Best way to come off Nebido?

Moscow

Hi,

Been on Nebido for 2 years new and absolutely love it.*

I need to come off it for 2 reasons, the first one is fertility as I was completely shut down but now with some help from HGC I got it back to 19 million.. I added HGC to my protocol
1 year ago. Before treatment I had 120 million healthy swimmers and got my wife pregnant relatively easy and had a kid but now my 19million isn't up to it.. I don't want to add HmG or anything else.

Second reason is high hematocrit due to the fact I didn't start donating blood until it was already too high and now I can't lower it as the standard every 8 weeks just stabilises it a bit and then it rises too high again... Next time I get back on Nebido when my wife gets pregnant I will start donating from the very start...*

I had my last 4ml Nebido shot 14weeks ago and I am still taking HGC 300iu 3 times a week... I am thinking of running it for another 2 weeks and then go on to clomid for some time as I read its great for fertility and restarting my system..

Any ideas about when to start clomid and at what dose?*

Any other ideas are welcome..

I am not a doctor, biologist or an expert on this field, but based on what I could research PCT with Nebido (Testosterone undecanoate) should start 9 to 10 weeks after your last injection. Tamoxifen seems to have less negative effects on mood then Clomifene as a PCT. But this is just based on what I could research considering my own possible TRT treatment.

But you should really talk about this with an endocrinologist. If you current doctor is clueless, you should talk to another doctor and have the proper blood work and sperm count done.

Hi,

Been on Nebido for 2 years new and absolutely love it.*

I need to come off it for 2 reasons, the first one is fertility as I was completely shut down but now with some help from HGC I got it back to 19 million.. I added HGC to my protocol
1 year ago. Before treatment I had 120 million healthy swimmers and got my wife pregnant relatively easy and had a kid but now my 19million isn't up to it.. I don't want to add HmG or anything else.

Second reason is high hematocrit due to the fact I didn't start donating blood until it was already too high and now I can't lower it as the standard every 8 weeks just stabilises it a bit and then it rises too high again... Next time I get back on Nebido when my wife gets pregnant I will start donating from the very start...*

I had my last 4ml Nebido shot 14weeks ago and I am still taking HGC 300iu 3 times a week... I am thinking of running it for another 2 weeks and then go on to clomid for some time as I read its great for fertility and restarting my system..

Any ideas about when to start clomid and at what dose?*

Any other ideas are welcome..

if you dont mind me asking, what is your reasoning for not wanting to add hmg? i can understand the price issue. The stuff is crazy expensive, but might save you a lot of trouble of having to come off and do pct.

I would say switch to teste or cyp for 2-3 months then drop that and try the clomid and hcg after a couple weeks. but If it was me i would sty on hrt and just use clomid and hcg IMO

How were you dosing your nebido?

Sounds like a doctor that doesn't have a clue.
I also am a firm believer in starting donations early into protocol. What dosages did you use for nebido?
What TT did you have at peak?
You didn't start donating until 2 years into TRT?

if you dont mind me asking, what is your reasoning for not wanting to add hmg? i can understand the price issue. The stuff is crazy expensive, but might save you a lot of trouble of having to come off and do pct.

To be honest I felt the best just on Nebido every 8-10 weeks and nothing else.. Then I added HCG to get the old swimmers going again then I needed Arimdex.. I am not keen adding another thing..

I played around with the standard 4ml every 6-12 weeks, after the first few shots I was able to increase the time more and more.. In the end 10-11 weeks was fine as I responded well with Nebido.. Not sure how much HGC pushed up the values, anyone got ideas?

Range Total test 12-35 Free test 174-729
7weeks 27.2 free 650
10 weeks 25.1 free 627
12 weeks 23.2 free 588

Started giving blood after 1 year which was a mistake as the standard every 8 weeks wasn't enough... Next time will start from day 1 !!!

Last edited:
if your going to come off testosterone, and have been on for a decent period of time, run HCG for 6-8 weeks. Use anastrozole during this time if needed.

While you are on HCG, nearing the end of your planned time, get a total testosterone blood test to see what your T levels are and to see if the HCG has Taken effect. If you get a +500 reading, discontinue HCG and start SERM treatment. Do this for 4-6 weeks.

