Contest prep with my main man 3j

dialtone

So as it happens, life got the best of me the past 2 years and I decided it was time to get my ass back in shape and use a competition as my goal and motivation. I am surrounded by individuals with extensive histories in contest prep and plenty of seasoned competitors. I have also personally been around the block a few times when it comes to dieting. When I sat back to think about the best way to prep for this competition, despite the fact that I had many people offering to help me, only one option really stuck out as the best route to take...so I hit up 3j.

Like I said, I personally have a pretty good grasp on dieting but I'm man enough to admit that 3j has got me beat with his expertise. That's why you'll often times see me respond to people on here saying "My diet is on point" by saying that they still need to talk to 3j. 3j has been helping me out for 6 weeks now and I can easily say that this has been the smoothest and most consistent dieting I have ever done. The diet and cardio is simple; I feel great all the time and my workouts haven't suffered at all, in fact I am stronger than I was before. I look at the other competitors and they are all miserable and suffering...I just kind of smile as I push through my sets with ease.

I decided to start a log on here so you guys can follow along and witness how well 3j's diets work, even in an intense and dynamic contest prep. I say "intense" because as you will see, I was in pretty bad shape as of 12 weeks out...I was far behind schedule. Six weeks later I feel like I am right on track and possibly a little ahead of schedule. Below is my progress and I'll update this every week until the show. I'll post before and after pics once it is all said and done.

Starting Weight: 212.6lbs

Week 1: 206.4lbs (6.2lbs lost)
Week 2: 203.6lbs (2.8lbs lost)
Week 3: 201 lbs (2.6lbs lost)
Week 4: 197.6lbs (3.4lbs lost)
Week 5: 193.6lbs (4lbs lost)
Week 6: 190.8lbs (2.8lbs lost)

Keep in mind, I've been needing to average 3lbs a week, which is more than the average competitor. Right now my weekly average is 3.6lbs a week...ahead of schedule and perfectly consistent. I couldn't be happier that I chose to hit up 3j...I'm excited to see where I land and I'll keep you guys posted.

Nice! I too am on one of 3j's plans and truly feel humbled by his knowledge. Very nice results dialtone, good luck in your competition! :D

Thanks man. I also forgot to mention that I switched to the workout he gave me and it's been awesome, far better than the workouts I write for myself. I can honestly feel my muscles changing as a result of the workout.

Thanks man. I also forgot to mention that I switched to the workout he gave me and it's been awesome, far better than the workouts I write for myself. I can honestly feel my muscles changing as a result of the workout.

5 day split? Yeah, I was hesitant to give it a try, but I have to be honest - I too am really liking it. It's so nice being in and out of the gym after an hour and still putting on the mass in the right places! :D

Great job Dialtone. 3.4 per week is a great average. Look forward to pictures as well. What weight are you shooting for?? Also, good luck on the competition man. Nail that shit.

Congrats on your progress thus far Dialtone! 3J is the man when it comes to diets and its astounding you can be losing an average of 3.6lbs/wk while maintaining lbm. Life always has a way of bringing us down but the true test of character is how we rebound from the downs. Being man enough to admit someone's expertise in dieting may be better than yours and than following through with it says a lot. Being 6wks behind to now you feel ahead of schedule is the mark of a dedicated and determined individual. Bring us back the GOLD brother lol. Even without the gold you're still a winner by embarking on a complete transformation. I think I speak for the rest of us when I say best of luck to you and definitely keep us updated. PICS PICS PICS haha

lol... some guys think they need to get in the gym and power away for 2-3 hours... my workouts with the exception of deadlifting days and leg days are less then 45 min long... its about the quality of the effort not the quantity..

thanks for the kind words dtone... i appreciate it..

and for those of you interested in signing up with me just shoot me an email at 3jdiet@gmail.com

lol... some guys think they need to get in the gym and power away for 2-3 hours... my workouts with the exception of deadlifting days and leg days are less then 45 min long... its about the quality of the effort not the quantity..

thanks for the kind words dtone... i appreciate it..

and for those of you interested in signing up with me just shoot me an email at 3jdiet@gmail.com

true...the workouts are super quick allowing time for abs and cardio. Now if you could only come up with a way to cook 30 lbs of chicken in a 5 minutes you would be flawless my friend.

Update:
Starting Weight: 212.6lbs

Week 7: 189.0lbs (1.8lbs lost)

Time to kick it up a notch.

Are you running gear on this diet.. I was just wondering you didn't mention it on your post.

and damn good job you are shredding away!!
I'm seriously considering doing his contest prep
when I'm ready!

I think I'm going to shoot 3J an email. I easily lost 90 lbs with just diet and compound lifting. Then I couldn't drop any more so I ate at maintenance and have been all over the place since then. I went from 229 back up to 255 mostly muscle(started trt). So now I'm pretty damn big but I'm still at like 20%. I need to get to like 10% which is like 25lbs.

yes, test e 550mg/wk and deca 400mg/wk starting sixteen weeks out. Ran that for 10 weeks and just started test p 150mg/eod and tren a 150mg/eod today until the show. I try to keep that area as simple as possible.

To be honest, a lot of trainers would have told me I needed to either hold off for a later show or would have given me an atrocious diet with a severe calorie deficit. 3J was cool as a cucumber and I've responded to it perfectly.

Got sick over the weekend so my weight is all fucked up. I'm up a lb. but we made some changes to my diet and I think some badass changes are coming this week.

Week 8: 190.1lbs

Plus, here are some pics of when I started 7 weeks ago and today.
View attachment 551050

DAMN! Nice progress Dialtone! Can definitely see a huge difference in such a short time. Keep up the hard work!

Got sick over the weekend so my weight is all fucked up. I'm up a lb. but we made some changes to my diet and I think some badass changes are coming this week.

Week 8: 190.1lbs

Plus, here are some pics of when I started 7 weeks ago and today.
View attachment 551050

You have to be fucking kidding me!!! That's what my before pic would look like if I posted one only a little more in the love handles but pretty damn close. Damn, I am definitely getting on with 3J in a couple weeks when I have the $$$ want to hear what he recommends but want to do the carb cycle. Running keto now and am starving and have only been on for a week! lol EXCELLENT WORK!

So far good bud, keep up the good work ! That is a superb transformation in 7 weeks and keep us updated to what happens ! Good luck.

Oh I should say that when I post my weight weeks, I'm posting my weight at the beginning of the next week. So I'm in my 8th week now, down to 188lbs this morning. Thinking the water came off from being sick.

Back