box squads better for leg stregth then regular squads?

Diesel5555

box squats better for leg stregth then regular squats?

when I do box squads i feel my legs hurting way more the next day then regular squats. I dont go as low on box squats as I do on regular an I can do a lot more weight. I think im gonna replace regular squads with box squats on legs day. Anyone else feel the same?

Last edited:
Pain or soreness is not necessarily a good indicator of the benefits you will get from an exercise.

Diesel5555 said:
when I do box squads i feel my legs hurting way more the next day then regular squads. I dont go as low on box squads as I do on regular an I can do a lot more weight. I think im gonna replace regular squads with box squads on legs day. Anyone else feel the same?

box squat s work fine. go for it,

Vennom96 said:
What the hell are squads?

dsucheerleaders.gif

Reactions: jul
Box squats take out the stretch reflex and are much harder on the way up as such. I'd keep workign them till they stop feeling as productive and then switch it up again.

Diesel5555 said:
I dont go as low on box squats as I do on regular an I can do a lot more weight.
yea i could pobably squat 800 pounds if i only went down an inch.

ass to grass is the only way to go.

Suareezay said:
yea i could pobably squat 800 pounds if i only went down an inch.

ass to grass is the only way to go.

You can't go ass to the grass on box squats.

Because your ass hits the box.

use a low box.i was one of those guys who had a good squat till i realized i was doing half squats.do em low brother!you will be happy with the gains that way and then you will be doing real squats.

Back