Cleaning equipment with acetone

Nawas

After brushing everything with drinking water and soap
Can I use acetone to clean the beakers and vacuum pump filters?
I don't want to use the benzyl alcohol because its hard to get

Clean the equipment thoroughly with soap and water for basic cleaning. You may need to use a wire brush to remove some residue. Rinse with purified water to ensure that all soap residue is removed. Boil purified water in the lab equipment to remove caked-on material like solidified bits or other gelatin-like products.

Clean the equipment thoroughly with soap and water for basic cleaning. You may need to use a wire brush to remove some residue. Rinse with purified water to ensure that all soap residue is removed. Boil purified water in the lab equipment to remove caked-on material like solidified bits or other gelatin-like products.

Thank you so much

Sorry to bring this up again
But I am in a desert
And purified water is not cheap
Can I just use drinking water?

Last edited:
Go to Med-Lab Supply.
They carry Benzyl Alcohol up to 5 Gallon containers.

And they carry everything else you might need for Home-brewing.................................... JP

I ordered from desertcart
But thanks
I will order directly from med lab and save money next time

Sorry for bumping the thread again
I found purified water
Dont know how to delete

Batterywater/distilled water works fine. When you clean your beakers just use regular tap water, rinse everything off with distilled/batterywater so no residue is left. High concentration alcohols like ethanol or isprop is what I'd use. This will only disinfect and not sterilize your equipment.
I wouldn't order from medlabsupply myself. Benzyl alcohol is not used for cleaning your equipment.

Batterywater/distilled water works fine. When you clean your beakers just use regular tap water, rinse everything off with distilled/batterywater so no residue is left. High concentration alcohols like ethanol or isprop is what I'd use. This will only disinfect and not sterilize your equipment.
I wouldn't order from medlabsupply myself. Benzyl alcohol is not used for cleaning your equipment.

Thanks allot

Back