. Please chime in with your opinions. The hair loss paranoia is the only thing preventing me from starting this cycle really.

Use minoxidil, spiro, nizoral or a combination of all three. If you have MPB then yes you must continue use for them to be effective. But prevention is best. You can order finasteride or Dutasteride from research chem companies and they work very well, but you need to start those a month or two before your cycle for them to be effective.

Just try a couple of them if you are worried about hair loss.

I would stay away from the pills myself. I use 5% spironolactone from dr.lee at minoxidil.com. It has a systemic absorption rate of less than 1% so no sides. (Ive posted this same info on 2 or 3 other threads and feel like im repeating myself for some reason lol) As far as the smell of spiro goes bro...it doesnt smell unless your womans nose is in your hair. The only time I get complaints is when I'm kickin it with a chick and shes trying to cuddle and her nose gets right up to my hair...then all they say is "your hair smells funny" then I of course break it down for them....doesnt cock block at all! You could use that in combo with nizoral but nizoral alone is pretty much worthless IMO. Oh and spiro works great for me and my buddies...we all run it

I would stay away from the pills myself. I use 5% spironolactone from dr.lee at minoxidil.com. It has a systemic absorption rate of less than 1% so no sides. (Ive posted this same info on 2 or 3 other threads and feel like im repeating myself for some reason lol) As far as the smell of spiro goes bro...it doesnt smell unless your womans nose is in your hair. The only time I get complaints is when I'm kickin it with a chick and shes trying to cuddle and her nose gets right up to my hair...then all they say is "your hair smells funny" then I of course break it down for them....doesnt cock block at all! You could use that in combo with nizoral but nizoral alone is pretty much worthless IMO. Oh and spiro works great for me and my buddies...we all run it

What brand do you run?

Ive used Nizorol for over 10 yrs and it seems to have helped. Ive taken some of the worst gear thats supposed to cause hairloss and have lost some but no more than i would have anyway IMO.

I would say it has helped.

gator

And just remember AAS won't cause hairloss, it will only speed the process of MPB. Most who are not prone to MPB, but loose some on cycle typically grow it back after but prevention is key

To the comments of the others, I'll suggest you try each of the products ONE AT A TIME for a period of time long enough to evaluate the individual effects.

The shotgun approach may produce results, but you'll not actually have any way to know what treatment is contributing to the overall effect.

So using Propecia, Rogaine, and Nizo all at once may produce the desired result. However, you have no way of know what product actually provides the greatest effect. You could wind up paying for something that is not delivering any positive effect. In the long run, that could add up to significant dollars.

If they have an additive effective, by adding one treatment at a time, over time that will be demonstrated and you be able to eliminate the products that have no effect for you.

Me, personally, I've used Proscar since 1994 when it was in Phase III clinical testing. Both sides of my family tree have pronounced MPB. Not a male in my family has a had a full head of hair past 35 - except me!

For me, there is no doubt, fina is the only reason I still have a full, rockstar head of hair. After the first 9 months of using it, I notice some of my temporal recession had ceased. At the 12 month mark, I noticed significant regrowth in the temporal regions. Today, my hair looks just like it did when I was a 21 year old undergraduate.

I strongly recommend it for those who are worried about hair loss.

To the comments of the others, I'll suggest you try each of the products ONE AT A TIME for a period of time long enough to evaluate the individual effects.

The shotgun approach may produce results, but you'll not actually have any way to know what treatment is contributing to the overall effect.

So using Propecia, Rogaine, and Nizo all at once may produce the desired result. However, you have no way of know what product actually provides the greatest effect. You could wind up paying for something that is not delivering any positive effect. In the long run, that could add up to significant dollars.

If they have an additive effective, by adding one treatment at a time, over time that will be demonstrated and you be able to eliminate the products that have no effect for you.

Me, personally, I've used Proscar since 1994 when it was in Phase III clinical testing. Both sides of my family tree have pronounced MPB. Not a male in my family has a had a full head of hair past 35 - except me!

For me, there is no doubt, fina is the only reason I still have a full, rockstar head of hair. After the first 9 months of using it, I notice some of my temporal recession had ceased. At the 12 month mark, I noticed significant regrowth in the temporal regions. Today, my hair looks just like it did when I was a 21 year old undergraduate.

I strongly recommend it for those who are worried about hair loss.

I agree with running one at a time...its just like when you start using aas for the first time...this way you know what each compound is doing for you. Im just using the spiro now for the test to block the dht and Im praying the tren leaves my hair the fuck alone :)

oh and doc....when you stop running your fina then wont your hair revert back to what it was before you started...so in theory you have to keep taking it if you want to keep your rockstar hair?

That is correct cobra. As with all treatments to this point. I've been using dutasteride just to be safe and never have side effects from it. Cash is there much difference between dutasteride and finastetide as far as effectiveness. I know dutast works slightly different and is usually more expensive but not sure if it's any more effective but it should also have positive effects on the colon especially running AAS ? Or am I way off?

That is correct cobra. As with all treatments to this point. I've been using dutasteride just to be safe and never have side effects from it. Cash is there much difference between dutasteride and finastetide as far as effectiveness. I know dutast works slightly different and is usually more expensive but not sure if it's any more effective but it should also have positive effects on the colon especially running AAS ? Or am I way off?