This is called a restart, for more detailed info on why this is important, check out the article below:

IT'S ALL ABOUT RECOVERY
It is commonly touted that once you start testosterone replacement (TRT) you are stuck with it for the rest of your life. This is simply not true for the majority of the cases. Many attempt recovery of their natural testosterone levels and fail because they have the wrong dosing structure, not one backed by hundreds of clients being successful for 5+ years going strong. While on TRT therapy, you are shutting down your natural testosterone production. The result of taking testosterone from outside the body is the suppression of 3 primary hormones in the HPTA. In order for your body to produce testosterone naturally again these three signals need to be functioning properly.

GNRH (GONADOTROPIN-RELEASING HORMONE)
This hormone is sent out by the hypothalamus and signals the pituitary to release LH and FSH.

LH (LUTEINIZING HORMONE)
This hormone gets sent from the pituitary to the Leydig cells inside the testicles, signaling them to make testosterone.

FSH (FOLLICLE STIMULATING HORMONE)
Like LH this hormone is also sent out from the pituitary and signals the Sertoli cells inside the testicles to make sperm.

HYPOTHALAMUS -> PITUITARY -> TESTICLES -> TESTOSTERONE
These three components make up the HPTAxis. When attempting to restart the HPTA you need to take all 3 into account and make sure the conditions are right for the Axis to get rolling again. Testosterone from outside the body suppresses this signaling process and other hormones also contribute to shut down as well; such as prolactin and estrogen.

So how do we create the right conditions for the body to start producing its own testosterone?

First and foremost, since the testicles have been dormant or hopefully you have included some HCG during your TRT to maintain partial function we need to get the Leydig cells, which are in the testicles to get back into working condition.

Click the link below to read the full article

https://increasemyt.com/home/restart

if your going to come off testosterone, and have been on for a decent period of time, run HCG for 6-8 weeks. Use anastrozole during this time if needed.

While you are on HCG, nearing the end of your planned time, get a total testosterone blood test to see what your T levels are and to see if the HCG has Taken effect. If you get a +500 reading, discontinue HCG and start SERM treatment. Do this for 4-6 weeks.

This is called a restart, for more detailed info on why this is important, check out the article below:

Click the link below to read the full article

https://increasemyt.com/home/restart

Thanks for that, it offers a lot of food for thought...
Is 400iu 3 times a week of HGC enough for the 6-8 weeks? I have been running HGC with Nebido for the last year..

When your recovering, you want to run higher amounts of HCG in order to attain maximal stimulation.

North of 1500IU (at least 1k) is probably going to be roughly the amounts needed to hit 500.

Nebido is a 12 day ester. So its going to take a while for your T levels to drop into normal range (the ideal range to stimulate the testes).

Lets say your T levels reach 2,000 on nebido (they might hit 2300) then after 12 days you will be at 1k and after 12 more you will be at 500. So after 3-4 weeks (half life are just ranges and vary a lot) you want to run HCG for at least 2 weeks from that point, more like 3.

So I would wait a week or 2 after discontinuing before starting heavy on the HCG.

These are just suggestions for you to talk about with your dr, please consult him/her before changing your prescribed regimen :)

I just ran some blood test before my vacation abroad and I am really surprised and confused.
At 15.2 weeks since my last Nebido injection- I have been running 400iu 3 times a week of HGC..

Total Test 32.29 (high) Range 5.76 - 30.43
Test Free 25.2 Range 4.5 - 42.0
(E2, Estradiol) 62 Range 40 - 161

Do I still have a lot of Nebido in my system or the HCG is keeping it very high?
I was thinking about running HCG for another 2 weeks then starting SERM treatment for 4-6 weeks.. Still do this?

I just ran some blood test before my vacation abroad and I am really surprised and confused.
At 15.2 weeks since my last Nebido injection- I have been running 400iu 3 times a week of HGC..

Total Test 32.29 (high) Range 5.76 - 30.43
Test Free 25.2 Range 4.5 - 42.0
(E2, Estradiol) 62 Range 40 - 161

Do I still have a lot of Nebido in my system or the HCG is keeping it very high?
I was thinking about running HCG for another 2 weeks then starting SERM treatment for 4-6 weeks.. Still do this?

Estradiol is regular panel?
In pmol/l ?
I can hit 510 ng/dl TT with 500 iu HCG 3 times a week. Last I did a restart.
you still have nebido in your system.
How much is your b.f % ?
I find HCG stimulating....not like Test.
totally different feel. Shrinks my appetite too.

Yes pmol/l is the only test available.. It gives me my results with a male range.
B.f not too bad at 181cm at 79kg....

I definitely don't feel like my Test is that high as I am quiet tired and sleepy..

How many more weeks should I stay on HCG before getting on the SERMS?

Back