big butt

huskyguy

300lbs of Heavenly Joy
Presently I am bulking, 5ft 7in and 210 lbs at 9%, I would like to compete within a year to 18 months. I do lots of heavy squats and deadlifts and they give me great results--my legs are one of my best assets. The problem is that I must be genetically predisposed to having big glutes because my butt looks like a beach ball--that's what my fiancee says--Even when I was skinny my butt was prominent, but now it is huge--will thick legs and a so called bubble butt keep me from being truly competitive--I do not want to give up squats and deadlifts they are my two favorite exercises.

How much is fat? I have big glutes from squating and deadlifting too, but with fat loss in dieting, it is not too prominent.

I am only at 9% bodyfat so I really do not have a fat ass, Once I get lean for a contest I am hoping that It doesn't look overdeveloped. All I know is that right now that I am bulking my glutes look overdeveloped.

if you do smith machine squats it won't work your glutes as much. There was this girl I knew a while back that did them and she would always complain that her butt was not big enough. She said people told her to do squats and it would make it bigger. I had her do free weight squats instead and in 2 months you could totally tell the difference.

man...i feel ur pain bro..but its a good thing..learn to embrace ur backside...u dont wanna be one of those guys on stage who do their side quarter turns and have every bodypart in check and have their asses disappear...that looks stupid...but if u want u could opt to leg presses and front squats man...and do more hamstring work to bring them out more and be more compatible with ur ass....lol, u'll be fine

I am learning to live with it, and I will not give up squats. Now if I could only find pants that fit. I am doing more hamstring work and it seems to be working a bit.

huskyguy said:
Presently I am bulking, 5ft 7in and 210 lbs at 9%, I would like to compete within a year to 18 months. I do lots of heavy squats and deadlifts and they give me great results--my legs are one of my best assets. The problem is that I must be genetically predisposed to having big glutes because my butt looks like a beach ball--that's what my fiancee says--Even when I was skinny my butt was prominent, but now it is huge--will thick legs and a so called bubble butt keep me from being truly competitive--I do not want to give up squats and deadlifts they are my two favorite exercises.

I know this is an old thread but I have the same problem. My bf% isn't high. (9-10%) My ass is so big it makes my hamstrings look small.. Even though I train my hamstrings well and they're good size.

When I squat I always go deep and at the bottom I can feel the squat in my glutes a bit. I make a point never to squat wide stance to make sure I don't hit my glutes. I also do heavy walking lunges and I can feel that in my upper hams.

Is there anything else I can do to try and balance out my hams and glutes?

rack pulls, good mornings, sldl, pull thrus, glute ham raises reverse hyper. the glutes get hit some on these but it targets the lower back and hams more. good luck.

don't do smith squats. They are real bad for your knees b/c you move in a strait line. It isn't a natural range of motion for the knee. Just thought i'd mention it.

once you get shredded everything changes back there im meen shredded you'll know your ready when your glutes go into sharp points or better yet get all striated when this occurs the baloon but should not be so prominent. you dont think all the pros have big asses in the offseason those dudes glutes need their own zip code. but everthing comes together for their shows when their all dialed.but the truth is 9% is really only the beginning its time to suffer bro.

I think its because I am fairly short 5ft7 my glutes are just so damn huge. As I get heavier they get bigger. Heavy squats definitely develop the glutes.

re-big butt

Yes i have the same genetics were mass tends to settle
and balloon my glutes! but just as you i wont give up heavy
squats i,d prefer to live with my massive glutes.You
must,nt feel self conscious about how huge their getting):
you,ll just have to be the best at what nature has
degreed you body structure will be. Note some who have
tried to go against nature by losing mass in other body parts
by trying to shrink another! smaller glutes with smaller quads
arms..pecs..ect' which can be ten times more over whelming.
Your choice to let your genetic code do its math is a wise
dicision!! buy clothes that you can train in and be socially
comfortable in where your most confident with the size
of your build as well as your over sized glutes. Im 6ft..3
so shorter guys arent the only ones that can have proportional
imballance. Note im sure many well trained judges at bodybuilding
shows will take over developed glutes with a professional eye.

re-big butt

Yes i have the same genetics were mass tends to settle
and balloon my glutes! but just as you i wont give up heavy
squats i,d prefer to live with my massive glutes.You
must,nt feel self conscious about how huge their getting):
you,ll just have to be the best at what nature has
degreed you body structure will be. Note some who have
tried to go against nature by losing mass in other body parts
by trying to shrink another! smaller glutes with smaller quads
arms..pecs..ect' which can be ten times more over whelming.
Your choice to let your genetic code do its math is a wise
dicision!! buy clothes that you can train in and be socially
comfortable in where your most confident with the size
of your build as well as your over sized glutes. Im 6ft..3
so shorter guys arent the only ones that can have proportional
imballance. Note im sure many well trained judges at bodybuilding
shows will take over developed glutes with a professional eye.

front squats and leg ext.

i've read in an article by dennis 'the menace' james that squats just work your ass , with your quads benefiting alittle. he recommended the front squats to target the quads. i know that normal squats gets good results on quads, but dennis does have a point. people disposed to having a big ass can do front squats and leg ext. leg presses i doubt. (unless your going low on the foot positioning).

thats my two cents.

My wife thinks that it is cute that she can balance a wine glass on my butt when I am standing.

Back