There is one pretty important difference especially to those of use engaged in weight training.

First, there are two isomers of DHT that are reduced from testosterone - Isoenzyme I and Isoenzyme II.

The binding receptors for Iso I are most predominantly found in smooth muscle tissue, skin, some neural tissue, and bones.

The binding receptors for Iso II are most predominantly found in the scalp and prostrate.

Okay, keep that in mind because it is important and we'll come back to it in a second.

Fina is a 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor specific for the Type II isoenzyme of DHT. That means that it works to inhibit the DHT isoenzyme that binds to the receptors found in the scalp and prostrate. That is why it is very effect for BPE and MPB.

Duta is a systemic 5-alpha reductase inhibitor that works to inhibit BOTH Iso I and Iso II. It knocks out the conversion of DHT throughout the body. It is more effective at reducing Iso II enzyme bind in the scalp (some studies put it at 20% more effective than fina at inhibition of Iso II).

Since Duta also inhibts Iso I, the DHT isomer that binds to smooth muscle, it can reduce the androgenic effect of DHT on muscle tissue. Hence, no DHT in muscle = less pronounced effect of test on muscle tissue. Some have even noted a drop in max lifts as a result of systemic reduction of DHT.

Now, I generally suggest that folks start with fina because in the big scheme of things a 55%-75% reduction in Iso II DHT is more than enough to stave off most androgenicly accelerated MPB.

Duta will provide about 91% inhibition of of Iso II DHT plus it will greatly reduce the amount of Iso I DHT as well.

Some folks would "knee-jerk" react and say "I want the 91% reduction it is more effective!" That is correct but the real question is "Do you need to reduce Iso II DHT by 91% to maintain your hair line?" In most cases, the answer is "No." A 50% reduction would more than provide an ample reduction to prevent an effect on one's hair line.

Sorry for the dissertation!

No that was perfect. I will be switching. I might be way off on this but would it help any to reduce my dose. Taking 1ml a day now until I get fina and when I do switch, should I stop one and start the next or is there a better way?

Thanks for the info bro.

No that was perfect. I will be switching. I might be way off on this but would it help any to reduce my dose. Taking 1ml a day now until I get fina and when I do switch, should I stop one and start the next or is there a better way?

Thanks for the info bro.

Yup!!! School is in fuckin session!!! Glad to have the doc aboard and any dam hair questions I have will be directed at cash lol

I always thought fina was worse the duta for the amount of dht blocked....but fina or duta wont help hairloss from lets say tren because tren doesnt convert to dht...

so after you answer users question...what can a guy take to lessen the harshness of tren on the hairline?

I would take a look at Toco-8, Many use it on cycle for its ability to help the hair line, others, like myself, run it year round for the multitude of other benefits it provides.

I would take a look at Toco-8, Many use it on cycle for its ability to help the hair line, others, like myself, run it year round for the multitude of other benefits it provides.

Shedding was the main reason why I started using Toco 8. I reduced my total cholesterol down to 150 and raised my hdl to 50. The end of shedding was evident and made it a staple in my stash.

Thanks for the info bro.

No need to reduce the Duta slowly. Duta has an extremely long half life (in the 3 month range!) so it will remain active in your systems for some time to come. You could just do a "cut over" to fina when you receive it. Now fina has a short half life - about 8 hours - so it must be taken daily. 1 mg per day is the general prescribing guideline.

For most folks, I suggest .5 mg of Duta EOD. That is typically more than effective for reducing the DHT as far as the androgen receptors in the scalp are concerned. I don't know much about how the research chems come prepared. How many mgs in a ml of the liquid you are using?

Yup!!! School is in fuckin session!!! Glad to have the doc aboard and any dam hair questions I have will be directed at cash lol

I always thought fina was worse the duta for the amount of dht blocked....but fina or duta wont help hairloss from lets say tren because tren doesnt convert to dht...

so after you answer users question...what can a guy take to lessen the harshness of tren on the hairline?

Sadly, my friend, nothing will mitigate the androgenic effects of tren. You are right, it needs no help from the 5-AR enzyme so fina and duta are of no value with tren. It is the most androgenic commercial steroid available. That is why it works so well. Tren is 5 times more androgenic than Test and it actually has a much much high binding affinity for the androgen receptor.

I would suggest Rogaine Foam 2X a day. What bothers me about Minoxidil is that we, as researchers, really don't know how it actually affects hair grow/regrowth.

Of course there are those that will say it is a potassium channeling agent. That is just a theory that we cannot actually evaluate in any empirically sound form.

The fact is it does work so I would look into it. In today's marketplace it's cheap and a relatively easy solution.

The neat thing about the form vs the older liquid is that it produces better results for the front of the hairline. In the past that was a problem with the liquid b/c it just ran down one's forehead if you tried using it on the front of your hair line. The foam will not do that. You just work it into the scalp and it drys. Much better deliver system than the liquid.

Last edited:
I would go with finastetide bro. But it can take 30days so start before cycle and really starts working best after 90 days but atleast start 30 days before.

Back