Blood Sugar Question

Hey all, haven't been posting but I've been reading. Came over from EF boards.

Today I got really hungry all of a sudden, which often happens to me when I'm eating on a schedule like for lifting, and I ate a tuna sandwich from subway reallly fast. Then when I got home I got lightheaded with a headache and serious chills. It was like 80 degrees but I was on the couch wearing long pants and long sleeves with a blanket and a down comforter on top of me, shivering. Lasted about 2 hours. So weird. I am wondering if this is likely to be a matter of blood sugar or food poisoning or what. Anyone know?

sounds like some bad fish.

Symptoms of food poisoning can range from mild headache to severe flu-like symptoms. The most common signs and symptoms are nausea, stomach cramps, diarrhea, fever, chills, and vomiting. A person with food poisoning may have any combination of these symptoms depending on the cause or the agent involved. The illness may begin from one to 72 hours after eating the food.

http://www.safete.com/safetyarticles/foodpoisoning/foodpoisoning.html

Thanks Fyre & nc.

I'm okay today. Last night I got chills for a couple hours and then a fever for a couple hours. Subway called me and insisted it couldn't be the tuna, but offered me a free sandwich. Haha, no thanks!

VeggieLifterChick said:

Subway called me and insisted it couldn't be the tuna, but offered me a free sandwich. Haha, no thanks!

yeah right! as if minimum wage "sandwich artists" are going to be concerned that the meat is always fresh... lol

VeggieLifterChick said:
Thanks Fyre & nc.

I'm okay today. Last night I got chills for a couple hours and then a fever for a couple hours. Subway called me and insisted it couldn't be the tuna, but offered me a free sandwich. Haha, no thanks!

LOL!!

Thats fab...

Glad your starting to feel better sweety!

Hey all! I thought I was better because the symptoms had gone away, but then they kept coming back for a few hours at a time about 2x a day since I wrote that first message. Since it was intermittent I had thought I was getting better. Not so. Well, I finally went to the doc and found out that I do not have food poisoning - eat @ Subway with no fear! Instead, I have a bad bacterial infection that began as a UTI, that is now spreading up my body toward the kidneys. The doc put me on antibiotics so I should be fine in 10 days. Had no "down there" symptoms at all. (They did a urinalysis). Just wanted to let you all know in case you experience something similar. The symptoms are hell - fever, chills, fever, chills....ugh. Don't ignore it if it happens to you!

Back